Sign in to follow this  
FramCanary

SMITH OUT!

Delia & her Board have all but destroyed our Club, with an endless series of crucial mistakes made over a 12 year period of under-achievement. As a result, we have an inept first team squad (which we are naturally struggling to add to) and net debt approaching £20m (despite, Share issues - the ''Chase'' land windfall - Watling''s loan write-off - substantial profits from player trading - & the multi-million riches that go with Premiership football and the parachute income thereafter, etc, etc, etc). Our realistic aim for the coming season is to avoid relegation and administration. The most suitable investor (capable with his vast wealth of providing financial stability & a great chance of on-field success) has recently been shown the door by our current owners, whose arrogance and general ineptness is enough to make us real fans vomit.

[quote user="FramCanary"]Delia & her Board have all but destroyed our Club, with an endless series of crucial mistakes made over a 12 year period of under-achievement. As a result, we have an inept first team squad (which we are naturally struggling to add to) and net debt approaching £20m (despite, Share issues - the ''Chase'' land windfall - Watling''s loan write-off - substantial profits from player trading - & the multi-million riches that go with Premiership football and the parachute income thereafter, etc, etc, etc). Our realistic aim for the coming season is to avoid relegation and administration. The most suitable investor (capable with his vast wealth of providing financial stability & a great chance of on-field success) has recently been shown the door by our current owners, whose arrogance and general ineptness is enough to make us real fans vomit.[/quote]

welcome to last week

jas :)

[quote user="FramCanary"]Delia & her Board have all but destroyed our Club, with an endless series of crucial mistakes made over a 12 year period of under-achievement. As a result, we have an inept first team squad (which we are naturally struggling to add to) and net debt approaching £20m (despite, Share issues - the ''Chase'' land windfall - Watling''s loan write-off - substantial profits from player trading - & the multi-million riches that go with Premiership football and the parachute income thereafter, etc, etc, etc). Our realistic aim for the coming season is to avoid relegation and administration. The most suitable investor (capable with his vast wealth of providing financial stability & a great chance of on-field success) has recently been shown the door by our current owners, whose arrogance and general ineptness is enough to make us real fans vomit.[/quote]

So sorry but...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

No offence meant[:P]

Yes what a mess they have been. A trip to the Premiership, A playoff final, a nice stadium. Full houses. While PG was an awful decison but the board have hardly ''destroyed'' the club. Come on now. How much debt do you think Man U have? Roman dies tomorrow? Chelsea cannot cover their wages based on their income. Want to see destroyed? I''ll email you the directions to Kenilworth road.

So many people talking about ''administration'' about "how wrong it is to turn down Cullum". What happened to commenting on the facts. There was no deal to turn down and no one has details of what he was proposing. Someone on here had an email from him saying the club is not for sale. If that is true then it is not for sale. I might like your house. Can I buy it if I promise to give it a lick of paint and put a nice sofa in the lounge?

We are not close to adminsitration. There is no evidence to suggest that.Relegation? Well that''s down to Glenn. He let Huckerby go. He Bought Wes. He made the squad thin. He is bringing in the players. He was a god last year wasn''t he? How much does he have? I do not know...and neither does anyone else on here. Do we really all think we will go into the season without bringing in two strikers and a centre half? Who they are and what they achieve is Roeder''s legacy.

All will be clear in time but right now Norwich fans are divided over issues that they do not have the information to back. Everyone will be judged in due course....But it is impossible at this stage. Roll on Aug 9th.

Up the City

-Bigus. 

[quote user="Bigus"]

Yes what a mess they have been. A trip to the Premiership, A playoff final, a nice stadium. Full houses. While PG was an awful decison but the board have hardly ''destroyed'' the club. Come on now. How much debt do you think Man U have? Roman dies tomorrow? Chelsea cannot cover their wages based on their income. Want to see destroyed? I''ll email you the directions to Kenilworth road.

So many people talking about ''administration'' about "how wrong it is to turn down Cullum". What happened to commenting on the facts. There was no deal to turn down and no one has details of what he was proposing. Someone on here had an email from him saying the club is not for sale. If that is true then it is not for sale. I might like your house. Can I buy it if I promise to give it a lick of paint and put a nice sofa in the lounge?

We are not close to adminsitration. There is no evidence to suggest that.Relegation? Well that''s down to Glenn. He let Huckerby go. He Bought Wes. He made the squad thin. He is bringing in the players. He was a god last year wasn''t he? How much does he have? I do not know...and neither does anyone else on here. Do we really all think we will go into the season without bringing in two strikers and a centre half? Who they are and what they achieve is Roeder''s legacy.

