Sign in to follow this  
SAFU2007

Cullum already in?

I find it hard to believe PC was not informed of the £56m situation last year. These deals ( including the £20m offer last year ) are always negotiated/offered by professional negotiators backed up by solicitors and no stone is ever left unturned, therefore we have to assume that PC knew the buy out clause would be triggered.

Whatever the source for the leak this week, the fact remains that PC has confirmed his offer is still on the table. FACT

PC raised £60m recently. FACT

Norwich have been linked to several "rather expensive players" recently FACT

Few of these players have been purchased by other clubs. FACT

Norwich must make "quite a few" signings in the very near future, if we want 11 players on the pitch come Aug 9th. FACT

In conclusion, the speculation over the £20m could be a smokescreen to conceal the real deal that has already been agreed ie £56m.

By making the £56m club statement, Delia has set up a situation where both She and PC will look like angels when it is announced. Delia giving the fans what they want and PC the new hero.

The deal can not be confirmed until all signings are made for obvious reasons...the first indication that the deal has been agreed will surely be the signings of players that in GRs words " may raise a brow or two"

This is the only conclusion that makes sense of the whole situation to me, am I wrong? What do you think?

That all sounds wonderfully plausible to me, but something tells me life is never quite that simple... still, it would make a lot of people eat a lot of humble pie about Delia''s motives if you were right. Everything crossed...

Certainly think there''s alot more to be revealed - although I wish Cullum hadn''t gone public just yet, we do know what the club values itself at. £20m as a staring point for negotiatons isn''t bad....

[quote user="Coelho"]That all sounds wonderfully plausible to me, but something tells me life is never quite that simple... still, it would make a lot of people eat a lot of humble pie about Delia''s motives if you were right. Everything crossed...
[/quote]

Totally agree, I would love it to be that simple, but you just never know...

[quote user="SAFU2007"]

I find it hard to believe PC was not informed of the £56m situation last year. These deals ( including the £20m offer last year ) are always negotiated/offered by professional negotiators backed up by solicitors and no stone is ever left unturned, therefore we have to assume that PC knew the buy out clause would be triggered.

Whatever the source for the leak this week, the fact remains that PC has confirmed his offer is still on the table. FACT

Norwich must make "quite a few" signings in the very near future, if we want 11 players on the pitch come Aug 9th. FACT

In conclusion, the speculation over the £20m could be a smokescreen to conceal the real deal that has already been agreed ie £56m.

By making the £56m club statement, Delia has set up a situation where both She and PC will look like angels when it is announced. Delia giving the fans what they want and PC the new hero.

The deal can not be confirmed until all signings are made for obvious reasons...the first indication that the deal has been agreed will surely be the signings of players that in GRs words " may raise a brow or two"

This is the only conclusion that makes sense of the whole situation to me, am I wrong? What do you think?

[/quote]There is no deal yet, because ALL Ordinary share holders would have received a letter from PC with an offer to buy their shares

[quote user="Thirst Wizard"][quote user="SAFU2007"]

[/quote]There is no deal yet, because ALL Ordinary share holders would have received a letter from PC with an offer to buy their shares[/quote]But maybe D&M have only just agreed to sell their stake, so the letter hasn''t been sent round yet? *sees passing straw and clutches wildly*

A source at the club said to me yesterday that no deal has yet been done.  There will be one done in time but there is a lot of talking to go on behind the scenes to try and thrash a deal out before anything happens.  In the meantime whether anything has been agreed to boost the transfer budget is anyones guess!!

Not if the money was agreed and waiting to be signed, with an initial amount available to the club for players, this would delay public knowledge.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Thirst Wizard"][quote user="SAFU2007"]

[/quote]There is no deal yet, because ALL Ordinary share holders would have received a letter from PC with an offer to buy their shares[/quote]But maybe D&M have only just agreed to sell their stake, so the letter hasn''t been sent round yet? *sees passing straw and clutches wildly*[/quote]Either way then it''ll leak out cos the minute the letter hits the mat, forums will explode with excitement... or non excitement

Possible, but unlikely.  Judging by PC article I would assume that he would want the fans to know if he has our new owner.  These sort of deals are very complex and would be difficult to keep it so quiet.  The club stance on this is intersting which suggests that there is something going on.  As the club has not referred directly to PC or said ''Peter Cullum made us an offer in October, but it was quite insulting and was never going to happen'' they hve just come out with a general statement.  My gut feeling is the club will be taken over in the near future.  The club has effectively said the club is for sale for 56 mil and anyone interested should come forward.  What is clear is if we make a big money signing then something is going on.  My feeling is something is going on, but its not resolved, but its possible it is agreed in principle and Roeder has been given a green light to have the money.  As stated I fully expect us to have new owners in September.  For me I would prefer Turners and Cullum, but it appears it will be one not both. 

