Sign in to follow this  
AndyJR

Your favourite Post/Pre match pub.........

Prior or after visiting the field of dreams that is Carrow Road, what''s your favorite pub for a beer or a bite to eat and why?For me it has to be the Murderers due to decent beer, plenty of screens and atmosphere or the Horse and Dray due to friendliness and Bitburger on tap.

Wig and Pen, great homemade pies and Bitburger on tap. They also do Bitburger Drive which was an almost acceptable alternative when I was pregnant.

I enjoy the Rosary, Jubilee is a surprisingly nice pub too...If I''m going with Neanderthals its usually Lloyds... [;)]

Coach & Horses is too packed and you can''t sit down! I like to discuss the current "sityooation " before the game and catch up with my mates - in the Coach it is so packed that you can''t have a conversation with anyone.

Often go to Ketts which has good beers/ciders but not Sky!!! Looking for an alternative venue this season preferably with Sky and somewherejust off Riverside Rd - have tried the pub on Bishops Bridge (can''t think of the name but it''s pretty good)

Post match I tend to go to the Wig & Pen on Palace Street as they have a happy hour between 5 and 6.

Red Lion or do you mean the other one next to Godfreys? (who''s name also escapes me!)

I have heard that the Ketts landlord has disappeared and the previous owner (Kevin) has taken charge again...might get sky back

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

Coach & Horses is too packed and you can''t sit down! I like to discuss the current "sityooation " before the game and catch up with my mates - in the Coach it is so packed that you can''t have a conversation with anyone.

Often go to Ketts which has good beers/ciders but not Sky!!! Looking for an alternative venue this season preferably with Sky and somewherejust off Riverside Rd - have tried the pub on Bishops Bridge (can''t think of the name but it''s pretty good)

Post match I tend to go to the Wig & Pen on Palace Street as they have a happy hour between 5 and 6.

[/quote]

Stevie, the pub on Bishop''s bridge is the Red Lion but I don''t think it has Sky. Opposite is the bridgehouse which does have Sky but looks slightly less than Salubrious. (i''ve never been in to be honest)

If you want a really good pub that does food, Sky, great beer and a convivial atmosphere to chat about the game I would heartily recommend the Horse and Dray on Ber street. I know it''s the other way but it''s great.

[quote user="Chrisr"][quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

[/quote]

Stevie, the pub on Bishop''s bridge is the Red Lion but I don''t think it has Sky. Opposite is the bridgehouse which does have Sky but looks slightly less than Salubrious. (i''ve never been in to be honest)

If you want a really good pub that does food, Sky, great beer and a convivial atmosphere to chat about the game I would heartily recommend the Horse and Dray on Ber street. I know it''s the other way but it''s great.

[/quote]

Red Lion - that''s the one!! Agreed regarding Bridgehouse. Thanks for the tip but everyone I meet comes from Thorpe, Thorpe Hamlet, "Silver Triangle" or upto Norwich by train so it has been in that kind of area.

Can''t stand the likes of The Queen of Iceni, Squares etc for Saturday games although I tend to go them for midweek games due to time constraints.

Perhaps the Ketts will get Sky in this year....

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"][quote user="Chrisr"][quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Red Lion - that''s the one!! Agreed regarding Bridgehouse. Thanks for the tip but everyone I meet comes from Thorpe, Thorpe Hamlet, "Silver Triangle" or upto Norwich by train so it has been in that kind of area.

Can''t stand the likes of The Queen of Iceni, Squares etc for Saturday games although I tend to go them for midweek games due to time constraints.

[/quote]

Lauren the barmaid is better than Sky anyway[;)]

[quote user="yellow blood"][quote user="Stevie Wonder"][quote user="Chrisr"][quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lauren the barmaid is better than Sky anyway[;)]

[/quote]Barmaid action is another reason for me liking the Murderers, not that type of action of course.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I enjoy the Rosary, Jubilee is a surprisingly nice pub too...

If I''m going with Neanderthals its usually Lloyds... [;)]
[/quote]

lmao I would love to see you tell the guys we go with they are neanderthals, could prove rather more amusing than anything else that goes on in Lloyds [:D]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I enjoy the Rosary, Jubilee is a surprisingly nice pub too...If I''m going with Neanderthals its usually Lloyds... [;)][/quote]

lmao I would love to see you tell the guys we go with they are neanderthals, could prove rather more amusing than anything else that goes on in Lloyds [:D]

[/quote]Problem with Llyods is on match day I really don''t want to wait 20 mins to get served!

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]Used to be the Coach & Horses but nowadays it just gets far too packed.  Mustard Pot is my new fave...nice selection of ales.[/quote]Changed hands quite a few times, good choice if you live out that way and walk past though!!!

If I''ve got time to spare, a few pints in the Castlegate''s never goes a miss. If I''m rushed or need a pint on the way to the ground from there, a quick pint in Nor Blue never goes amiss. It''s not ridiculously rammed (well, compared to Lloyds/Iceni/Whatever it''s called now!)

Usually go to Squares as one of my mates who I go with brings his little girl with him. We used to go to Brannigan''s regularly (they used to have a no kids rule) before it shut and became some other eating establishment [:(] but we''ve been known to use the Rosary, Bridge House and one or two other places once or twice [;)]

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]Usually go to Squares as one of my mates who I go with brings his little girl with him. We used to go to Brannigan''s regularly (they used to have a no kids rule) before it shut and became some other eating establishment [:(] but we''ve been known to use the Rosary, Bridge House and one or two other places once or twice [;)][/quote]Strangely never been in the Bridge house, walked past loads but never been in!!

Use to go in Brannigans, or Murderers, but now go straight to the club for about 2ish as the beer is still £3-a-pint or same for bottled beer! which can be cheaper than some pubs!!

Got to be Lloyds or whatever it is called nowadays, something about Boudicea isn''t it? I would venture to the others pubs, but it just makes sense for me off the train to go there on the way to the ground! And being a Wetherspoons it''s cheap beer, which can not be frowned upon!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I enjoy the Rosary, Jubilee is a surprisingly nice pub too...If I''m going with Neanderthals its usually Lloyds... [;)][/quote]

lmao I would love to see you tell the guys we go with they are

neanderthals, could prove rather more amusing than anything else that

goes on in Lloyds [:D]

[/quote]

Sounds like you''ve just proven my point, WAY [;)]