All will be clear in time but right now Norwich fans are divided over issues that they do not have the information to back. Everyone will be judged in due course....But it is impossible at this stage. Roll on Aug 9th.

Up the City

-Bigus. 

The facts are we have a worse squad than last year, we are trying to get in cheap players so thet surely means we are skint, and the board have kept moving the goal posts regarding takeovers.

[/quote]

Are you saying we should just spunk all our money on overpriced nearly-rans then?

Hoolahan was cheap. Widely regarded as the best left-sided midfielder in the league, though. Where does that leave your theory?

Phat Canary,

We let 9 players go..All players (except Hucks) were not starting players (neither was he, to Glenn). We signed Hoolahan, who was much sort after and who the nay-sayers were grumbling that we would not get. Many wanted Bertrand back. Ok here he is. Clingan in my opinion is a great signing. We gave the ball away too easy last season and he played 46 times for a team that was promoted. We are clearly not going to start the season without a few more faces and I expect two more strikers to be competitive. We will also probably nab a few loans as the seaosn nears... but starting wise? Who did we lose of value.....Huckerby and Dion..Ched? We need two forwards. That is clear. Midfield? Whether or not you like it..It has depth..2 starters competing for the right. 2 for the left and 3 starting central midfielders fighting for 2 spots.

Chadwick, Croft, Pattison, Fozzy, Clingan, Rusty, Hoolahan.

We need cover at centre back as Roeder looks to be going with Shackell and Doherty again. I am sure that cover will arrive but it looks like he has his starting 2. We have 2 competing for left back. So while we are looking for a couple of starters we are not in bad shape.

Just my view...But I have no doubt over signings. There will be some before Aug 9. If there are not then I will join you in your concern.

-Bigus

[quote user="Bigus"]

Phat Canary,

We let 9 players go..All players (except Hucks) were not starting players (neither was he, to Glenn). We signed Hoolahan, who was much sort after and who the nay-sayers were grumbling that we would not get. Many wanted Bertrand back. Ok here he is. Clingan in my opinion is a great signing. We gave the ball away too easy last season and he played 46 times for a team that was promoted. We are clearly not going to start the season without a few more faces and I expect two more strikers to be competitive. We will also probably nab a few loans as the seaosn nears... but starting wise? Who did we lose of value.....Huckerby and Dion..Ched? We need two forwards. That is clear. Midfield? Whether or not you like it..It has depth..2 starters competing for the right. 2 for the left and 3 starting central midfielders fighting for 2 spots.

We need cover at centre back as Roeder looks to be going with Shackell and Doherty again. I am sure that cover will arrive but it looks like he has his starting 2. We have 2 competing for left back. So while we are looking for a couple of starters we are not in bad shape.

Just my view...But I have no doubt over signings. There will be some before Aug 9. If there are not then I will join you in your concern.

-Bigus

[/quote]

How refreshing. Someone who isn''t wearing blinkers.

[quote user="Bigus"]

Phat Canary,

-Bigus

[/quote]

Bigus, i was staying positive for so long but the last few weeks have just sent me over the edge, i agree the midfield is looking good and Bertarnd is a brilliant signing but we need two top forwards and two good centre backs,the trouble is we are dragging our heels so much, if we had any money i am positive Roeder would have his full squad already in place, the fact that he hasn''t leads me to conclude that we will make do with second best again.I hope i''m proven wrong and good new players will be arriving soon but i just seriously doubt it.

[quote user="Bigus"]

Up the City

-Bigus. 

[/quote]

Sorry but that''s a pretty poor response in my opinion, we have barely enough players to field a team, no threat in attack and a dodgy defence. We are so close to administration that our total outlay on new players comes to £220k. One of my staff referreed an under 18 game at Colney being played the same day we played Clyde and confirmed we only had one triallist playing in the game and no other unknowns. Wow we can all look forward to an exciting season. Our club is being strangled to death through lack of funds by the current board, DESPITE 25000 paying customers, something just about every other team in this division would kill for. Honestly how many times does this have to be said for some people to realise?

Barclay Marshmallow & Pineapple Eating Wizard wrote the following post at 16/07/2008 3:32 PM:

''Sorry but that''s a pretty poor response in my opinion, we have barely enough players to field a team, no threat in attack and a dodgy defence. We are so close to administration that our total outlay on new players comes to £220k. One of my staff referreed an under 18 game at Colney being played the same day we played Clyde and confirmed we only had one triallist playing in the game and no other unknowns. Wow we can all look forward to an exciting season. Our club is being strangled to death through lack of funds by the current board, DESPITE 25000 paying customers, something just about every other team in this division would kill for. Honestly how many times does this have to be said for some people to realise?''

---------------------

You failed to answer this before so I''ll ask you again:

How does having a squad of 23 players equate to having ''barely enough players to field a team''?