[quote user="Thirst Wizard"][quote user="SAFU2007"]

[/quote]

There is no deal yet, because ALL Ordinary share holders would have received a letter from PC with an offer to buy their shares
[/quote]

I think Britain 40th wealthiest person has a few ways of being shrewd!

[quote user="SAFU2007"] I find it hard to believe PC was not informed of the £56m situation last year. These deals ( including the £20m offer last year ) are always negotiated/offered by professional negotiators backed up by solicitors and no stone is ever left unturned, therefore we have to assume that PC knew the buy out clause would be triggered.[/quote]Yes - of course he knew. The club press release was purely for public consumption in light of the EDP interview yesterday. Cullum appears to have gone public to speed things along and get the locals on his side to put a squeeze on the board. The board responded to set the standard ground rules clear and let folks know that Cullum needs to negotiate up. the nature of the plain figures might also be to get Cullum to publish his actual buy-out figures too - not just the headline-grabbing £20mill for the transfer budget.

Ok as a shareholder what are my rights.  I.E do I have to sell to allow PC takeover to happen.  Surely PC only needs to buyout the big fish like Delia, Turners.....

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Possible, but unlikely.  Judging by PC article I would assume that he would want the fans to know if he has our new owner.  These sort of deals are very complex and would be difficult to keep it so quiet.  The club stance on this is intersting which suggests that there is something going on.  As the club has not referred directly to PC or said ''Peter Cullum made us an offer in October, but it was quite insulting and was never going to happen'' they hve just come out with a general statement.  My gut feeling is the club will be taken over in the near future.  The club has effectively said the club is for sale for 56 mil and anyone interested should come forward.  What is clear is if we make a big money signing then something is going on.  My feeling is something is going on, but its not resolved, but its possible it is agreed in principle and Roeder has been given a green light to have the money.  As stated I fully expect us to have new owners in September.  For me I would prefer Turners and Cullum, but it appears it will be one not both. [/quote]

Can''t disagree that most of that could be possible.  However if the money is not in the bank so to speak, I can''t see Roeder being given the green light with spending.

[quote user="SAFU2007"]

[/quote]

In that case Peter Cullum was lying when he said there''d been no contact since January . . .

[quote user="fleckmatic"][quote user="SAFU2007"] I find it hard to believe PC was not informed of the £56m situation last year. These deals ( including the £20m offer last year ) are always negotiated/offered by professional negotiators backed up by solicitors and no stone is ever left unturned, therefore we have to assume that PC knew the buy out clause would be triggered.[/quote]

Yes - of course he knew. The club press release was purely for public consumption in light of the EDP interview yesterday. Cullum appears to have gone public to speed things along and get the locals on his side to put a squeeze on the board. The board responded to set the standard ground rules clear and let folks know that Cullum needs to negotiate up. the nature of the plain figures might also be to get Cullum to publish his actual buy-out figures too - not just the headline-grabbing £20mill for the transfer budget.
[/quote]

Yes - but going public is also a very clever smokescreen, saying the deal isn''t done (when it may be) in order to give GR time to get his signings sorted. We all know what happens to prices when clubs think you''ve got money.

[quote user="SAFU2007"]

[quote user="fleckmatic"][quote user="SAFU2007"] I find it hard to believe PC was not informed of the £56m situation last year. These deals ( including the £20m offer last year ) are always negotiated/offered by professional negotiators backed up by solicitors and no stone is ever left unturned, therefore we have to assume that PC knew the buy out clause would be triggered.[/quote]Yes - of course he knew. The club press release was purely for public consumption in light of the EDP interview yesterday. Cullum appears to have gone public to speed things along and get the locals on his side to put a squeeze on the board. The board responded to set the standard ground rules clear and let folks know that Cullum needs to negotiate up. the nature of the plain figures might also be to get Cullum to publish his actual buy-out figures too - not just the headline-grabbing £20mill for the transfer budget.[/quote]

Yes - but going public is also a very clever smokescreen, saying the deal isn''t done (when it may be) in order to give GR time to get his signings sorted. We all know what happens to prices when clubs think you''ve got money.

