Sign in to follow this  
Fig Roll

More than one team?

Hi guys,

I''ve been following the boards for some time now but this is my first post.

I''m originally from Essex but I''ve lived in Norfolk most of my life so (naturally) support Norwich - but also claim to follow   1. Colchester - seen many a game at Layer Road (RIP) and 2. Spurs - they are the ''family'' team and my first experience of top flight football was at White Hart Lane.

My question for debate is can someone genuinely support more than one team?

I support just the one team, who are based in Somerset. However I was born and raised in Norfolk, and I do like posting on this board, going to the Norwich games and listening to the games on the radio when I can''t get to them. So for that reason, I don''t really support Norwich, I just like to follow them intently.

yay! a first time poster who isn''t posting a transfer rumour!

thats a very interesting question... My dads a Dundee UTD fan supposedly yet he also supports Man utd because when ferguson joined them he was labbelled a duff scottish manager or something... Man utd seems to get waaaay more attention than Dundee, i doubt he can even name half their team now so i guess it may not be possible as one team always has a controlling interest over the person, i guess its easy to say... favour one of the big four over the other three and support a different team, for example i prefer man utd to the other three big four teams because of they''re quick style of play, yet i was delighted that Spurs and pompey shared the domestic cups.an interesting debate - good first post.

I''m similar to Chris. I was born in Norwich, so they''re number 1 for me, but I do follow Celtic as well for family reasons! Been to Parkhead a few times too! Awesome place to watch a game of football![:D]

[quote user="Shazzakidd"]I support just the one team, who are based in Somerset. However I was born and raised in Norfolk, and I do like posting on this board, going to the Norwich games and listening to the games on the radio when I can''t get to them. So for that reason, I don''t really support Norwich, I just like to follow them intently.
[/quote]

I assume you mean Yeovil Shazza. I''m a fan of theirs too having lived there for some years. Norwich is numero uno though. Always was, always will be.

My dad is a Norwich fan and i have been ever since i can remember! my first game was at the age of 2 and a half. Could never support another team - but do like to see Forest do well, as my step-mom and her family are Forest fans - so i do look for their results - but i don''t have any real passion towards them - will admit to celebrating their promotion last season though!!

I''m Norwich through and through, but do like to follow the fortunes of

York City after having been to a few games with an ex some years

ago.  Have let that one slip recently though, need to brush up on

who''s there now![:S]

its not possible to support 2 teams.. what would u do if they played each other?!

I look out for Basingstoke Towns result due to family and hope they can get to the conference one day.. but i dont support them...

jas :)

Nah.

I have a sliding scale of dislike for the other 91 teams in the league with Ipswich, Wolves, Liverpool, Chelsea and Man Yoo at the botttom of the dislike scale (or should that be top [8-)]) and Forest and Arsenal at the top.

jas - i had probs last year - when Colchester came to CR - at the time I wanted the U''s to win cos I thought Norwich were going to stay up anyway and the points weren''t so vital as they were to Colchester - in the end without those three points we''d be down!! Norwich is my 1st team without doubt but I do ''follow Colchester with passion'' - is that an ok compromise?

Northampton Town are my second team, but if they played Norwich it would be the Canries all the way.

Its more a location thing for me as live near Northampton and local papers etc

I quite like Shack''s sliding continuum of dislike, [:D]

I''ve got a bit of a soft spot for the Baggies as my Gran (and Midland''s branch of the family have always supported them) and I think I''m going to quite enjoy watching Hucks progress at SJE (if you keep providing us with info on feeds please, HHH) but I only actually support City.

I quite like Shack''s sliding continuum of dislike, [:D]

I''ve got a bit of a soft spot for the Baggies as my Gran (and Midland''s branch of the family have always supported them) and I think I''m going to quite enjoy watching Hucks progress at SJE (if you keep providing us with info on feeds please, HHH) but I only actually support City.

I will only ever support one team (the boys in Yellow and Green).  But like many others on here I do have a soft spot for other teams:

Japanese team - Nagoya Grampus (formerly Grampus 8) this was mainly due to Mr. Linekar going to play for them when I was a young boy.  Linekar was my favourite non-norwich player.  He was just a god.  Got a couple of their shirts as well.

Purely on following the Huckerby bandwagon i''ll probably take an interest in SJE.

and Cambridge United.  My dad''s mate tried so hard to get me to support them when I was a little nipper, but it was never going to happen, but I do like to look out for their results.

Indeed Shack''s sliding scale of hate (SSSH) is where I am:  Althought some teams slide up and down.Good:1. Stockport County, Arsenal, Millwall, Man City,...................................................., 85. Man U, Chelsea, Man U (if sitting with Man U fans), Leeds, West ham, Ipswich, Liverpool.I should add - any Northwest team to move in the direction of Norwich, ie currently Bolton/Wigan/Blackburn down, Stockport, Oldham and Rochdale up.