Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

sorry not convinced

We get thrashed by Prem opposition and draw with a team in the division below us. We spend virtually nothing having signed players without much competition. The fans get optimistic..they want to see the best...but I just see a team who will struggle next week. We are leaking goals (once again) and struggling to score with our strikers. Our attacking option went from Deano- Earny- Cureton - Lupoli...who has never done anything of note. sorry but I am now predicting a bottom ten finish unless three MAJOR singins arrrive.

I will take the inevitable flack coming my way...but when a manager starts saying a midfielder might do ok in attack and you know the real score. We are struggling to keep up with the standard set by this league. Rusty did ok- but to try and use his one game luck as justification for our lack of attacking players is cheap.

I am not convinced either.  I want to be, I really do.  But we have not got close to a starting 11 who have played together.  Half our team is loanees of mixed commitment.  We have literally nothing up front. We have spent bugger all and it looks like it.  We dont have time to bed people in or find the best eleven as next week is kick off.

[quote user="vicar in green and yellow"]

We get thrashed by Prem opposition and draw with a team in the division below us. We spend virtually nothing having signed players without much competition. The fans get optimistic..they want to see the best...but I just see a team who will struggle next week. We are leaking goals (once again) and struggling to score with our strikers. Our attacking option went from Deano- Earny- Cureton - Lupoli...who has never done anything of note. sorry but I am now predicting a bottom ten finish unless three MAJOR singins arrrive.

I will take the inevitable flack coming my way...but when a manager starts saying a midfielder might do ok in attack and you know the real score. We are struggling to keep up with the standard set by this league. Rusty did ok- but to try and use his one game luck as justification for our lack of attacking players is cheap.

[/quote]

The vicar bloke said"sorry but I am now predicting a bottom ten finish unless three MAJOR singins arrrive" ,well a choir may help you raise your game on Sundays but we need strikers not singers.[;)]

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]The vicar bloke said"sorry but I am now predicting a bottom ten finish unless three MAJOR singins arrrive" ,well a choir may help you raise your game on Sundays but we need strikers not singers.[;)][/quote]

Nice one Inchy !

We also need deeds not sermons, we have had two managers in a row that have preached but not delivered whilst our prayers remain unanswered.

To be honest I''m not convinced either, but the season is yet to begin.

I share your opinion that we look extremely shaky but the whole team has been revamped, and I''m pretty sure it''s not complete yet. Fingers crossed Glen will sort it.

These friendlies are meant to be a fitness exercise but we even look to be well off the pace fitness wise, I don''t think we have had enough competetive matches this year, we''d have done better to have played a couple of games against League 1 or Scots prem teams followed by a game against one of the lesser prem teams like Fulham or Wigan.

We don''t look anywhere near ready for the kick off and even if we do get a target man and some other signings this week we will have a starting eleven at Coventry that hardly know each other which hardly bodes well for the coming weeks. GR has done well to bring in so many players at reasonable cost but as usual when figures of 1.5-2 million get mentioned for decent strikers like Hulse and Mifsud we seem to disappear from the scene and I fear this is going to cost us yet again.

and nor were Hull and Stoke supporters this time last year. Abwarten und Tee trinken !

It''s definitely work in progress.... Shackell at left back and Russell up front! Though they both did pretty well, particularly Russell. We''re short of cover for left back, centre half and striker. I''m still not convinced about Fozzy - Clingan looks better in all respects. Kennedy looked good, and he and Stefanovic should be solid. Marshall.... well, I wonder if this Hungarian is coming, because if he is that means that Marshall''s on his way and I won''t be too sorry about that. But basically, it was a scratch team yesterday, with 6 new players in. You''ve got to give them some time to gel, though there isn''t much left now.

[quote user="5-4-1"]and nor were Hull and Stoke supporters this time last year. Abwarten und Tee trinken ![/quote]

Yes because our squad is as good as Hull''s and Stoke''s last year wasn''t it.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]The vicar bloke said"sorry but I am now predicting a bottom ten finish unless three MAJOR singins arrrive" ,well a choir may help you raise your game on Sundays but we need strikers not singers.[;)][/quote]

Yep...psalm mothers do ''ave ''em.......

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="IncH_HigH"]The vicar bloke said"sorry but I am now predicting a bottom ten finish unless three MAJOR singins arrrive" ,well a choir may help you raise your game on Sundays but we need strikers not singers.[;)][/quote]Yep...psalm mothers do ''ave ''em.......[/quote]Oh ye of little faith.........Mocking bird.......

I have faith in this team Glenn is building but it will take time for the team to gel. I thought Russell done well yesterday and also i think Clingan will turn out to be a very good player as the season go''s on. I do have concerns about our forward line but i think Glenn will sort it out in due course and once he has all the players in and they are all fit, We will have a good squad.

