Sign in to follow this  
AP16

What a save!

Yeah WTF was he doing heading it??? Surely he could have more easily punched it over the bar. Maybe he thought he couldnt handle it due to backpass? I dont think the ref would have gave a foul though.

any touch with the arm or hand equaites a back pass... otherwise keepers would be fisting the ball clear every week wouldnt they?

the 2nd one isnt so much a good save as incompetence from the strike.. he heads it straight at him! aim for either corner and he''s scored

jas :)

Not bad!

Got me thinking as to the best save I have ever seen...

2 that spring to mind are one from Rob Green against Derby the year we won the champs - it was from a Dichio header at the Barclay End and the other would be Marshall last year against Hull when he somehow tipped a header from Frazier over the bar.

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

Not bad!

2 that spring to mind are one from Rob Green against Derby the year we won the champs - it was from a Dichio header at the Barclay End and the other would be Marshall last year against Hull when he somehow tipped a header from Frazier over the bar.

[/quote]Got me thinking too..........Remember the backpass that rolled under Gunnys'' foot.Dark day that.

[quote user="ched seven"]

[quote user="BunnyB"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuTfqEK45Bo&NR=1

This save fromGordan Banks is better.
[/quote]

for me the best save ever was jim montgomery for  sunderland against leeds in the 73 cup final..  i don`t know how to post links but its on youtube.. it still takes me by surprise every time i see it.

[/quote]

This one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZmFoo4payA

cheers  thats the one.. absolutely fantastic save  when you first see it you think he just hits the bar..even poor old brian moore thought it was in..that was the first cup final i ever watched and understood what was going on..great memory 

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

Not bad!

[/quote]Remember a point blank one from Green against Stoke (Bangoura?) at home in his last season with us, in the dying minutes at the Barclay End.

Check out David Seaman''s wonder save - pretty special! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whHyHXnLCIw&feature=related

Green has made some absolute stunners for us. I remember the ones against Derby and Stoke especially well as they were at the Barclay. I also remember one in the play off final that was just outrageous, he''d already committed to going one way and somehow defied physics and saved it.

Peter Schmeichels against Rapid Vienna in the champs League was superhuman... i dont think anyone else in the world would of saved that! A head from Toni Polster i think it was.... not sure its on Youtube though

jas :)

Probably not on youtube but I remember Andy Marshall making an amazing save against Coventry at Highfield Road when he first came into the team after Gunny got injured.   Also he had a blinder against Newcastle United at home in his first home game I seem to remember.And then he went and threw it all away !!