Sign in to follow this  
AndyJR

Well done Hucks!!!!!!

San Jose signs Darren Huckerby

FIRST ON SBI

Darrenhuckerbysbi

The San Jose Earthquakes have reached an agreement with English striker Darren Huckerby after completing a trade with Toronto FC for his rights, sources with knowledge of the deal told SBI on Thursday. Huckerby will join the Earthquakes when the MLS transfer window opens on July 15th.

The 32-year-old former Manchester City and Leeds player had been in talks with Toronto FC for some time but will now join an Earthquakes squad that has scored a league-low 10 goals this season. Details of what San Jose traded to Toronto FC for Huckerby''s rights were unavailable, but one source believes allocation money was involved. Toronto held Huckerby''s rights via the discovery process.

Huckerby scored 34 goals in five seasons for Norwich City, playing both as a striker and a left winger. If you haven''t seen him play, here is some footage of him in action:

What do you think? Will he be enough to spark San Jose''s putrid offense? Is this another mistake by Earthquakes GM John Doyle? Share your thoughts below.

Who fancies a trip to america one day next  season? We could get some american supporters groups to meet and have a good old night with them. I''m sure Hucks will appreciate it knowing that he''s still respected by us!

NCFC vs San Jose friendly would be great.   Just imagine Hucks bombing down the left giving GR a friendly little wink on the way past, bliss.

Ah, but if the gems we have at the minute manage to keep us in this division - then they will all be heroes of the highest order!

[quote user="astrodyne"]Ah, but if the gems we have at the minute manage to keep us in this division - then they will all be heroes of the highest order![/quote]That''s true.

CA is off to pick up a  USA brochure tomorrow to book her holiday [:D]

Aye well done hucks. Makes you wonder doesn''t it. He''ll probably be their best player by far and be one of the top players in the whole league.

Good luck Darren, glad to see you chose the sunshine over Carl bleedin'' Robinson! [:P]Legend, we''ll miss you! Show the Yanks how its done! [:)]

[quote user="AndyJR"]

The San Jose Earthquakes have reached an agreement with English striker Darren Huckerby after completing a trade with Toronto FC for his rights, sources with knowledge of the deal told SBI on Thursday. Huckerby will join the Earthquakes when the MLS transfer window opens on July 15th.

[/quote]

What does the ''''completing a trade with Toronto FC'''' bit mean?

[quote user="timncfc"]does anyone know,r the MLS games on t.v over here?[/quote]I think they are.Highlights are usually on Eurosport i think, plus it''s more than easy to find highlights of games on the web!

This is great news.  The San Jose shirt is much nicer than the Toronto one.I''ll definitely be getting one with Huckerby on the back.

[quote user="Scot-e-dog"]This is great news.  The San Jose shirt is much nicer than the Toronto one.I''ll definitely be getting one with Huckerby on the back.[/quote]Think we shall be seeing a few of them next season!! I''m getting one and If I were a betting man I might put a few quid on CA buying one.  [:)]

They''re not exactly cheap.$65 on the official MLS website, and that doesn''t include P&P and lettering.  At today''s exchange rate, that''s....er....a lot.My missus has promised to source one, and if anyone can find a bargain on the internet it''s her.

[quote user="Scot-e-dog"]They''re not exactly cheap.

$65 on the official MLS website, and that doesn''t include P&P and lettering.  At today''s exchange rate, that''s....er....a lot.

My missus has promised to source one, and if anyone can find a bargain on the internet it''s her.

[/quote]

Thats only about £33  plus postage so cheaper than buying a new Norwich shirt

Andy - yes I might buy one [:)]

Wish the great man all the very best out California way. He has certainly made the better choice climate-wise! Spent a little time a little north of San Jose a few years back and it certainly gets warm in the summer months. I am sure he will love it. Cant wait to see him in action in the MLS!

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="timncfc"]does anyone know,r the MLS games on t.v over here?[/quote]

I think they are.

Highlights are usually on Eurosport i think, plus it''s more than easy to find highlights of games on the web!
[/quote]

thanks aj

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Scot-e-dog"]They''re not exactly cheap.$65 on the official MLS website, and that doesn''t include P&P and lettering.  At today''s exchange rate, that''s....er....a lot.My missus has promised to source one, and if anyone can find a bargain on the internet it''s her.

[/quote]

Thats only about £33  plus postage so cheaper than buying a new Norwich shirt

Andy - yes I might buy one [:)]

[/quote]Good point - we''re strong against the dollar, but weak against the Euro (I got muddled).  Nice one - MLS website here I come.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="AndyJR"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Angel, It means they had to agree some form of compensation with Toronto because Toronto had filed a ''Discovery Claim'' with the MLS meaning they kind of obtained the first refusal on signing him. I dont really understand the thinking behind this or think it is very fair but there you go! Rules is rules!

[quote user="Shannock Bob"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="AndyJR"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Angel, It means they had to agree some form of compensation with Toronto because Toronto had filed a ''Discovery Claim'' with the MLS meaning they kind of obtained the first refusal on signing him. I dont really understand the thinking behind this or think it is very fair but there you go! Rules is rules!

[/quote]

Thanks Shannock Bob, guess we live close to each other as I''m near the North Norfolk coast too.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Shannock Bob"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="AndyJR"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks Shannock Bob, guess we live close to each other as I''m near the North Norfolk coast too.

[/quote]Holt - One day I would like to live in a cottage in Holt, or Weybourne, and with house prices dropping I might only have to get 5 numbers and the bonus rather than all 6 to buy one.

[quote user="Shannock Bob"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="AndyJR"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Ah, the Law of Bagsey finally makes its way into football...

[quote user="timncfc"]does anyone know,r the MLS games on t.v over here?[/quote]

You can sometimes get highlights on Channel 4''s "GOALISSIMO" show, but cant remember if its on on a saturday or sunday morning!