Lupoli - Season Long loan!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="thecanaryfan"]

So are you saying we just dismiss his

stats and sign him anyway? I have never actually seen the lad play so

stats for me are all Ive got to go off and I''m not convinced. A

seasons loan with an option to sign would be the best option with

this one.

[/quote]

I would think that Roeder has seen him play and isn''t just going off his record on Wikipedia.....

And the loan option seems to be the one Roeder is taking anyway, so [Y][/quote]"...Roeder has seen him play and isn''t just going off his record on Wikipedia...."ha ha

This guy is definitely worth a punt as regardless of his record he obviously has pedigree.  Trouble is if he does not start a lot of games how long will it take to see anything like him at his best, whatever that may be? 

Also that gives us three short -a***** so we still need two big guys to play alongside them....

I remember you saying that too Wiz, not changing your mind are you?

Lupoli woul be good, Derby fans raved about him, he had a little attitude but scored goals and made a fair few too. JC scored next to nowt before Col U but scored a hatful, poor season last year.

Give him a chance before you write him off, not saying he will be the scoring sensation of the league, but if he comes, I''d be confident he scores a few.

He gets my vote and I assume your comment about him being short ,Wiz, is a wind up??????????

It still isn''t on the E.D.P site though.  Has anybody got a copy of the paper so it can be confirmed?

I recieved an E-mail yesterday regarding this feature in the Italian press and i''m not sure what to think on this one. Some Arsenal friends down the Local [which has a big gooner following] say he''s a tidy player who had a lot of potential and he certainly seems to have done well at Derby,what might suggest he''s more suited to English football.,but i must agree,his recent stats are awful and i''m hoping GR hasn''t gone on Wenger''s tip because it looks as if his potential has not been fulfilled since his return to Italy. In saying that,if there was ever a manager who can turn a players career around,i''d like to think its Roeder and lets not forget he''s only 21.

Is he quick? That''s what we really lack. If he is then I think he''ll be a handful, especially if he''s paired with a bigger strike partner.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

I recieved an E-mail yesterday regarding this feature in the Italian press and i''m not sure what to think on this one. Some Arsenal friends down the Local [which has a big gooner following] say he''s a tidy player who had a lot of potential and he certainly seems to have done well at Derby,what might suggest he''s more suited to English football.,but i must agree,his recent stats are awful and i''m hoping GR hasn''t gone on Wenger''s tip because it looks as if his potential has not been fulfilled since his return to Italy. In saying that,if there was ever a manager who can turn a players career around,i''d like to think its Roeder and lets not forget he''s only 21.

[/quote]

Yeah, exactly Arthur. How''s your ''flock of sparrows''? [:D]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[/quote]

I think he, more than likely is better suited to England. Italian leagues are known for their better defensive skills than England and like other say, he was behind some great strikers. He is still young and like you said GR has the knowhow and experiance to get the best out of yoots.

Would you have him here Art? Do you think he will be a Strikahavavav bloke or something a lot better?

Sky Sports website also has a report stating that Lupoli has flown in to Norwich and is due to undergo a medical today... may not have confirmation today, most likely tomorrow if all goes well!

Excellent loan signing if we pull it off!

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[/quote]

I think he, more than likely is better suited to England. Italian leagues are known for their better defensive skills than England and like other say, he was behind some great strikers. He is still young and like you said GR has the knowhow and experiance to get the best out of yoots.

Would you have him here Art? Do you think he will be a Strikahavavav bloke or something a lot better?

[/quote]

Yeah i''d give him a go, unlike Big Dave, this fella has the experiance of the League can speak the lingo and has a resonable record at this level, So yes, i would have him, but i wouldn''t pin all our hopes on him,i think we should still be looking to get some real muscle up front aswell

[quote user="macdougall''s perm"][quote user="thecanaryfan"]

I don''t think that anyone is dismissing his stats; just that I would rather trust Glenn Roeder (and scouts who have seen him play) than 1st Wizard when it comes to assessing his ability. Seems eminently sensible in my opinion.

[/quote]

Very sensible. I have lots of faith in Roeder and I believe Lupoli is a half decent player from what Ive heard but scoring records DO say alot about a striker imo. I would prefer to see someone who has a proven record at this level come in rather than take a gamble (please dont tell me it wouldnt be). Obviously that would involve more money and we all know the book stops there. Most people seem to think he would be a decent signing for us and that is good enough for me but like I said an initial loan would be ideal. Apparently the EDP has said we are close to securing a loan? Happy days if true. [:)]

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]

I don''t think that anyone is dismissing his stats; just that I would rather trust Glenn Roeder (and scouts who have seen him play) than 1st Wizard when it comes to assessing his ability. Seems eminently sensible in my opinion.

