Sign in to follow this  
Chocolatebuttons

Roeders comment on striker within next 48 hours

One in the next 48 hours will be a young striker from possible a premier league club.  That said he could also be a up and coming player from the lower leagues.  The one that will take 7-14 days must surely be Shola.

Yep, in my opinion - Shola will be the 14days one - dunno who the other is but will be a loan for sure from what GR said. Roeder also quoted on Waghorn as saying he wants another defender before season starts to cover for Doc''s injury.

Yes I agree the big striker within 7 to 14 days sounds like Ameobi.

The imminent arrival sounds like a young loan player to me.

I was interested in the fact that Roeder said:"And I''m working on bringing another one in before the window closes -

in the way, that we will have four strikers come the window closing."Four?  He is allegedly signing one in 48 hours and another in 7-14 days, plus Cureton, Lupoli and Martin to me equals five??

[quote user="Chocolatebuttons"]

Roeder last night stated he was very close to signing two strikers and one within the next 48 hours, they are un known to us so far,

who could they be?

[/quote]

[quote user="JC"]I was interested in the fact that Roeder said:"And I''m working on bringing another one in before the window closes -

in the way, that we will have four strikers come the window closing."Four?  He is allegedly signing one in 48 hours and another in 7-14 days, plus Cureton, Lupoli and Martin to me equals five??

Roeder last night stated he was very close to signing two strikers and one within the next 48 hours, they are un known to us so far,

who could they be?

[/quote][/quote]Martin not in the plans then.

[quote user="JC"]I was interested in the fact that Roeder said:

"And I''m working on bringing another one in before the window closes - in the way, that we will have four strikers come the window closing."

Four?  He is allegedly signing one in 48 hours and another in 7-14 days, plus Cureton, Lupoli and Martin to me equals five??

who could they be?

[/quote][/quote]

I suspect Martin will be booted out on loan the minute we get these two new ones in.

[quote user="bristol_canary"]i believe the first one will be barry hayles and the 7-14 days will be makiese[/quote]

Makiese has gone back. Roeder said something along the lines of "we need better than OK".

[quote user="Mark Smith"][quote user="JC"]I was interested in the fact that Roeder said:

"And I''m working on bringing another one in before the window closes - in the way, that we will have four strikers come the window closing."

Four?  He is allegedly signing one in 48 hours and another in 7-14 days, plus Cureton, Lupoli and Martin to me equals five??

who could they be?

[/quote][/quote]

I suspect Martin will be booted out on loan the minute we get these two new ones in.[/quote]

Lupoli is on loan - perhaps GR meant 4 permanent strikers.

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="Mark Smith"][quote user="JC"]I was interested in the fact that Roeder said:

who could they be?

[/quote][/quote]

I suspect Martin will be booted out on loan the minute we get these two new ones in.[/quote]

[/quote]

Doubtful, considering the next one ''within 48 hours'' sounds like a loan too.

I''m pretty friendly with Emile William Ivanhoe Heskey and he is interested in a move south. Don''t want to give too much away but watch this space!

[quote user="canarytom"]

I''m pretty friendly with Emile William Ivanhoe Heskey and he is interested in a move south. Don''t want to give too much away but watch this space!

[/quote]

i am friendly with former PSG striker patrice loko, he is also interested in a move.

[quote user="canarytom"]Gilles Sunu has been spotted at the club this morning[/quote]So you''ve gone on the Arsenal website and picked a striker.Who isn''t even eligible for loan as he doesn''t have a pro contract.

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"][quote user="canarytom"]Gilles Sunu has been spotted at the club this morning[/quote]So you''ve gone on the Arsenal website and picked a striker.Who isn''t even eligible for loan as he doesn''t have a pro contract.[/quote]My mistake he has signed pro forms. Still no one would recognise him coming out of colney.

[quote user="Mark Smith"][quote user="Mook"][quote user="Mark Smith"][quote user="JC"]I was interested in the fact that Roeder said:"And I''m working on bringing another one in before the window closes - in the way, that we will have four strikers come the window closing."Four?  He is allegedly signing one in 48 hours and another in 7-14 days, plus Cureton, Lupoli and Martin to me equals five??

who could they be?

[/quote][/quote]I suspect Martin will be booted out on loan the minute we get these two new ones in.[/quote]

[/quote]Doubtful, considering the next one ''within 48 hours'' sounds like a loan too.[/quote]Having read the article I have a feeling it is a slight misquote/misspelling/misspeak - he seemed to be refering to having four starting central defenders, despite the injury to the doc.[quote]"Which is really bad news because he''s just signed a new contract and

that brings us down to three centre-backs and I want four - with

Kennedy, Stefanovic and Shackell, we need another centre-back now."And

I''m working on bringing another one in before the window closes - in

the way, that we will have four strikers come the window closing."[/quote]this seems to mean he wants 4 central defenders for the coventry match.  Kennedy, Stefanovic, Shackell + 1 other.

"City boss Glenn Roeder tonight revealed that he had his beady eye on a ''beautiful mover'' - a six-foot striker that he was hoping to unveil "within the next 48 hours"."

"There will be one in the next 48 hours," said Roeder, quizzed as to whether a big striker remained his top priority now. With John Kennedy''s six-month loan switch from Celtic confirmed, it would be Roeder''s ninth signing of the summer.

I''ll throw another name into the mixerFranco Di Santo. 6ft 3" and plays for Chelsea.  Probably wont get a game for them and has scored 2 goals for them in pre season.

[quote user="splatthecat"]Bristol Canary and Canary Tom the only people you are friends with are binners because thats what you are
[/quote]

good one Moron!  I do not travel the country to watch norwich play because i am a binner!

[quote user="JC"]I was interested in the fact that Roeder said:

who could they be?

[/quote][/quote]thats if u call martin a STRIKER???? lol