Sign in to follow this  
Sammy Clingfilm

Criticism and Nonsense!

Hi, I am a new poster on this site but been following it for quite a while and a lifelong Norwich fan till I die!

Ok, well to start off with, yes we should have won the game on paper tonight, we were very optimistic as we should, against a average MK Dons side. I had a thought in the back of my mind from past Cup embarressments that we would slip up and we did. We have not gone down, we have not been dumped out of a league. We are out of the cup, lets concentrate where we want to do well and where we can do well, in the league!

These stupid posters come on here, who even support Norwich and criticise us. You are supposedly Norwich fans, you are expected to get behind the team, not get on their backs, yes we lost, come on, put this behind us and get behind the boys on saturday where they will try their upmost to a win under their belts and secure three points. I know why you are frustrated, i''am too but there is no need to have a go about it, can we do anything about it?

If we won tonight we would be talking on a different subject, oh what a satisfactory win, well done to the lads, and so on, it would be totally the opposite conversaion, we didn''t perform on the night did we?

Blackpool saturday, come on you yellas! And for those people who are (cough cough) Norwich fans, don''t post unneccessary comments, its ridicuous in my eyes along with many others, we love a bit of banter from other supporters but to get criticism from other fans of the same team, surely can not be right?

OTBC!

P.S I might have gone over the top with a few things I have mentioned but there we go, I am quite annoyed how our own fans can come on here and give us this rubbish about us and gettin on our backs, understandably frustraotions among the fans but we can''t go back now!

Quite miserable i say!

Some critisim goes too far, personal or whatever. But this is a place to have a moan or talk about it, think of it as a football version of Dear Dedrie.

We to look at the bigger football picture, its early doors and every fan knows what the first lot of games are like, they can be quite a nervous affair as they are trying to impress the manager but know that there are players ready to come in.

Never have I shared the views of a poster on this board more!Awesome insight into the way this board seems to work, yes we are all Norwich fans, some with glasses less yellow tinted than others, but why we have to attack each other when we all share a common goal is beyond me.Good post Sammy, and good performance against Coventry :)Keep it up :POTBC

Agree about getting behind the team, but that doesn''t mean you can''t/shouldn''t have an opinion and be constructively critical.What gets on my nerves is the consistent moaners, who say the same thing over and over again, starting attention seeking threads and running up massive post counts but without ever contributing to any debate!

Yes because most of the people on this site put people down, or should i say their own club down.

I really don''t understand, why would you put you own club, i can see disspointment there but its not right, we are one league game in the season, been knocked from the cup and if you that bothered about cups, hope the Fa cup delivers for you but iam worried about the league really, we want to get promoted, not be putting the team down because they lost, what can you do about it?

NOTHING, i know !

Having your opinion means calmly putting acroos your point, not getting in a puff anf a huff because you think you are right!

Yes your opinion may be right but havign a go at each other when you all share the same optimism and hoipe, is stupid, why would you do that?

In my eyes its dissapointing and ridiculous !

I think he is more having a go at a minority who tend not to constructively criticize and simply mindlessly slag players off without evidence and a real reason. Constructive criticism can often be a good thing but mindless slagging off is just not wanted and totally pointless.

I think many of us agree with that!

But some people are taking the mick really, and thats whats happening on here and we dont want it, mindless slagging off and down in the dumps sort of mood, get behind the players and roeder!

i agree people should get behind the team we are after all ncfc fans, but people are worried, very very worried i know i am worried. i think a lot of fans are seeing history( and i mean last season) repeating its self. the team does not look like its gelling yes i know its early days but us fans have had nothing to feel happy about for a while now, and without some one to bang the goals in i can see this atmos carrying on. hopefully now the board will give glenn a good pot of money to get this goal scorer in and everyone will feel happy and lifted. i really hope fans dont start booing etc at games it will not help

If Smith had of sold up and let Cullum run the club i am sure everybody would have been united , now we have a weak team of mostly loanees that will be fighting the drop again this season and people are angry and that anger will all be heading Smiths way pretty soon. Tonight it was chants for Huckerby lose again Saturday and it will be Cullum chants and Delia out of that you can be sure.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]If Smith had of sold up and let Cullum run the club i am sure everybody would have been united , now we have a weak team of mostly loanees that will be fighting the drop again this season and people are angry and that anger will all be heading Smiths way pretty soon. Tonight it was chants for Huckerby lose again Saturday and it will be Cullum chants and Delia out of that you can be sure.[/quote]Rubbish, we all know Cullum wanted to come in on the cheap, and Delia and co rightly told him where to stick it, if we lose on saturday I can imagine the team getting booed off the pitch (if they put in a bad performance) but there won''t be delia out chants, the majority of fans on the pinkun forums are negative idiots, some of which take the pi$$ so much I think they are Ipswich fans (wizard & Smudger) but in the overall picture they are in the minority, and make up a small percentage of our fan base, and tbh I rarely even listen to them anymore as they can only come up with bias arguments and when we try and have a constructive argument they suddenly disappear and create another thread slagging the club off. I didn''t hear the match tonight as I was working so I cannot comment on it, but it seems like we just didn''t take our chances again, I would be worried if we''d played terrible against Coventry but the truth of the matter is (whether you like it or not) that we totally played Coventry off the park and if we had a striker there to bang them in we would have won that game comfortably, plus the ref didn''t help us one bit either. And as it seems Roeder has his eyes on a striker I''m confident of a good season this year, we played some superb stuff on saturday and we just need 1 more striker to finish the equation and we can really push on. Whats the point in being negative it doesn''t help anyone, look at the positives for a change!

