Sign in to follow this  
SAFU2007

Cullum already in?

[quote user="SAFU2007"]

I find it hard to believe PC was not informed of the £56m situation last year. These deals ( including the £20m offer last year ) are always negotiated/offered by professional negotiators backed up by solicitors and no stone is ever left unturned, therefore we have to assume that PC knew the buy out clause would be triggered.

Whatever the source for the leak this week, the fact remains that PC has confirmed his offer is still on the table. FACT

PC raised £60m recently. FACT

Norwich have been linked to several "rather expensive players" recently FACT

Few of these players have been purchased by other clubs. FACT

Norwich must make "quite a few" signings in the very near future, if we want 11 players on the pitch come Aug 9th. FACT

In conclusion, the speculation over the £20m could be a smokescreen to conceal the real deal that has already been agreed ie £56m.

By making the £56m club statement, Delia has set up a situation where both She and PC will look like angels when it is announced. Delia giving the fans what they want and PC the new hero.

The deal can not be confirmed until all signings are made for obvious reasons...the first indication that the deal has been agreed will surely be the signings of players that in GRs words " may raise a brow or two"

This is the only conclusion that makes sense of the whole situation to me, am I wrong? What do you think?

[/quote]

I think you could be very close to the mark. I have been thinking along those lines for a long time. Everything Roeder has been doing suggests alot of money being available, i.e. thinning out the squad dramatically, sacking Hucks, etc. How could he be so confident of replacing the players if he did not have a huge budget to spend. It may turn out that there is money but that it has come from somewhere else. Or it could be that the press got a whiff of the story and so they came up with this nonsense as a smoke screen until some more players are signed up. The club statement about it costing an investor £56m is utter rubbish so it certainly seems like a quickly thought up excuse to keep people off the scent a little longer to buy some time to sign some more players before their prices rocket at the news of big investment. Lets hope thats what its all about!

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Wishful thinking[/quote]

Yes, my thoughts too.

Far too many people reading far too much into this.

PC''s statement to the press caused obvious dismay and shock to the Club. You only have to analise their sbsequent reaction to verify this.

No, there is no colusion between the parties yet, but we can only hope that it causes some positive results.

I have also been thinking along similar lines. The club have not said they''ve rejected anything, Roeder has disposed of loads of players and staff, including some stalwarts, ie Hucks. He wouldn''t do this unless he was confident he had the money to replace.

I am confident that a deal is done/almost done and has been for some time. I am pretty disgusted by some of the comments about Delia and co that have been appearing on this board in the last few days, I think it''s undeserved and disrespectful. I plan to sit tight and then enjoy it all when it happens, which I''m sure it will. And I promise not to gloat and say ''I told you so''.

[quote user="iluveadie"]

I have also been thinking along similar lines. The club have not said they''ve rejected anything, Roeder has disposed of loads of players and staff, including some stalwarts, ie Hucks. He wouldn''t do this unless he was confident he had the money to replace.

I am confident that a deal is done/almost done and has been for some time. I am pretty disgusted by some of the comments about Delia and co that have been appearing on this board in the last few days, I think it''s undeserved and disrespectful. I plan to sit tight and then enjoy it all when it happens, which I''m sure it will. And I promise not to gloat and say ''I told you so''.

[/quote]

You won''t have too mate.

Because you''ve got it completely wrong.

Quite agree about the parochial anti-Delia comments. In general this Board is much to full of blinkered individuals whose only interest is to claim to be right, and to denigrate those that they cannot understand. Personally, where football is concerned I get it wrong most of the time, with my player choices, my tactics, and predictions. Who cares, it is not my work, its my passion.  

[quote user="corbs"]Quite agree about the parochial anti-Delia comments. In general this Board is much to full of blinkered individuals whose only interest is to claim to be right, and to denigrate those that they cannot understand. Personally, where football is concerned I get it wrong most of the time, with my player choices, my tactics, and predictions. Who cares, it is not my work, its my passion.  [/quote]

So i take it you were one of the "no-one wants to invest, so shut up and get behind the board" brigade then corbs......?