over and over.  Thanks for the stats as well though, makes me a

lot more optomistic about Iversson if this rumour is true.  I

guess its kinda like when Neilsen left us cos his wife got a top job or

something, but for once working for us!

Incidentally, I reckon you should have got the council to put one of

those elephants in your pub, then it would have been a great excuse to

visit on Saturday instead of trudging around branches of Norwich and

Peterborough.....

Iverson - cheap option????  The guys wages must be well over Glens alleged 8k cap so he would not be cheap and he''s playing for a team hitting the fringe of the Champions league.If we got him in I for one would be very pleased.

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]Another cheap option , Bristol City splash out £2 million on a striker Forest splash out nearly £4million on two strikers , we get some old has been and a kiddie on loan , and the sad thing is most will still say they are happy .In a word its pathetic we would struggle to compete in the transfer market in League 1 .[/quote]

Only working for us if we are the Championship club in question of course....[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Well said Fat Barman, its the same usual nonsense from the same people

over and over.  Thanks for the stats as well though, makes me a

lot more optomistic about Iversson if this rumour is true.  I

guess its kinda like when Neilsen left us cos his wife got a top job or

something, but for once working for us!

Incidentally, I reckon you should have got the council to put one of

those elephants in your pub, then it would have been a great excuse to

visit on Saturday instead of trudging around branches of Norwich and

Peterborough.....

[/quote]

[quote]I guess its kinda like when Neilsen left us cos his wife got a top job or something, but for once working for us![/quote]

That one worked for us too - Neilsen only ever scores on loan.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]I guess its kinda like when Neilsen left us cos his wife got a top job or something, but for once working for us![/quote]

That one worked for us too - Neilsen only ever scores on loan.

[/quote]

And we got Huckerby and Crouch as his replacement! [:D]

You know what I meant, though...

[quote]And we got Huckerby and Crouch as his replacement! Big Smile [:D]

You know what I meant, though...[/quote]

Ah yes, but you know that what I meant was right [;)]

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]Another cheap option , Bristol City splash out £2 million on a striker Forest splash out nearly £4million on two strikers , we get some old has been and a kiddie on loan , and the sad thing is most will still say they are happy .In a word its pathetic we would struggle to compete in the transfer market in League 1 .
[/quote]

So who would you want bring in?  [:|]

[quote]So who would you want bring in?[/quote]

My dear WeAreYellows, the purpose of rent-a-rants like Dictator Smith is not to provide any meaningful alternatives, merely to moan about their lot.  It''s called "Fan Pressha", don''t you know.

[quote user="JC"]Iverson - cheap option????  The guys wages must be well over Glens alleged 8k cap so he would not be cheap and he''s playing for a team hitting the fringe of the Champions league.If we got him in I for one would be very pleased.

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]Another cheap option , Bristol City splash out £2 million on a striker Forest splash out nearly £4million on two strikers , we get some old has been and a kiddie on loan , and the sad thing is most will still say they are happy .In a word its pathetic we would struggle to compete in the transfer market in League 1 .[/quote][/quote]Didn''t you hear? Wages don''t count - anyone on a bosman is shit and anyone who has a 7 figure fee is a footballing god.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

My dear WeAreYellows, the purpose of rent-a-rants like Dictator Smith is not to provide any meaningful alternatives, merely to moan about their lot.  It''s called "Fan Pressha", don''t you know.

[/quote]

They''re the silent majority Blah, what I don''t understand is why they''re so bloody loud [:#][;)]

Well lets start with some we have been linked with , Ameobi ,Rasiak ,Rigters, then theres Nugent probably available for around £3 million (Town being linked again today )  Carrol at Newcastle theres plenty of people out there if only you can spend some of that lovely old investment Delia has got her hands on ,Alas Norwich dont have a penny and Delia lies out of her backside thats why the most Roeder has paid out is a pathetic £400,000 on a superstar from Luton .As for you Blah i remember you were Nigels champion and the Worthy outers were never going to get him out were they , are you ever right about anything ?

Iversen have a litle under 1 mill pound in vage for Rosenborg, so afrid this is money for nothing.

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]Well lets start with some we have been linked with , Ameobi ,Rasiak ,Rigters, then theres Nugent probably available for around £3 million (Town being linked again today )  Carrol at Newcastle theres plenty of people out there if only you can spend some of that lovely old investment Delia has got her hands on ,Alas Norwich dont have a penny and Delia lies out of her backside thats why the most Roeder has paid out is a pathetic £400,000 on a superstar from Luton .
As for you Blah i remember you were Nigels champion and the Worthy outers were never going to get him out were they , are you ever right about anything ?
[/quote]

For what it''s worth I think he''s right about you. [:)]

If we end up with a decent striker that can hold play up (for which, I think Iverson would be a good bet - and not at all the cheap option imo), I think that Roeder will have done a good job of getting in decent (for this level) cover in most positions. Of course we can''t tell for sure until the season starts but, equally, I remember Leicester and Mandaric being touted as the model ambitious club that was getting all the players we should have been in for at exactly this point last year ... so you can''t tell either way but I am quietly pleased with the replacements Roeder has brought in. Just because he hasn''t spent money like an idiot doesn''t mean he hasn''t played the transfer scene shrewdly. Would you be happier with Hoolahan if he''d cost us £2 million?  

According to norvegian newspaper Dagbladet, Steffen Iversen makes

700.000 pound a year, with the possibility of another 60% in bonuses if

he does well.

Since Rosenborg recently sold striker Yssouf Kone, they currently have

only one striker, young Jo Sondre Aas, to cover for him, so certainly

they cant sell without first buying, possibly.

Kenny Cooper was reported to be their first choice, but FC Dallas have stated they are not selling him.Ivers was linked with a move to Lazio in january, with a transfer fee of 1,1mill pound according to speculation in the papers. Rosenborg has stated several times  they will not let him go cheaply, and I think they are unlikely to let him leave for less than 1,5 mill.Therefore, in my opinion, Ivers is unlikely to become a Norwich player, if it Norwich who is after him.I would however like to be wrong, Ivers has been a quality striker who have scored great goals for years now. For us norwegian footballfans his header against Spain in EM 2000 is a classic.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVA5M366Jhs

[quote user="if I promise to behave"]Try Steffen Iversen. He''s in Wikipedia spelt like that![/quote]

Cheers both, I tried about 5 different spellings!

[quote user="Ole Christian"]According to norvegian newspaper Dagbladet, Steffen Iversen makes

700.000 pound a year, with the possibility of another 60% in bonuses if

he does well.

Since Rosenborg recently sold striker Yssouf Kone, they currently have

only one striker, young Jo Sondre Aas, to cover for him, so certainly

they cant sell without first buying, possibly.

Kenny Cooper was reported to be their first choice, but FC Dallas have stated they are not selling him.Ivers was linked with a move to Lazio in january, with a transfer fee of 1,1mill pound according to speculation in the papers. Rosenborg has stated several times  they will not let him go cheaply, and I think they are unlikely to let him leave for less than 1,5 mill.Therefore, in my opinion, Ivers is unlikely to become a Norwich player, if it Norwich who is after him.I would however like to be wrong, Ivers has been a quality striker who have scored great goals for years now. For us norwegian footballfans his header against Spain in EM 2000 is a classic.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVA5M366Jhs[/quote]how much???thats city outa the running...we can''t afford the fee or his contract,,,will rosenburgs loan him out??? we could maybe fund that???