[quote user="Sammy Clingfilm"]

These stupid posters come on here, who even support Norwich and criticise us. You are supposedly Norwich fans, you are expected to get behind the team, not get on their backs, yes we lost, come on, put this behind us and get behind the boys on saturday where they will try their upmost to a win under their belts and secure three points. I know why you are frustrated, i''am too but there is no need to have a go about it, can we do anything about it?If we won tonight we would be talking on a different subject, oh what a satisfactory win, well done to the lads, and so on, it would be totally the opposite conversaion, we didn''t perform on the night did we?

[/quote]I am behind the team. I am behind the club. Hell, I''m even behind Roeder himself.What I am NOT behind, is a board that has for too long neglected to invest in the team itself here at Norwich, and who are happy to sit back and harp on about ''risk'' and ''safe debt'', while we as loyal fans are forced to sit in the terraces and gaze upon the most dreadful shower of sh*te ever to grace our pitch. 4 seasons of this now we have had to endure. We want prgress, we want success, but we are realistic, none of this can be achieved without money. You know this. We know this. So why oh why when the 40th richest guy in Britian came knocking on our door, a lifelong Norwich fan who fitted all of Delia''s manic criteria, was he sent packing with his tail between his legs.The cook has hung on for far too long, for the good of this CLUB she should stand aside.

Well said .... great post i''m a life long fan and its been hell! Such a shame for the loyal fans who turn up week in and week out

Don''t you think we deserve better folks?

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Loan City Fc "]If Smith had of sold up and let Cullum run the club i am sure everybody would have been united , now we have a weak team of mostly loanees that will be fighting the drop again this season and people are angry and that anger will all be heading Smiths way pretty soon. Tonight it was chants for Huckerby lose again Saturday and it will be Cullum chants and Delia out of that you can be sure.
[/quote]

Rubbish, we all know Cullum wanted to come in on the cheap, and Delia and co rightly told him where to stick it, if we lose on saturday I can imagine the team getting booed off the pitch (if they put in a bad performance) but there won''t be delia out chants, the majority of fans on the pinkun forums are negative idiots, some of which take the pi$$ so much I think they are Ipswich fans (wizard & Smudger) but in the overall picture they are in the minority, and make up a small percentage of our fan base, and tbh I rarely even listen to them anymore as they can only come up with bias arguments and when we try and have a constructive argument they suddenly disappear and create another thread slagging the club off.
I didn''t hear the match tonight as I was working so I cannot comment on it, but it seems like we just didn''t take our chances again, I would be worried if we''d played terrible against Coventry but the truth of the matter is (whether you like it or not) that we totally played Coventry off the park and if we had a striker there to bang them in we would have won that game comfortably, plus the ref didn''t help us one bit either. And as it seems Roeder has his eyes on a striker I''m confident of a good season this year, we played some superb stuff on saturday and we just need 1 more striker to finish the equation and we can really push on. Whats the point in being negative it doesn''t help anyone, look at the positives for a change!
[/quote]

''We all know Cullum wanted to come in on the cheap....'' - Do we? How do you know that considering that there has been a wall of silence from both sides since talks were called. Exactly how much did The Cook pay to take control of NCFC? Yeah - not a lot but, stupid me, I forgot the sacred argument that without her the club would have been liquidated, the land seized and bulldozed down!  

As for this argument that people like Wiz and Smudger are ''Ipswich'' fans, your argument is so weak it''s pathetic. Have you ever met Smudger? I have and I can tell you the guy is NCFC through and through.