[/quote]

Very sensible. I have lots of faith in Roeder and I believe Lupoli is a half decent player from what Ive heard but scoring records DO say alot about a striker imo. I would prefer to see someone who has a proven record at this level come in rather than take a gamble (please dont tell me it wouldnt be). Obviously that would involve more money and we all know the book stops there. Most people seem to think he would be a decent signing for us and that is good enough for me but like I said an initial loan would be ideal. Apparently the EDP has said we are close to securing a loan? Happy days if true. [:)]

[/quote]

Indeed. [:)]

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ooops, sorry Macdougalls perm. Dont know WTF has happened there!!

I wouldn''t put all my hopes are him, but I reckon he will score a few and is a uick player who would link up with players like Chadders, Hoola and maybe Bell. It looks like if the Bell and Lupoli signings come off, it shows GR intent on playing a quick, passing style not too different from Arsenals. Not the same quality but the same style.

It has proved so far, that you don''t have to spend millions on players, ok the season has not started yet and I still feel there is more signings with some big zeros on the end, but he has got some decent players in for next to nowt.

I forgot about the fact he has a good grasp of the English language, it should not be too much of a culture shock, it will be funny to hear him after a year with an Italian/Norfolk accent.

Do you have high hopes for next year then Art?

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Larry David"]

Also, weren''t you the guy championing that chump Clive Platt a couple of weeks back?

[/quote]

Er?............... NO![/quote]

Er?.............. YES!

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1285091/ShowPost.aspx

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

If Camul can repeat his post from the other thread on Platt from yesterday then I can do the same:

"Please God not Clive Platt - saw him for Peterborough a couple of

times and he has the touch of an elephant combined with the pace of an

asthmatic sloth.  Oh, and he would also struggle to score in a brothel

with £50 tucked behind each ear.

He would truly be up there with Dean Coney as the most embarrasing "striker" we have ever put on a pitch".

This guy is total pants....think cow''s arse, banjo, swing and miss.  Avoid like the plague.

[/quote]

Well I''ll go out on a limb here and say we need a humongus lump up

front, a battering ram type........so I wouldn''t be too gutted if he

came here.

[/quote]

Well he''s been good before, and despite having a bit of a time of it last year, he should be an excellent signing! Didn''t we bring a certain Peter Crouch here after a failed big £6m move to Villa?

LOL!  Priceless.  Been caught lying through his teeth!

[quote user="Lazza"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Larry David"]

Also, weren''t you the guy championing that chump Clive Platt a couple of weeks back?

[/quote]

Er?............... NO![/quote]

Er?.............. YES!

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1285091/ShowPost.aspx

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

If Camul can repeat his post from the other thread on Platt from yesterday then I can do the same:

"Please God not Clive Platt - saw him for Peterborough a couple of

times and he has the touch of an elephant combined with the pace of an

asthmatic sloth.  Oh, and he would also struggle to score in a brothel

with £50 tucked behind each ear.

He would truly be up there with Dean Coney as the most embarrasing "striker" we have ever put on a pitch".

This guy is total pants....think cow''s arse, banjo, swing and miss.  Avoid like the plague.

[/quote]

Well I''ll go out on a limb here and say we need a humongus lump up

front, a battering ram type........so I wouldn''t be too gutted if he

came here.

[/quote][/quote]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

No CIB.

It appears I DID say Platt would be great with Jamie, somehow I''d quite forgotten that. So I''ll stick my hand up to that one........mind you, I still stand by it too.

And you mark my words here, if we do sign old Luppy, its Jason Jarrett come on down time again!.

Platt is terrible Wiz, why do you support poor strikers like Platt and Cureton so much?

Lupoli would be a great signing in my opinion, and one which would actually make us start playing proper football again. We would not be able to do that with someone like the donkey that is Platt! I do sometimes wonder if you have ever actually seen a football match.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

No CIB.

It appears I DID say Platt would be great with Jamie, somehow I''d quite forgotten that. So I''ll stick my hand up to that one........mind you, I still stand by it too.

And you mark my words here, if we do sign old Luppy, its Jason Jarrett come on down time again!.

[/quote]haha - you calling a player crap before he joined pretty much guarantees that he is gonna be great!BRING IT ON!