Sign in to follow this  
Disco Dale

The Doncaster report

Not long now until the transfer window closes and we get the Doncaster lowdown on who we nearly signed , how hard it is to get players these days and how high and mighty Norwich city took a stand against greedy players.Its gets more boring and pathetic every year.

[quote user="Disco Dale"]Not long now until the transfer window closes and we get the Doncaster lowdown on who we nearly signed , how hard it is to get players these days and how high and mighty Norwich city took a stand against greedy players.Its gets more boring and pathetic every year.[/quote]yeah, and he''ll point to watford as an example of spending nowt and going up - while ignoring the teams who also spent nowt and went down./,

I get totally fed up with the PR telling us everythings wonderful and how we play a flowing passing game (when we havent for years)etc and some people take it all in!

Good point Disco.

Someone needs to put a gag on Doncaster. he must be Gordon Brown''s image consultant; his last pre-season effort killed us all.

Zip it Donc!

I admire some of the things he has acheived, but he can do one with his patronising chat. There better be a big one in the bag somewhere in the line. The trouble is, if GR comes out and says that the players he has got are the ones he wanted and that he wanted to spend so little, I won''t believe him. I know GR wants to mould his own team and likes doing this with cheaper young players, but I''m sue that he would have wanted some more expensive players.

I also cant believe the way he just fobs off the fans.Like when we sell a player for serious money like Ashton, Earnie etc and the fans logically think we have some money to spend Doncaster then announces that because we have lost TV money which was blah blah,had a stand built which cost blah blah add on the debt blah blah we actually 2 million worse off!What an insult to the intelligence of  the 25000 loyal fans who are virtually garanteed every home game.I have had a few beers and may be ranting but the bloke winds me up and city fans deserve better. 

doomcaster is a 7letter 4letter in my opionion.does anyone remember his explanation of why he''s earnt over 100k per year when the figures were made public??!he was a lawyer before football, AAND he hung up on me once. two good reasons to have a slight anger towards him if ever anyone had any.

Doncaster is only in it for himself.Why do you think he is always against investment ,takeovers etc because he knows he would be the first one out the door.He is not bothered about Norwich being in the premiership , he just loves the prestige of being a chief exetutive of a well respected club which is proven by his desire to be part of the FA.Reminds me of a another pompus t*** called sheepshanks. 

[quote user="Disco Dale"]

Doncaster is only in it for himself.Why do you think he is always against investment ,takeovers etc because he knows he would be the first one out the door.He is not bothered about Norwich being in the premiership , he just loves the prestige of being a chief exetutive of a well respected club which is proven by his desire to be part of the FA.Reminds me of a another pompus t*** called sheepshanks. 

[/quote]

CLANG!! That''s the sound of you hitting the nail on the head with this post. Well said mate.

he just loves the prestige of being a chief exetutive of a well respected club - Disco Dale

He''s a well respected man about town doing the best things so conservatively!  The Kinks         

(while his father pulls the maid, he adores the girl next door, cause he''s dying to get at her)  ha ha ha

Ummmmm, I''ll guess it was Captain Peacock in the dining room with the wrench, then.  Not enough clues to take a serious guess at what you''re suggesting, though.

sincerely, Col. Mustard

[quote user="Seat0123"]doomcaster is a 7letter 4letter in my opionion.

does anyone remember his explanation of why he''s earnt over 100k per year when the figures were made public??!

he was a lawyer before football, AAND he hung up on me once. two good reasons to have a slight anger towards him if ever anyone had any.
[/quote]

Thats what they earn .

Excuse me for butting in, but what has he recently said? I don''t pretend to even respect or have much time for the guy, but surely we have to have something he''s recently said before we can offer a constructive argument for or against?

Its easy to predict what he is going to say because it will be the same lame excuses as it is every year, we cant afford the wages,players dont want to live here,the agents are evil ,our academy is useless because of the catchment area rules zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

That''s fine, Disco, but why not wait until his thoughts are in print - then we can happily dissect them and argue against each one.

I repeat, I am far from being his biggest fan, but at least let''s wait until he''s uttered something.

Fair point Gazza , its the frustration coming out at how the fans are treated as suckers and expected to take all that bs.

Disco Dale wrote the following post at 02/08/2008 9:51 AM:

Fair point Gazza , its the frustration coming out at how the fans are treated as suckers and expected to take all that bs.

Didnt he also promise to publish some figures regarding finances and transfers last season unless I missed it we are still waiting but there again we are only loyal fans.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Personally, I believe he is heart and soul NCFC and a nice guy.............I just don''t want one of his pre-season analysis, please![/quote]

Thats what I sort of agree with, all this talk on his wages is pants, that is a usual wages and he would earn a lot more as a solicitor, I just don''t like some of the chit chat he offers, but I feel he is good for this club.

The figures will be published when the Callum thing dies down.Because normally figures come out when he is trying to prove the club is skint but if he produced them now showing big losses (by clever spin)with Callum waiting in the wings with 20 million it would crank up the pressure big time.

does anyone remember his explanation of why he''s earnt over 100k per year when the figures were made public??!

he was a lawyer before football, AAND he hung up on me once. two good reasons to have a slight anger towards him if ever anyone had any.
[/quote]

Totally agree! In what other line of business would a Chief Exec perfrom so poorly, be so unpopular and make such little profit and still be over 100K a year and STILL have a job!

[quote user="londoncanary"]

[/quote]

Totally agree! In what other line of business would a Chief Exec perfrom so poorly, be so unpopular and make such little profit and still be over 100K a year and STILL have a job!

[/quote]

Most local authorities in Britain I would say.

Glenn is probably happy with the squad he''s got. After all the manager reflects the attributes of the signings /squad and vice-versa.

1 Available

2 Cheaper than many in the market-place

3 Promised but hasn''t achieved much

4 Been released time and time again

5 Been out of work for some time

6 Well -paid but probably over paid

7 Not overtly ambitious

8 Latent talent (too latent)

[quote user="Danny G"]

[/quote]

Thats what they earn .

[/quote]

What is meant by "Lawyer" ? Do you mean a barrister or simply a solicitor. If the latter, then are we talking a big city, corporate solicitor or a Norfolk house conveyancing nobody ? I know some solicitors (and accountants) and I have to say they have as much drive and dynamism as a geriatric tortoise and b_gger all personality but, of course, they are defined as "professionals" so we must all bow and scrape. Also, I have probably got this wrong, so apologies if I have, but isn''t Mr Downcaster a Hull supporter ? This is in response to the poster on this thread who said that he is "Norwich through and through".

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="londoncanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Most local authorities in Britain I would say.

[/quote]

Nope, apparently all of the chief exec''s in the local councils make well in excess of £100k per year...

I am not going to give an opinion on lawyers except to say they all earn far too much money and it''s their PAs or the juniors who do all the work.

No, Doncaster doesn''t support anyone, least of all us, he''s an employee of the club. It''s Munby who supports Hull. I don''t know who Doncaster gave that particular impression to, but if you quiz him, he only realised we existed on his appointment here. He has said as much to me in person.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]I am not going to give an opinion on lawyers except to say they all earn far too much money and it''s their PAs or the juniors who do all the work. No, Doncaster doesn''t support anyone, least of all us, he''s an employee of the club. It''s Munby who supports Hull. I don''t know who Doncaster gave that particular impression to, but if you quiz him, he only realised we existed on his appointment here. He has said as much to me in person.[/quote]

Ha ha, I knew I couldn''t trust my shot memory. Thanks for putting me right and somehow what you say in your last couple of sentences does ring true !