Sign in to follow this  
jordimurrell

who is that mr. carrow?

at games i have heard annoucements like :- ''mr carrow is in the barclay, thats mr carrow is in the barclay?'' and ''mr carrow has now leaft the barclay thats mr carrow has left the barclay!''

anyone know who he is or what is the perpose of this?

[quote user="jordimurrell"]

at games i have heard annoucements like :- ''mr carrow is in the barclay, thats mr carrow is in the barclay?'' and ''mr carrow has now leaft the barclay thats mr carrow has left the barclay!''

[/quote]

An extremely popular person judging by the roar that follows after an announcement he''s not in your stand.

Its the dissenting Pinkun poster Mr Carrow.  The club are keeping tabs on him because of his in-depth knowledge of their finances and his outspoken views on the board.  Whenever they spot him, they announce it to security then they take him outside for a good kicking....Or something like that...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Its the dissenting Pinkun poster Mr Carrow.  The club are keeping tabs on him because of his in-depth knowledge of their finances and his outspoken views on the board.  Whenever they spot him, they announce it to security then they take him outside for a good kicking....

Or something like that...
[/quote]

But they haven`t caught me yet, haha!  You should see my wardrobe full of fake noses/beards/bushy eyebrows etc........[:D]

One Mr Carrow.. theres only one mr Carrow!

I can remember during the dark days the Barclay chanting "Delia Delia sign him up!" LOL!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

One Mr Carrow.. theres only one mr Carrow!

I can remember during the dark days the Barclay chanting "Delia Delia sign him up!" LOL!

jas :)

[/quote]

Any season in the last 4 then?

[:p]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Its the dissenting Pinkun poster Mr Carrow.  The club are keeping tabs on him because of his in-depth knowledge of their finances and his outspoken views on the board.  Whenever they spot him, they announce it to security then they take him outside for a good kicking....

[/quote]

But they haven`t caught me yet, haha!  You should see my wardrobe full of fake noses/beards/bushy eyebrows etc........[:D]

[/quote]

....so it resembles your rhetoric.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Says someone who lives thousands of miles away, doesn`t have the accounts, and thinks he knows the ins and outs of what goes on at the club by what is posted on the internet......[8-)]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Says someone who lives thousands of miles away, doesn`t have the accounts, and thinks he knows the ins and outs of what goes on at the club by what is posted on the internet......[8-)]

[/quote]

I''m not trying to judge the club as much as I am your incessant criticism of it. As I''ve said to others, we all feel like complaining SOMETIMES, but ALL THE TIME begs a question or two.

YC, please read my last post on the "Re: Cullum, lets not forget..." thread.  Am i really criticising all the time?

Mr Carrow at the Brighton fiasco a few seasons ago in the cup, snowing and the floodlights went out, due to it being dark Mr. Carrow got about pretty quickly. Im pretty sure they have stopped using his name though. Havent heared it in ages

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]YC, please read my last post on the "Re: Cullum, lets not forget..." thread.  Am i really criticising all the time?[/quote]

I had missed that one Mr. Carrow and I am pleased you both wrote it and pointed it out to me. Now, if you can try a little harder to insert a few more of these types of posts once in a while then it will go a long way toward influencing me and others that you do not deserve to be perceived as being in the same category as Cluck, whose raison d''etre is to spread poison against the club.

[quote user="jordimurrell"]

[/quote]

Have you looked him up on your football manager computer game? LOL

Its for stewards attention.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

LMAO superb

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

LMAO superb

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]YC, please read my last post on the "Re: Cullum, lets not forget..." thread.  Am i really criticising all the time?[/quote]

I had missed that one Mr. Carrow and I am pleased you both wrote it and pointed it out to me. Now, if you can try a little harder to insert a few more of these types of posts once in a while then it will go a long way toward influencing me and others that you do not deserve to be perceived as being in the same category as Cluck, whose raison d''etre is to spread poison against the club.

[/quote]

Again this comes down to the idea that having issues with the policies pursued by a clubs owners does not make you anti-club.

If our friend Cams` club were taken over by people who, over a period of years sold off any decent players to build stands and speculate on property and the team were in serious decline, would you accuse him of being "anti-Colchester" if he was seriously unhappy about it?  I know it`s not as simple as that, but i strongly believe supporters have a right and a duty to question and scrutinise the clubs owners and their policies and decisions.  If it wasn`t for supporters saying "enough is enough" Chase would still be in charge.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

Again this comes down to the idea that having issues with the policies pursued by a clubs owners does not make you anti-club.

