Sign in to follow this  
Iwan is God

The Iversen Fiasco

I don''t know Rucker but i do know Iwan (I work with him), and i can tell you he''s not one of there fools who will believe anything that anybody says. If he believe''s what Rucker has told him then thats good enough for me too. At the end of the day, that story is far too elaborate and detailed to have been made up, and it certainly goes a long way to explaining whats happened at Carrow Road over the course of the summer. Whilst i will admit that Rucker probably hasn''t covered himself in glory in the eyes of some with some of his replies on this thread, i can fully understand just how frustrating it is when you try and post some genuine news that you feel all supporters have a right to know, only to get shot down as a binner/troll etc etc. Rucker has told us that the club will make an announcement about Iverson, which would have to be in the next 7 days, so lets just give him a chance before we dismiss him as a bull shitter.

Fair point Mr Brownstone, but I think Branston Pickle summed it up perfectly in his post at 12.01.

We could have all saved some time and effort if the initial posts from Rucker had been a little less aggressive.

Either way, lets see what happens next week.

Obviously there are conflicting stories here, but I have got to say with Cam''s "links" his story makes far more sense, and is from a "trustworthy" source. Iwan Is God, as many other fans will at sometime, heard something and let us know, I doubt he made it up, so we''ll leave it at that.

My guess is Rucker is probably Chris in disguise again, and has never met Iwan is God, and is probably on his PC in the nursery.

[quote user="Iwan is God"]

I heard the following last night & have been deciding whether to post it or not all day. I decided what the hell, everyone should know!!

Carl Moore who funded half of Huckerby''s wages while he was here was at Carrow Road Wednesday trying to sort a deal out to get Iversen here. He offered to pay £6k a week to cover half of Iversen''s wages but the club could only stretch to £3k a week as they are already up to their wages budget! The club will announce a deal couldn''t be struck between us & Rosenberg but it isn''t strictly true! Also Foulger paid all costs to get Clingan & Hoolahan here & the Turners paid for Bell. Delia can no longer afford to put any more of her own money into the club!!! The feeling is Roeder has had a gut full & may be gone by January!

[/quote]

Simply put - Carl Moore''s involvement is VERY unlikely.

[quote user="rucker"]how old are u, shouldnt u be doing your homework[/quote]In August? It''s still the summer holidays, you know. Did you forget? You''ve got another week or so before you go back...

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]I don''t know Rucker but i do know Iwan (I work with him), and i can tell you he''s not one of there fools who will believe anything that anybody says. If he believe''s what Rucker has told him then thats good enough for me too. At the end of the day, that story is far too elaborate and detailed to have been made up, and it certainly goes a long way to explaining whats happened at Carrow Road over the course of the summer. Whilst i will admit that Rucker probably hasn''t covered himself in glory in the eyes of some with some of his replies on this thread, i can fully understand just how frustrating it is when you try and post some genuine news that you feel all supporters have a right to know, only to get shot down as a binner/troll etc etc. Rucker has told us that the club will make an announcement about Iverson, which would have to be in the next 7 days, so lets just give him a chance before we dismiss him as a bull shitter.[/quote]Words fail me. I can only imagine you''ve all escaped from a quiet place with very high walls. Have you read Rucker''s posts? In terms of emotional development he appears to be a few years younger than the picture of the obnoxious infant on one of his posts. And he is your source? And you trust him?I can''t get my head round this. It HAS to be a wind up.

As i said mate, i''ve never met him but Iwan has (presuming Rucker is telling the truth about being his source as Iwan hasn''t verified it), and i know him quite well and i trust his judgement. He told me this on friday and i urged him to post it. If it is true then it has serious ramifications for our season.

Cam has always been reliable and roeder, who strikes me as a straight talking person, said it was not about money. I thought it was announed with the signing of the Fulham players that all the Board had put more money in this summer otherwise it is difficult to see how the  increased depth in terms of more players challenging for places has been funded. The does does not mean that the other poster might not be right but the rants and the level of literacy suggest he is not the most reliable source.

This is all very well T but this continual quote or inference that Roeder is happy with the board''s financial support must be ignored.

He cannot say anything else can he? I for one think it is very plausible that he is not a happy with close season events and it would not surprise me if pride made him quit before the season is out.

Why is it always assumed that a persons literacy skills are linked to the information they maybe privileged to? Good News Gordon had a reasonable grasp of spelling and punctuation, yet he wasn''t exactly a reliable source was he?