[/quote]True - look at the press this morning about us buying Ameobi! According to these - we are already owned by a billionaire and have offered £3.5 mill for him...!

I don''t think the deal is done, it is my understanding that if any share holder wants to sell there shares, they have to offer them to the existing share holders first, meaning that they would have to send out a letter to all the share holders.

[quote user="Fraz"]

I don''t think the deal is done, it is my understanding that if any share holder wants to sell there shares, they have to offer them to the existing share holders first, meaning that they would have to send out a letter to all the share holders.

[/quote]

The deal can be agreed and not signed (which would make it public) and funds for purchases can be made available behind the scenes.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Ok as a shareholder what are my rights.  I.E do I have to sell to allow PC takeover to happen.  Surely PC only needs to buyout the big fish like Delia, Turners.....[/quote]

I''m not

sure which shares are considered in a buy-out - are the ones the fans bought a

few years ago part of this or not?

But anyway

- if your share are considered:

If PC wants

up to 30% - he just offers to buy from whoever he fancies – probably a mixture

of the big shareholders on the board as they will be the easiest to contact and

negotiate with.

If he wants

more than that he HAS to offer on all 100% of shares. So you would be

contacted. It’s up to you if you want to sell. If you don’t he may still find

more than 50% to get overall control (or less to become majority share holder

if D and WJ’s shareholding reduces).

However, if

he gets hold of 90% of share (or it might be 95%) – they he can buy yours under

a compulsory purchase order – you have no option.

So for the

£16 mill evaluation, he will NEED to have £16 mill available (unless the shares

are re-priced). He will probably spend a lot less that that.

I have been saying something along these lines for a few days.  I would expect any announcement to be made when the transfer window slams shut.  Delias little ''we are keeping quiet about all our money'' speech may ring true if Cullum has indeed bought the club.

All this speculation aside I hope that it is true.  Not only is Cullum immensly wealthy he is also one of sharpest business minds in the country.  Plus it would also be nice to rub it in to the binners down the road who would instantly become paupers in comparison.  Not that I would ever stoop to their ''la la loaded'' level.....

I think you could be right. The board would face a huge backlash from fans if after Cullums potential investment figures were made public, nothing happened and we struggled on the same as in recent seasons!

[quote user="scott"]I think you could be right. The board would face a huge backlash from fans if after Cullums potential investment figures were made public, nothing happened and we struggled on the same as in recent seasons![/quote]

We can''t afford to struggle on...Our profit has gone from £9m to £3m to £0.little m in the last three years, without investment we will be gone and bust in 2 yrs max

[quote user="SAFU2007"]

[quote user="scott"]I think you could be right. The board would face a huge backlash from fans if after Cullums potential investment figures were made public, nothing happened and we struggled on the same as in recent seasons![/quote]

We can''t afford to struggle on...Our profit has gone from £9m to £3m to £0.little m in the last three years, without investment we will be gone and bust in 2 yrs max

[/quote]

If we don''t get the required investment, and soon, we''ll be WELL FACT!

And I''ll personally be very Fact off......

Norwich have been linked to several very expensive players recently ? like who , Shola Ameobi and Shola Ameobi , truth is so far we have signed one free ,one for £250,000 and maybe getting another soon for around £300,000 if that does not yell we have no money at you i dont know what will .

[quote user="SAFU2007"]

[/quote]

Makes sense as making it seem like no deal is happening means that clubs wont know of our wealth.

[quote user="SAFU2007"]

[quote user="fleckmatic"][quote user="SAFU2007"] I find it hard to believe PC was not informed of the £56m situation last year. These deals ( including the £20m offer last year ) are always negotiated/offered by professional negotiators backed up by solicitors and no stone is ever left unturned, therefore we have to assume that PC knew the buy out clause would be triggered.[/quote]Yes - of course he knew. The club press release was purely for public consumption in light of the EDP interview yesterday. Cullum appears to have gone public to speed things along and get the locals on his side to put a squeeze on the board. The board responded to set the standard ground rules clear and let folks know that Cullum needs to negotiate up. the nature of the plain figures might also be to get Cullum to publish his actual buy-out figures too - not just the headline-grabbing £20mill for the transfer budget.[/quote]

[/quote]It could also adversly affect the transfers as well. While its not confirmed some teams may slow down the process to see if more money is forthcoming. So it doesnt really help anyone apart from Cullum in the long run.

[quote user="SAFU2007"]

..... am I wrong? What do you think?

[/quote]

yes you are. FACT