Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

CALLING ALL BARCLAY CHOIRBOYS (AND GIRLS)

If you can''t make a decent song up using the name Omar Krumar, OJ or even Gambia you might as well give up.

God! I hope he turns out to be good, this could be the best chant since Safri!

Boom boom boom, let me hear you say OJ !

OJ !!

(Repeat)

Or ..

Koroma wohoa, Koroma wohoa

He comes from Gambia

He''s fast and he''ll skin ya!

Koroma wohoaa .....

[quote user="ForeverYellow"]

OJ !!

(Repeat)

Or ..

He comes from Gambia

Koroma wohoaa .....

[/quote]

Both of these are excellent

Una paloma blancaOmar Koroma ........Well - at least that''s a song the scum can use if he turns out to be a bit if a hit....

YankeeCanary wrote

How about:

OJ....OJ....put ''em away

I''ve been waiting for that to happen for years.

How about OJ.....OJ.....too famous to get put away?

[quote user="canarytom"][quote user="ForeverYellow"]

OJ !!

(Repeat)

Or ..

He comes from Gambia

Koroma wohoaa .....

[/quote]

Both of these are excellent

[/quote]

Boom boom sounds great. I shall try and get that in with some of pals in the Barclay. Top tune.

I''m not in the habit of starting threads on message boards - let alone football chants, however an opportunity has presented itself to me that can not be passed up.

If our recent loan signing Omar Koroma turns out to be any good and therefore worthy of a song, may I humbly suggest that ''My Sharona'' would be an obvious basis for it.  Catchy, concise, easy to sing, and erm, it rhymes with Koroma!

If someone has already suggested this then:  DAMN!

Stick out tongue [:P]

[quote user="fleckmatic"]from wrath: My Sharona .... OJ Koroma
[/quote]

And if that doesn''t work how about Cromer gem of the Norfolk coast ?....arrdee.

You''re right Arrdee; North Norfolk has spawned a few top player names: Sheringham, Beckham, Walcott and like Salhouse we have had a few players in recent times who we have called something ending in ''house.''

Now Arturo Cromer.

Thanks for pointing this out you Ald-bugger (which is a place in Norfolk with a cricket pitch in the middle next to Thurgarton) so do feel included too!

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

You''re right Arrdee; North Norfolk has spawned a few top player names: Sheringham, Beckham, Walcott and like Salhouse we have had a few players in recent times who we have called something ending in ''house.''

Now Arturo Cromer.

Thanks for pointing this out you Ald-bugger (which is a place in Norfolk with a cricket pitch in the middle next to Thurgarton) so do feel included too!

[/quote]

Yes Rude old , you lovely old boy done that, Yes , Yes , many times . You wont believe how many runs I have been responsible for and scored and indeed sparked off , I think you only have to look at my performances on this lovely old green and indeed in the off season when I would came into my own , Its still talked about.[Y]....arrdee

I sne this to the "new chants" section of the message board a couple of days ago.  Apparently, this is where new chants are discussed, not there.  So here goes, to the tune of Una Paloma Blanca

Omar Koroma score-ah

He''s put the ball in the net

Omar Koroma score-ah

And he''s not done scoring yet

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Now Arturo Cromer.

[/quote]

Yes Rude old , you lovely old boy done that, Yes , Yes , many times . You wont believe how many runs I have been responsible for and scored and indeed sparked off , I think you only have to look at my performances on this lovely old green and indeed in the off season when I would came into my own , Its still talked about.[Y]....arrdee

[/quote]

And if I could just announce the amount of the time I spent in the crease ,  I always felt this was wonderful , I always took it leisurely , I never was one of those flash bang wallop sort of guys . When I became entrenched in the crease it took a lot of time getting me out , I think a lot of my team mates wanted me to get out but I never would until I was satisfied with what I had done , the amount of runs I caused by being in the crease was astronomical .[;)]....arrdee.

Arrdee wrote

And if I could just announce the amount of the time I spent in the crease ,  I always felt this was wonderful , I always took it leisurely , I never was one of those flash bang wallop sort of guys . When I became entrenched in the crease it took a lot of time getting me out , I think a lot of my team mates wanted me to get out but I never would until I was satisfied with what I had done , the amount of runs I caused by being in the crease was astronomical .[;)]....arrdee.

I hope I''ve got this wrong Arrdee but reading the above it appears you may have been batting for the other side all these years!

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Arrdee wrote

I hope I''ve got this wrong Arrdee but reading the above it appears you may have been batting for the other side all these years!

[/quote]

Now rude old , I always put my side first, just because I stone walled a lot of people wanted me out , they said I wasn''t entertaining enough but what they forgot was I had closed one end which allowed my partners to give it the long handle at their end , I would never strike out until I had run out of partners , I often carried my bat for the entire innings only scoring about 20 runs but the amount of runs I was responsible for was tremendous , of course I would never bat for the opposition thats silly , don''t you know the rules of rounders ? [;)]....arrdee.

He came to us when he was teen,

OJ! OJ!

He''s playings for us it was his dream,

OJ! OJ!

He hates the blues, he hates the U''s,

He''ll score past them, he''ll score past you,

Who needs torres we''ve got OJ Koromo

(sung to the tune of Torres, Torres)

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Arrdee wrote

[/quote]

Now rude old , I always put my side first, just because I stone walled a lot of people wanted me out , they said I wasn''t entertaining enough but what they forgot was I had closed one end which allowed my partners to give it the long handle at their end , I would never strike out until I had run out of partners , I often carried my bat for the entire innings only scoring about 20 runs but the amount of runs I was responsible for was tremendous , of course I would never bat for the opposition thats silly , don''t you know the rules of rounders ? [;)]....arrdee.

[/quote]

Now Rude old , I did say "I often carried my bat for the entire innings " this was only because Ruth refused to come out and carry it for me , I have never met anyone so obstinate in all my life , what happened to all that honour and obey business ? [:D]....arrdee.

You sound like a stoic forward defensive type Arrdee so little room in your repotoire for an expansive pull stroke I assume.

I see you as something of a prodder and a nudger for singles whichever side you happened to bat for.

Poor Ruth....she probably doesn''t know which way to turn!