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Loan City Fc "]If Smith had of sold up and let Cullum run the club i am sure everybody would have been united , now we have a weak team of mostly loanees that will be fighting the drop again this season and people are angry and that anger will all be heading Smiths way pretty soon. Tonight it was chants for Huckerby lose again Saturday and it will be Cullum chants and Delia out of that you can be sure.
[/quote]

Rubbish, we all know Cullum wanted to come in on the cheap, and Delia and co rightly told him where to stick it, if we lose on saturday I can imagine the team getting booed off the pitch (if they put in a bad performance) but there won''t be delia out chants, the majority of fans on the pinkun forums are negative idiots, some of which take the pi$$ so much I think they are Ipswich fans (wizard & Smudger) but in the overall picture they are in the minority, and make up a small percentage of our fan base, and tbh I rarely even listen to them anymore as they can only come up with bias arguments and when we try and have a constructive argument they suddenly disappear and create another thread slagging the club off.
I didn''t hear the match tonight as I was working so I cannot comment on it, but it seems like we just didn''t take our chances again, I would be worried if we''d played terrible against Coventry but the truth of the matter is (whether you like it or not) that we totally played Coventry off the park and if we had a striker there to bang them in we would have won that game comfortably, plus the ref didn''t help us one bit either. And as it seems Roeder has his eyes on a striker I''m confident of a good season this year, we played some superb stuff on saturday and we just need 1 more striker to finish the equation and we can really push on. Whats the point in being negative it doesn''t help anyone, look at the positives for a change!
[/quote]

''We all know Cullum wanted to come in on the cheap....'' - Do we? How do you know that considering that there has been a wall of silence from both sides since talks were called. Exactly how much did The Cook pay to take control of NCFC? Yeah - not a lot but, stupid me, I forgot the sacred argument that without her the club would have been liquidated, the land seized and bulldozed down!  

As for this argument that people like Wiz and Smudger are ''Ipswich'' fans, your argument is so weak it''s pathetic. Have you ever met Smudger? I have and I can tell you the guy is NCFC through and through.

[/quote]

Despite old Smudy announcing on here a few times he loves Nottingham Forest.. yeh really NCFC through and through!

jas :)

If we won tonight we would be talking on a different subject, oh what a satisfactory win, well done to the lads,

[/quote]

Oh Sammy, how little do you know.  We could have won 4-0 and Wiz and his cohorts would still be bemoaning the lack of this or that.  Welcome, but don''t expect any changes, even if we win the League.

Hi, I am a new poster on this site but been following it for quite a while and a lifelong Norwich fan till I die!

Ok, well to start off with, yes we should have won the game on paper tonight, we were very optimistic as we should, against a average MK Dons side. I had a thought in the back of my mind from past Cup embarressments that we would slip up and we did. We have not gone down, we have not been dumped out of a league. We are out of the cup, lets concentrate where we want to do well and where we can do well, in the league!

These stupid posters come on here, who even support Norwich and criticise us. You are supposedly Norwich fans, you are expected to get behind the team, not get on their backs, yes we lost, come on, put this behind us and get behind the boys on saturday where they will try their upmost to a win under their belts and secure three points. I know why you are frustrated, i''am too but there is no need to have a go about it, can we do anything about it?

If we won tonight we would be talking on a different subject, oh what a satisfactory win, well done to the lads, and so on, it would be totally the opposite conversaion, we didn''t perform on the night did we?

Blackpool saturday, come on you yellas! And for those people who are (cough cough) Norwich fans, don''t post unneccessary comments, its ridicuous in my eyes along with many others, we love a bit of banter from other supporters but to get criticism from other fans of the same team, surely can not be right?

OTBC!

P.S I might have gone over the top with a few things I have mentioned but there we go, I am quite annoyed how our own fans can come on here and give us this rubbish about us and gettin on our backs, understandably frustraotions among the fans but we can''t go back now!

Quite miserable i say!

[/quote]

how much money did you spend on tickets and transport to the match last night?

if you went to your favourite restaurant and they served you a turd would you complain?

Depends.......the turd could be getting a new striker in soon, it''s only being served up in carling cup resturant, and it might need time to gel.......

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Despite old Smudy announcing on here a few times he loves Nottingham Forest.. yeh really NCFC through and through!

jas :)

[/quote]

You''ve met him then Jas and talked through with him his footballing allegiance have you?

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="Sammy Clingfilm"]

[/quote]

I am behind the team. I am behind the club. Hell, I''m even behind Roeder himself.
What I am NOT behind, is a board that has for too long neglected to invest in the team itself here at Norwich, and who are happy to sit back and harp on about ''risk'' and ''safe debt'', while we as loyal fans are forced to sit in the terraces and gaze upon the most dreadful shower of sh*te ever to grace our pitch. 4 seasons of this now we have had to endure. We want prgress, we want success, but we are realistic, none of this can be achieved without money. You know this. We know this. So why oh why when the 40th richest guy in Britian came knocking on our door, a lifelong Norwich fan who fitted all of Delia''s manic criteria, was he sent packing with his tail between his legs.

The cook has hung on for far too long, for the good of this CLUB she should stand aside.
[/quote]

Because he came flying in on the back of some intense media spin with no intention of offering Delia any money, thats why he was sent packing.