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

Nice one Inchy !

We also need deeds not sermons, we have had two managers in a row that have preached but not delivered whilst our prayers remain unanswered.

[/quote]

Jim, that''s because God is a woman...

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="IncH_HigH"]The vicar bloke said"sorry but I am now predicting a bottom ten finish unless three MAJOR singins arrrive" ,well a choir may help you raise your game on Sundays but we need strikers not singers.[;)][/quote]Yep...psalm mothers do ''ave ''em.......[/quote]Oh ye of little faith.........Mocking bird.......[/quote]

Are you deliberately trying to make me cross?

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="IncH_HigH"]The vicar bloke said"sorry but I am now predicting a bottom ten finish unless three MAJOR singins arrrive" ,well a choir may help you raise your game on Sundays but we need strikers not singers.[;)][/quote]Yep...psalm mothers do ''ave ''em.......[/quote]Oh ye of little faith.........Mocking bird.......[/quote]Are you deliberately trying to make me cross?[/quote]Sorry mister, aisle altar me ways!

I''m not convinced that a team that''s built round mostly young unproven borrowed players from other clubs, out of contract frees and players costing less than an average family car can give the fans the success they deserve......but I would love to be proven wrong. Lets judge if Roeder & the board have got it right after 10 games.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

I think we will stay clear of the

relegation battle this but I don''t think we will get very close to a

realistic attempt at sixth.  So, I would not go as far to say

that I was worried but truth be told I am underwhelmed by the

signings so far and the performances in pre-season.Some of

the signings look "decent" but I doubt very few of the

players we have added will make over clubs sit up and take note. 

Most of them would have gone under the radar as it seems we have had

little competition in signing these but for a couple.  Is that

to say they are bad signings?  Not at all but a "name"

up front would have been nice to get the supporters and players

excited.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="IncH_HigH"]The vicar bloke said"sorry but I am now predicting a bottom ten finish unless three MAJOR singins arrrive" ,well a choir may help you raise your game on Sundays but we need strikers not singers.[;)][/quote]Yep...psalm mothers do ''ave ''em.......[/quote]Oh ye of little faith.........Mocking bird.......[/quote]Are you deliberately trying to make me cross?[/quote]Sorry mister, aisle altar me ways![/quote]

Amen to that then.........[:)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="IncH_HigH"]The vicar bloke said"sorry but I am now predicting a bottom ten finish unless three MAJOR singins arrrive" ,well a choir may help you raise your game on Sundays but we need strikers not singers.[;)][/quote]Yep...psalm mothers do ''ave ''em.......[/quote]Oh ye of little faith.........Mocking bird.......[/quote]Are you deliberately trying to make me cross?[/quote]Sorry mister, aisle altar me ways![/quote]

Hope you don''t mind, but we''ll probably start the season without your direct approval... thanks for you comments anyway!

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

[/quote]Was that joke really worth its trinity of appearances?  I guess we''ll all have to genuflect on that.

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

[/quote]

Was that joke really worth its trinity of appearances?  I guess we''ll all have to genuflect on that.
[/quote]

Impressive 7rew.... [:)]

I mitre-s well give up now.

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="7rew"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

[/quote]

Was that joke really worth its trinity of appearances?  I guess we''ll all have to genuflect on that.
[/quote]

Impressive 7rew.... [:)]

I mitre-s well give up now.

[/quote]

I do feel you are verger-ing on the edge with your deacon and diving you don''t seem to have any FrONT , I do feel that if you had any in -vestry in our poor club we would all listen to you , In fact you could say we are as poor as a church mouse, we are such porch old boys . Now you just try to knave me a club as good as ours . I know you will all get on to me and I will end up no more than pulpit but I think there is a lesson for us all . Pew this has been hard work ....arrdee

[quote user="arrdee"]

I do feel you are verger-ing on the edge with your deacon and diving you don''t seem to have any FrONT , I do feel that if you had any in -vestry in our poor club we would all listen to you , In fact you could say we are as poor as a church mouse, we are such porch old boys . Now you just try to knave me a club as good as ours . I know you will all get on to me and I will end up no more than pulpit but I think there is a lesson for us all . Pew this has been hard work ....arrdee

[/quote]

I just knew you would be in-spire-d to join in this little repartee Ray !

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"][quote user="arrdee"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I do think its time that all City fans took up the chalice and you can wine about the outcome, now does that ring any bells with you ?....arrdee

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="Gorleston Jim"][quote user="arrdee"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I do think its time that all City fans took up the chalice and you can wine about the outcome, now does that ring any bells with you ?....arrdee

[/quote]

A bit of an epiphany moment there arrdee? Don''t let it become a habit.....

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="Gorleston Jim"][quote user="arrdee"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If I could just say I would never dream of resorting to a Cannon to get my views across ....arrdee