Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

CALL FOR THERE HEADS Y OR N

Not without knowing a bit more about why?

You lot should wait before jumping in. We don`t know any detail yet.

ONLY STRATED THIS BECAUSE OF THIS COMMENT!!!! CITY-TILL-I-DIE

Re: NORWICH TAKEOVER ALL OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply Quote

dhickl wrote:

The Anonymous One wrote:

dhickl wrote:

Typical for this message board, people swearing and having a go a Delia without all the facts...of course she''s in the wrong, it couldn''t be the billionaire businessman as he''s willing to pay £20m for players.  He could do no wrong. (Cue the insults)

"Peter Cullum and the directors of Norwich City Football Club plc have been unable to agree a mutually acceptable basis upon which they can meet the stated objectives of Peter Cullum whilst still ensuring compliance with the current legal and contractual obligations of the Club"

When you look at the above statement it throws up more questions than answers, and to me it throws up more questions on PC''s side.  Most importantly, what are the legal obligations that can''t be met with his proposed takeover?

While I would love the club, that I have been a season ticket holder of since I started working, to have £20m for players; all along I have been questioning the deal.  I didn''t think that it was right that he uses headlines to push it without any detail.  Even now people don''t know if it''s £20m + stake in club or the £20m for players is what gives him a stake in the club.  And before anyone says, it''s fine saying that now the deal has collapsed - check my previous posts.

Although we may never know all the details, I got the strong impression from the statements in the EDP etc that the offer was £20 million for players but that was it with no more for shares etc.  If that was the case then presumably the expectation was that the current majority shareholders (and potentially all shareholders for that matter) would have handed over their shares for absolutely nothing.  Whilst I am as disappointed as everyone else that our "little" club is now going to contine being a "little" club, this offer was highly unlikely to succeed.  We''re simply not in that much of a desperate situation that all shareholders would be willing to give away their shares for nothing.

Exactly.  That''s a point I''ve been trying to put across for the last 2 weeks.  There are some people who just don''t understand that.  Unfortunately it appears that they don''t understand common sense and reasoned discussion.  To them it''s just "**** off Delia", "The board has failed and must go" and "F**K***G BIACH...SHE MUST GO"

And to the person who said that there will be 25,000 people who will be calling for their heads - I''m afraid you are wrong there.  There are people out there who are not like some of the narrow minded individuals that you get on here, they look at more than the headline in the paper and understand that there is more to the offer than putting in £20m to the team - and it may not be a good deal in the long run.

If PC knew that the offer was a no-go last October, why did he go so public and set up those headlines.  Those stories were just targeting the things that fans look for, just to create a divide.  It has worked.  Is that in the best interest of the club? If he was so much behind the club why did he purposely want to create the split.  To me it sounds like he is trying to manipulate the media and fans to get his own way.  If so then I say it''s not in the best interests of the club.

All I''m trying to do here is put some balance to the arguement, with something a bit more intelligent and constructive than "F**K***G BIACH...SHE MUST GO".  I don''t think that PC is the devil or that Delia is a saint.  I think that we don''t have enough facts to be having a go at either of them.

I know I won''t be one who is calling for the heads of the board, as we could do a lot worse...

(http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1300975/ShowPost.aspx)

I SAID MOST OF THE ABOVE...THATS HOW I FEEL...GET THE BIACH OUT!!!!!!..HAVE STARTED A BOARD OUT Y OR N...LETS SEE HOW IT GOES

on the ball city

Problem is as mere fans we are never given any details..she better talk to the fans quickly, or i fear things will get very messy..this club has completely lost the pr plot.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

DO U THINK THE BOARD MUST GO???? Y OR N

[/quote]

Ask this question again once we get all the facts, the club will have to tell us the full story otherwise ths stuff will hit the fan.

Correct me if I''m wrong but this Cullum issue was over long before it started, i.e. back last year when the original discussions took place. It has only raised its head because the story of the discussions have been leaked out and has raised spectators hopes to such a degree that Delia et al were obliged to revisit the discussion. I am sure that if there was a way forward that would have been found last year. You have to give credit to the business acumen of Delia and Cullum that realised back then that there was not a deal to be had to meet both agendas. The media and to a lesser degree, I suggest, the fan base have put pressure on the club at a very delicate time of the new season preparations to get embroiled in this issue. This has, understandably put a hold on transfer activity, which looked like it was going to produce more faces imminently before the Cullum issue came out. I share that disappointment of no new money, but I just hope that we can bury this now in the next 24 hours with some ''good news'' signings

[quote user="Marty"]

No

do we know enough? are we jumping to conclusions?

[/quote]Smart post! and i totally agree.We''re jumping the gun, there could be a valid reason such as Cullum being the one woh wouldn''t negotiate etc.Protesting such would only make things worst, we want our team to do well - so lets support them!Lets wait and see what happens yet, we might still get some decent signings in.

At this moment in time, No however if we do not get further information as to why talks broke down or the reasons are not strong then it will be a resounding YES (and I am sure come the Blackpool game that is exactly what the majority of a £25000 crowd will be doing)

FAO city-till-i-die

You missed my point: "And to the person who said that there will be 25,000 people who will be calling for their heads - I''m afraid you are wrong there.  There are people out there who are not like some of the narrow minded individuals that you get on here"

I was pointing out that the 25,000 at the game is different from some of the people on here.  My comment was that there are a higher proportion of people on here that just look at the headlines and jump to conclusions.  Doing this questionnaire will only show the views of the people on this board, not of the 25,000 that will be at the first game. 

Even if this poll shows 90% against the board, I will happily bet that you are wrong when you say "25,000 people who will be calling for their heads", I would be supprised if more than 10% of the crowd are chanting for Delia out.

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="Marty"]

No

do we know enough? are we jumping to conclusions?

[/quote]

Smart post! and i totally agree.

We''re jumping the gun, there could be a valid reason such as Cullum being the one woh wouldn''t negotiate etc.

Protesting such would only make things worst, we want our team to do well - so lets support them!

Lets wait and see what happens yet, we might still get some decent signings in.
[/quote]

I agree. 

This is why this poll started. 

City-till-i-die said that at the next game there will be 25,000 people calling for the heads of the board.  On another thread, I said that people on this message board were jumping to conclusions without the facts, as we don''t have the facts yet, not all of the 25,000 at the game will do that. 

To prove his side of the arguement that I''m wrong, he started this poll.  I stated that I believe the majority of the crowd at the game will have a different view from the people on this board.  To show that that''s not true he started up this poll, which unfortunately only polls the people on this board and proves nothing about the views of the 25,000 at the game.  That''s why I''ve posted that he has missed the point.  I''m trying to work out whether this is due to his ignorance, defiance or stupidity!!!  [:#]

[quote user="colneycanary"]Yesssssssss! My hatred for Delia and the board is growing more and more each day![/quote]

I don''t think this kind of emotion is healthy!

[quote user="Marty"]

[quote user="colneycanary"]Yesssssssss! My hatred for Delia and the board is growing more and more each day![/quote]

I don''t think this kind of emotion is healthy!

[/quote]

Or rational - which means it is not really possible to have any meaningful kind of debate. Like religious fundamentalism - no way through....

I have no problem with Delia as a person. But she simply, and I''ve said

it before, does not have enough money to run a football club in this

day and age. And therefore she must go in my eyes.