And what evidence do you have that we are near administration?

You make all these statements but have no evidence for them. And you should be aware that ''knowing somone who did something at Colney the other day'' does not equate as evidence, neither here nor in a court of law, which is where you should be careful you don''t end up if you continue to claim the club is near administration. (That''s not a threat, it''s happened to fans on other clubs'' message boards)

You make all these statements but do nothing to prove them. You have no idea how much money we have, or are going to spend, so your ''we''ve only spent £220k'' is pointless.

Stop talking bollox until you have some real facts.

Oh my god, I don''t believe it.... I read this board everyday and never bother to post because usually everyone talks absolute garbage... BUT I thought I really must reply to Bigus.  Congratulations, but you''ve just achieved the most sensible, resonable and most common sense post on this board for months.

Totally agree with you Bigus, if only a few more people got out of bed in the mornings with a bit more of your sense.

If only everyone could see that Mr Cullum was on his own agenda.. If he was soo keen to do business, he wouldn''t go about shouting in the press..  He just wanted to look the big man with the fans... what an idiot!!

On the Ball!

I cannot believe people are getting on Delias back ? , clearly Mr Cullum is first and foremost a business man and a very good one too. He may even give the impression that he is concerned about our beloved club, if this is the case then why is he demanding controlling shares of the club for 20 mill ?. Let me explain, what he is doing (and successfully too by the sound of some of you) is turning supporters against the board by making it look like he just wants to give us some money to get a few players in and that the board isn''t interested. How can people fall for this ? it''s a joke, absolutely ludicrous.....he want''s to buy the club on the cheap to sell on later and make a profit and it really is as simple as that. Delia and her husband has got this club out of the muck more times than we know, they care for this club as much as the next supporter and are not prepared to give it away, sell yes maybe...but at the right price, not a knock down summer bargain, surely you peolple moaning can see we are worth more than just another Mr cullum bargain basement deal. I''m not denying the board has made mistakes in the past, don''t all boards make mistakes ? but this is no mistake. Make a proper offer Mr Cullum if you want to control this club, if not i suggest you go away a leave us to it......what youv''e never had, you''ll never miss. 

Phat Canary,

While we need strikers, Roeder seems to like Shacks and Doherty. He wanted to keep Shackell and gave Doherty a two year deal.

Jas...

Marshall, Otsemobor, Shackell, Doherty, Bertrand, Chadwick, Fozzy, Clingan, Hoolahan, Martin, Cureton.

Bench: Croft, Rusty, Drury, Pattison,Eagle,/ Spillane, Renton, Lappin.

While I strongly believe we need 2 quality strikers and I do not rate Doherty, we clearly have enough players to field a side, with 4 starrting players sat on the bench.

-Bigus

Could Rudd play up front? He''s quite tall and it would save on the wage bill. Really don''t see why we need a squad of more than 16 anyway - it''s not like we tend to get many injuries and if you have 2 players for every position like some people think''s a good idea it''s actually counterproductive because one of them is bound to get upset and depressed at not playing.

So if anything I think Mr Roeder may need to shed some more players before the season starts, forget this talk of new signings. We don''t need them, we had a good season in the end last year and I''m sure we''ll do the same this time round. Well done Delia for sticking to your guns and not upsetting the squad by accepting Cullum''s offer and putting their places in jeopardy. Prudence with ambition - or prambition as I like to call it - is definitely the way to go. Let''s be having you!

[quote user="AndyJR"]It''s simple really;  Cullum either put up or shut-up.

[/quote]

By all acounts he did put up...£20 million...but it was turned away without any reason being given other than it didn''t meet the terms set out!

People with £20 million to spare don''t come along too often...so where will we get the help to get us out of this league?

How delightful, Sarcasm. Well as I said earlier, Glenn''s legacy. He is the one choosing the team and he is the one signing players. And he IS signing players. Players HE fancies. He likes Doherty. What can you say? He was a hero last season wasn''t he?  No players.....2 players in each position..... It''s a no win situation isn''t it? I mean you say toma(r)to and I say tom-ate-o.

There never was an offer Grando. Not one I am aware of anyhow. Do you know of one? Have details? Ther may have been a proposal that he takes control for 20 mil in the squad. I am not a lawyer so I couldn''t answer whether or not that was viable. Tell you what I will add some super new software to your PC and in return I''ll keep it at my place. Sound fair?

By the way, coaches within the club say that Rudd is the best young goalkeeper of the lot. Better than Lewis, Arnold and Gilks put together.

-Bigus

... But PC wanted to add some super new signings to our club and delia turned him away. Sound fair?