And it isnt 4 seasons of this!! Season 4 is one league game old.  I will also politely point out that money does not guarantee success.  All our side needs is a decent striker, who we have been told is definately coming.  Blackpool saturday will hopefully be the turning point.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"][quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="Sammy Clingfilm"]

[/quote]

I am behind the team. I am behind the club. Hell, I''m even behind Roeder himself.
What I am NOT behind, is a board that has for too long neglected to invest in the team itself here at Norwich, and who are happy to sit back and harp on about ''risk'' and ''safe debt'', while we as loyal fans are forced to sit in the terraces and gaze upon the most dreadful shower of sh*te ever to grace our pitch. 4 seasons of this now we have had to endure. We want prgress, we want success, but we are realistic, none of this can be achieved without money. You know this. We know this. So why oh why when the 40th richest guy in Britian came knocking on our door, a lifelong Norwich fan who fitted all of Delia''s manic criteria, was he sent packing with his tail between his legs.

The cook has hung on for far too long, for the good of this CLUB she should stand aside.
[/quote]

Because he came flying in on the back of some intense media spin with no intention of offering Delia any money, thats why he was sent packing.

And it isnt 4 seasons of this!! Season 4 is one league game old.  I will also politely point out that money does not guarantee success.  All our side needs is a decent striker, who we have been told is definately coming.  Blackpool saturday will hopefully be the turning point.

[/quote]We have been told players are coming in before and they haven''t arrived. I noticed Roeder didn''t mention the new striker in his post match interview last night, we desperately need someone here by Saturday and if he can''t get the one he wants he should be considering someone else. With Cardiff and Brum coming up Blackpool is a must win game if we aren''t to run the risk of having nil points from four games and it''s difficult to see us scoring without a physical presence up front.

Some of the posters on here need a cup of warm milk and a dummy.You are saying, as others have, that we should get behind the team and stop moaning.  AT THE GAMES I agree with you.This is a forum to debate our FEELINGS and POINT OF VIEW.Are you seriously saying nobody should criticise the club on this forum, because that is what this reads like?   Would you rather we had 400 posts last night saying ''it will all be ok'' instead?  How dull.This is a democracy where we can debate.  This forum is away from the ears of the players so DOES NOT EFFECT THEM.  It does allow the fans to DEBATE.Do you know how stupid you sound pleading for people not to post ''uneccessary comments'' - only unneccesary if they conflict with you inane ''get behind the team or you are not a fan'' arguement.If you dont want to debate or read count-views to your own then I suggest you start your own forum and moderate any post that is negative about the club.  How many people would join it do you think?Grow up and get some reality.  [quote user="Sammy Clingfilm"]

Ok, well to start off with, yes we should have won the game on paper tonight, we were very optimistic as we should, against a average MK Dons side. I had a thought in the back of my mind from past Cup embarressments that we would slip up and we did. We have not gone down, we have not been dumped out of a league. We are out of the cup, lets concentrate where we want to do well and where we can do well, in the league!These stupid posters come on here, who even support Norwich and criticise us. You are supposedly Norwich fans, you are expected to get behind the team, not get on their backs, yes we lost, come on, put this behind us and get behind the boys on saturday where they will try their upmost to a win under their belts and secure three points. I know why you are frustrated, i''am too but there is no need to have a go about it, can we do anything about it?If we won tonight we would be talking on a different subject, oh what a satisfactory win, well done to the lads, and so on, it would be totally the opposite conversaion, we didn''t perform on the night did we?Blackpool saturday, come on you yellas! And for those people who are (cough cough) Norwich fans, don''t post unneccessary comments, its ridicuous in my eyes along with many others, we love a bit of banter from other supporters but to get criticism from other fans of the same team, surely can not be right?OTBC!P.S I might have gone over the top with a few things I have mentioned but there we go, I am quite annoyed how our own fans can come on here and give us this rubbish about us and gettin on our backs, understandably frustraotions among the fans but we can''t go back now!

Quite miserable i say!

[/quote]

OTBC!

Quite miserable i say!

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more, anyone who slags off NCFC players who give 110% arn''t in it for the long run. Now what i get peed off about are the ones who support certain aspects of the club who are taking us backward with their spin and playground mentality year in and year out and the silly blinkered mugs that support them. I doubt they have any real loyalty to city and would happily support Norwich Utd if they went on to better things [Rather like the club that beat us lastnight!!]

Agree with your OP, sammy.

Good to see some stark contrast between this thread and the ''In Denial'' one thats lying around stewing in negative vibes somewhere...

Good on yer [Y]

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."][quote user="Sammy Clingfilm"]

OTBC!

Quite miserable i say!

[/quote]

if you went to your favourite restaurant and they served you a turd would you complain?

[/quote]

Any chance of a reply?

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."][quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."][quote user="Sammy Clingfilm"]

OTBC!

Quite miserable i say!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Any chance of a reply?

[/quote]

Probably not lol.