Sign in to follow this  
I beat Atalanta

Spurs fans in home areas

Going to be loads by the look of it. I''m taking a Spurs mate with me who gets very lairy..... should be interesting. I''ve got a broken hand so I''ll be legging it. I''m driving though so he can walk if he kicks off...... :)

Fucking ridiculous. All the Norwich born Spurs glory hunters will be out in force, for their first Spurs game.

[quote user="I beat Atalanta"]Going to be loads by the look of it. I''m taking a Spurs mate with me who gets very lairy..... should be interesting. I''ve got a broken hand so I''ll be legging it. I''m driving though so he can walk if he kicks off...... :)
[/quote]

well i hope he isnt sitting near me.. because i will say my peace.. expect an arguement...

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="I beat Atalanta"]Going to be loads by the look of it. I''m taking a Spurs mate with me who gets very lairy..... should be interesting. I''ve got a broken hand so I''ll be legging it. I''m driving though so he can walk if he kicks off...... :)[/quote]

well i hope he isnt sitting near me.. because i will say my peace.. expect an arguement...

[/quote]there won''t be a spurs fan near me that says anything twice

Well, I''m bringing about 5 Spurs fans, if you want to have an argument bring it on. Just because they are Spurs fans, don''t mean they will cause an argument or a fight. Its a friendly and will not be a full house I suspect.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Well, I''m bringing about 5 Spurs fans, if you want to have an argument bring it on. Just because they are Spurs fans, don''t mean they will cause an argument or a fight. Its a friendly and will not be a full house I suspect.[/quote]

why cant they sit with the spurs fans??? not Members at white fart lane?

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Well, I''m bringing about 5 Spurs fans, if you want to have an argument bring it on. Just because they are Spurs fans, don''t mean they will cause an argument or a fight. Its a friendly and will not be a full house I suspect.[/quote]

its a sell out

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]will not be a full house I suspect.[/quote]500 tickets available as of yesterday.

Wouldn''t be so sure about that. 23000 tickets sold already.

Jesus H Christ, it''s a bloody friendly. Let them sit where they want, I couldn''t give a rats backside about the result - I''m more interested in seeing us and how we line up and how we play.

Jesus H Christ, it''s a bloody friendly. Let them sit where they want, I couldn''t give a rats backside about the result - I''m more interested in seeing us and how we line up and how we play.

Stand corrected, didn''t think it was a sell out. Spurs end is sold out. Some of them will be in an official manner as they will be Met spotters.

As I''ve said before on another thread, I''m not going & will watch online. This is Purely because at the last friendly between the 2 teams, I saw a lot of people who went to the same school as me, or who I recognise from different areas of the county sitting in the home end & cheering when they scored! It is only a friendly & if they were genuine Spurs fans it probably wouldn''t bother me, but plastic glory hunters who attend a game twice a decade when ''their team''  irritate me beyond belief!!!!

I agree with that mate Iwan, these people I am with do support the team but can''t always watch in a football  manner and normally act in a profesional manner. Half will be that and half will be there to watch the football.

[quote user="Iwan is God"]As I''ve said before on another thread, I''m not going & will watch online. This is Purely because at the last friendly between the 2 teams, I saw a lot of people who went to the same school as me, or who I recognise from different areas of the county sitting in the home end & cheering when they scored! It is only a friendly & if they were genuine Spurs fans it probably wouldn''t bother me, but plastic glory hunters who attend a game twice a decade when ''their team''  irritate me beyond belief!!!![/quote]

Legally I hope Iwan.

Glory hunters? Until last season they''d never finished in the top six of the premiership!!

Personally I''m look forward to having a ''chat'' with a few Norfolk ''saucepan lids''

i dont mind a spurs fan sitting near me and cheering their team on.. and a bit of freindly banter.. good luck to them.. but when they goad u after scoring a goal or start antaonising thats when i''ll say something...

I remember arguing with an Arsenal fan who thought he was "it" a few years ago... what a plonker he was!

i dont mind a spurs fan sitting near me and cheering their team on.. and a bit of freindly banter.. good luck to them.. but when they goad u after scoring a goal or start antaonising thats when i''ll say something...

I remember arguing with an Arsenal fan who thought he was "it" a few years ago... what a plonker he was!

[/quote]Did he not know you''re the king of the barclay?

As for the statement of it not being a sellout... probably wrong there! Paper confirmed this morning that 25,000 tickets were sold and there was less than 500 on general sale and were expected to sell fast.

Sell-out I think!

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Fucking ridiculous. All the Norwich born Spurs glory hunters will be out in force, for their first Spurs game.[/quote]oh dear oh dear.  listen to the big tough guys saying they will have a go if they near a spurs fan.  really sad aint it?  its good to hide behind an internet forum.  geez get a life and enjoy the match FFS.

why cant they sit with the spurs fans??? not Members at white fart lane?

[/quote]

i notice this hasnt been asnwered CIB... is this their 1 spurs game they attend then?

Just to put my two penneths worth in.  I''m a season ticket holder in the Upper Barclay, I live in Attleborough but work in Welwyn Garden City for most of the week.  My Boss is a  Spurs Fan, along with the other General Manager.  Our Print buyer is a West Ham Fan.  We''ve got 4 complimentary tickets through a printer we use for the game in the Lower Barclay so we''re all going to watch the game.

It''s a friendly, so they''ll be a number of people who do not normally go, or do work in the Area and are Spurs fans (have you all read the other thread about seeing supporters in various locations, I''m sure it''s the same for Spurs Fans!).

It should be like Rugby, or any other sport where you can mingle with other fans...

okay , so to put the boot on the other foot - If NCFC were playing a friendly at the Lane and you got tickets for the home areas would you keep schtum . I have a major problem with Norfolk based "supporters" of Premier League teams - If you live and were brought up in Norfolk then your team will be either Norwich or Kings Lynn - If you " support " any other team then you are not a Football supporter in the true sense of the word

I am taking my 8 year old son and he is really excited to see Norwich and the new signings - he really is not fussed that Woodgate etc are likely to play and that is the way it should be

I would not argue with any spurs fans in Norwich areas - unless they had a norfolk accent - If they can get to a friendly , then they can support their local team on other occasions 

most of the capital canaries are Norfolk boys exiled south, so sticking to their boyhood team  - I did say that if you are born and live within Norfilk then there is no excuse to " support " any other team  

[quote user="smiley face man"]

Isn''t this the same discussion in reverse that Wurzel started a couple of weeks back?

If you support your local team, then the Capital Canaries should be supporting Spurs!

Sorry folks but you can''t have it both ways.

[/quote]

No, it''s because Tottenham are by far the bigger team. Would you call an average Norwich born, Man Utd fan a glory hunter? Probably, and then would you call a Manchester born, Norwich fan a glory hunter? No.

to the majority of fans at the game on Monday - Spurs are not the bigger club - they may be in terms of stature , history etc , but most people believe their own team to be most important and therfore the biggest