He also wanted to take control of the club. I wonder if there were any conditions to his offer? Maybe a loophole that turned his cash into a loan if certain initiatives were not met. Maybe Delia has found investment elsewhere? Maybe she doesn''t like Cullum. Maybe she does. May be that he wanted to get rid of Glenn?  Either way. I do not know and neither do you. One thing is clear...NCFC is not for sale and Delia does not want to give up control easily. I for one, am fine with that.

-Bigus

[quote user="Bigus"]

He also wanted to take control of the club. I wonder if there were any conditions to his offer? Maybe a loophole that turned his cash into a loan if certain initiatives were not met. Maybe Delia has found investment elsewhere? Maybe she doesn''t like Cullum. Maybe she does. May be that he wanted to get rid of Glenn?  Either way. I do not know and neither do you. One thing is clear...NCFC is not for sale and Delia does not want to give up control easily. I for one, am fine with that.

-Bigus

[/quote]Me too. But she can''t expect us to sit by and watch the crap we play week in week out knowing that there is a chance it could be different. Bring on the new season and bring on free expression. I for one don''t think Delia is going to like it. Football club owner will always answer to the fans in the end. They can''t ignore them forever. In the end she will seek out Cullum and accept his offer. Sadly she willing wait until the last minute to do it. She is playing a game of Russian roulette. With the squad we have I for one think she blow her metaphorical brains out.

Yes...This season will be a big one for the board. It has to be. They have their man in charge. He has changed the staff at Colney. He has changed the squad, he is chasing players and he is going to get a fair crack at it. If we fail miserably then they will all have to fall together but as I said earlier I''ll judge them when I can. That''s not now.

Aug 9th. It''s 24 days away. Hoo rah.

-Bigus

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]

Dear Bigus

I am thinking of starting an alternative message board for posters with a brain.

Would you like to join?

[/quote]

You could call it "We''re the pseudo-intellectual Delia and the NCFC Board Lovers" message board.....

Or, if I was a cynical and curious individual, I''d call it "Club Media, get onto the Pink''un message board to Defend the Directors and ''belittle those who want change, and make out all is OK at NCFC" message board. 

Yes I work for the club. I work in the ''Pink-Un board propaganda dept. I wear a Renton shirt and spend my days trying to think of ways to make Gary Doherty seem appealing. Hold on..Phone is ringing.....

"What''s that Neil?..uh huh..uh huh...ok..hold on..getting a pencil"

(mumbling to myself...scribble scribble.. making a note)....."start a new thread that says Delia is kind and geneous.... and another blaming Peter Cullum for September 11th......Got it. ...Oh and one that say''s that you are not evil personified..ok..on it now Neil"

<click>

[quote user="Match Day Pie"]

Barclay Marshmallow & Pineapple Eating Wizard wrote the following post at 16/07/2008 3:32 PM:

''Sorry but that''s a pretty poor response in my opinion, we have barely enough players to field a team, no threat in attack and a dodgy defence. We are so close to administration that our total outlay on new players comes to £220k. One of my staff referreed an under 18 game at Colney being played the same day we played Clyde and confirmed we only had one triallist playing in the game and no other unknowns. Wow we can all look forward to an exciting season. Our club is being strangled to death through lack of funds by the current board, DESPITE 25000 paying customers, something just about every other team in this division would kill for. Honestly how many times does this have to be said for some people to realise?''

---------------------

You failed to answer this before so I''ll ask you again:

How does having a squad of 23 players equate to having ''barely enough players to field a team''?

And what evidence do you have that we are near administration?

You make all these statements but have no evidence for them. And you should be aware that ''knowing somone who did something at Colney the other day'' does not equate as evidence, neither here nor in a court of law, which is where you should be careful you don''t end up if you continue to claim the club is near administration. (That''s not a threat, it''s happened to fans on other clubs'' message boards)

You make all these statements but do nothing to prove them. You have no idea how much money we have, or are going to spend, so your ''we''ve only spent £220k'' is pointless.

Stop talking bollox until you have some real facts.

[/quote]

sit on it and swivel Delia lover

[quote user="Bigus"]

-Bigus

[/quote]

Delia does not want to give up control at all. That indeed is very clear.

I, and a growing band of people are not at all fine with that.

Why is it so strange that someone who would put £20 million into the playing side would want to have some control over how it is spent? We all now where it would go if gifted to the present owners. And where does this nonsense about Cullum wanting Delia''s shares for nothing? We know they were talking about share price because of Cullum''s remark about "friendly arm wrestling". This will all be revealed eventually.

It amazes me that there are still people out there who can''t see the wood for the trees. I fear we made need to fall a lot further before we rid ourselves of this regieme and their contemptible "Little Norwich" mantra.