[quote user="T"]

Cam has always been reliable and roeder, who strikes me as a straight talking person, said it was not about money. I thought it was announed with the signing of the Fulham players that all the Board had put more money in this summer otherwise it is difficult to see how the  increased depth in terms of more players challenging for places has been funded. The does does not mean that the other poster might not be right but the rants and the level of literacy suggest he is not the most reliable source.

[/quote]

It doesn''t matter whether someone else is financing Iversen or not - that is not the problem.  The problem is that Rosenborg are refusing to let him go, having gone back on a promise they made to the player which is why Mr Roeder is so furious about it.   Whether they will let him go if they lose their Cup second leg next week we will have to wait and see.

If you still want him you''ll probably get him later on - they''ve done themselves no good at all as they now have a very cross player in their squad which personally I would not want.  Unless they go further in the Cup their season ends on November 2.  It may be, of course, that Mr Roeder will be forced to look elsewhere.  I certainly don''t know the answer to that.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Why is it always assumed that a persons literacy skills are linked to the information they maybe privileged to? Good News Gordon had a reasonable grasp of spelling and punctuation, yet he wasn''t exactly a reliable source was he?[/quote]Correct but in this case it''s more about attitude I think. To come on here and slag everyone off for no reason at all is hardly going to win people over.

Brann 0 Rosenborg 0 this evening.

Trondheim reporter: "Iversen man of the match.  No, he didn''t score but he created so many chances for everyone else.  And some awesome defending when they were under pressure."

"I got a word with him afterwards.  Good week, Steffen?"

"Football okay.  Off the pitch, no."[:|]

I''m not going to say i told you so but I am glad people who accused me of making up stories to simply have a go at the board are going to have to change their opinions of me!

[quote user="Iwan is God"]I''m not going to say i told you so but I am glad people who accused me of making up stories to simply have a go at the board are going to have to change their opinions of me![/quote]Didn''t post on it but read through thread. You weren''t wrong were you.

[quote user="Iwan is God"]I''m not going to say i told you so but I am glad people who accused me of making up stories to simply have a go at the board are going to have to change their opinions of me![/quote]

I didn''t say you were wrong, I said that your source is an unpleasant knob. And I stand by that.

My information is that the finances were sorted out over a month ago.Rosenborg were actively pursuing 3 strikers in order to get a replacement for Steff.. If the article is true, then they have changed their tune.So although the reasons are different to the original post, the net result is the same.

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[quote user="Iwan is God"]I''m not going to say i told you so but I am glad people who accused me of making up stories to simply have a go at the board are going to have to change their opinions of me![/quote]

I didn''t say you were wrong, I said that your source is an unpleasant knob. And I stand by that.

[/quote]

You didn''t say I was wrong, but some did & one even called me an idiot!

[quote user="Iwan is God"][quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[/quote]

You didn''t say I was wrong, but some did & one even called me an idiot!

[/quote]

Okey doke, fair enough.  But ''idiot'' is very mild compared to what your ''mate'' was bandying about. 

Well, those posts had been deleted by the time I logged on so I can''t comment. He may have been out of order, but his info was ok!!

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Iwan is God"]

I heard the following last night & have been deciding whether to post it or not all day. I decided what the hell, everyone should know!!

Carl Moore who funded half of Huckerby''s wages while he was here was at Carrow Road Wednesday trying to sort a deal out to get Iversen here. He offered to pay £6k a week to cover half of Iversen''s wages but the club could only stretch to £3k a week as they are already up to their wages budget! The club will announce a deal couldn''t be struck between us & Rosenberg but it isn''t strictly true! Also Foulger paid all costs to get Clingan & Hoolahan here & the Turners paid for Bell. Delia can no longer afford to put any more of her own money into the club!!! The feeling is Roeder has had a gut full & may be gone by January!

[/quote]

No, that is totally and utterly untrue regarding Iversen.  We have an "in" on the Iversen situation and that is completely wrong.  As to the Foulger business I would not know.

I don''t know about Mr Roeder either although I find it rather strange that if he''s on his way he''s just signed a  lease on a property in Norfolk.

However, I can say your information  on Iversen is totally incorrect.  The statements made by Mr Roeder on Friday you would have known about on this board and Carrow Road net quite a while ago - from us.

[/quote]

looks like he was right then !!