If our friend Cams` club were taken over by people who, over a period of years sold off any decent players to build stands and speculate on property and the team were in serious decline, would you accuse him of being "anti-Colchester" if he was seriously unhappy about it?  I know it`s not as simple as that, but i strongly believe supporters have a right and a duty to question and scrutinise the clubs owners and their policies and decisions.  If it wasn`t for supporters saying "enough is enough" Chase would still be in charge.

[/quote]

Mr. Carrow, I support your right and duty to question and scrutinise the clubs owners over their policies and decisions. What I take issue with is how so few are willing to look at those decisions within the context of how things have changed for clubs like Norwich City since the success on the pitch in the the late 80''s and early 90''s. The balancing act between success and significant failure is now like a high wire act without a safety net. Last season we had a few on here in the early season asking why we could not do it "the Watford way." A few seasons back it was the Charlton model we were supposed to emulate. I would like to have a pint with Aidy Boothroyd a couple of years down the line when he''s had a little time to reflect and see how he compares the way Norwich and Watford were run. Why don''t you give us some perspective on the Watford situation. It sounds like they ( and possibly Southampton too ) are ready to implode. I''m a curious observer as to how things will look at Derby in a couple of years time. And I''ll bet Mr. Mandaric is none too pleased at the visits to Crewe, Cheltenham and Hartlepool during the coming capaign. Yes, I know, we were in danger of doing the same, but we''re not are we? Mandaric''s money, however, and countless managers did not get the job done for Leicester. Our Board took the corrective action and we survived. Now things are showing some promise 

With respect to Cam and Colchester....well, Colchester is "his" club but I bet he''s honest enough to look at Carrow Road and our club with a little bit of "wishin'' and hopin" that Colchester climbs to our stature, and I don''t just mean the standing in the tables.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mr. Carrow, I support your right and duty to question and scrutinise the clubs owners over their policies and decisions. What I take issue with is how so few are willing to look at those decisions within the context of how things have changed for clubs like Norwich City since the success on the pitch in the the late 80''s and early 90''s. The balancing act between success and significant failure is now like a high wire act without a safety net. Last season we had a few on here in the early season asking why we could not do it "the Watford way." A few seasons back it was the Charlton model we were supposed to emulate. I would like to have a pint with Aidy Boothroyd a couple of years down the line when he''s had a little time to reflect and see how he compares the way Norwich and Watford were run. Why don''t you give us some perspective on the Watford situation. It sounds like they ( and possibly Southampton too ) are ready to implode. I''m a curious observer as to how things will look at Derby in a couple of years time. And I''ll bet Mr. Mandaric is none too pleased at the visits to Crewe, Cheltenham and Hartlepool during the coming capaign. Yes, I know, we were in danger of doing the same, but we''re not are we? Mandaric''s money, however, and countless managers did not get the job done for Leicester. Our Board took the corrective action and we survived. Now things are showing some promise 

With respect to Cam and Colchester....well, Colchester is "his" club but I bet he''s honest enough to look at Carrow Road and our club with a little bit of "wishin'' and hopin" that Colchester climbs to our stature, and I don''t just mean the standing in the tables.

[/quote]

It would help if you gor your facts right.

City had success on the pitch well before ''the late ''80s''.

But then for someone who thinks positive is negative and negative positive, a little shaving of truth here and there is hardly surprising is it now?

OTBC

someone told me when they say ''mr carrow is in the barclay'' it means there''s an away fan in the barclaythen when they''ve been kicked they say ''mr carrow has left the barclay''

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It would help if you gor your facts right.

City had success on the pitch well before ''the late ''80s''.

But then for someone who thinks positive is negative and negative positive, a little shaving of truth here and there is hardly surprising is it now?

OTBC

[/quote]

....and you need to learn to BOTH read and understand Bly. I did not say we did not have success prior to the 80''s. What I said is it is necessary to look at HOW THINGS HAVE CHANGED since the success we enjoyed in the late 80''s early 90''s.

The leisure centre i work as has Mr Power for fires and Mr Glory for bombs, just to alert the staff, so Mr Carrow must be a warning to the staff of some sort, whether for fire or bombs or maybe just a heads up for the staff in an area to be alert for trouble maybe...

[quote user="lappinitup"]Repeating yourself again I see wassy, better get that checked !  [:D][/quote]

Sorry Lapp.

Sorry Lapp

There you go, got them both in one post. [:D]