Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

Re: Great News!!!

To think that this useless carthorse is going to earn another seasons wages from our club makes me physically sick.I also now believe Roeder either is desperate or clueless!Doc is the worst player I have seen grace a football pitch and get paid for it!! (Utterly speechless)A bad day for NCFC.

Ok so this is good news, the Doc can cope with big physical strikers and will win most stuff in the air but we desperately need a quick centre back to play alongside him. I don''t think we''ve had anyone in this mould since Kenton left. Ok he had his faults but one-on-one he rarely got beat.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]To think that this useless carthorse is going to earn another seasons wages from our club makes me physically sick.

I also now believe Roeder either is desperate or clueless!

Doc is the worst player I have seen grace a football pitch and get paid for it!! (Utterly speechless)

A bad day for NCFC.
[/quote]

Can I add my voice to yours SB? one thing for sure though...........Marshall''s going to be extra busy now!

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]To think that this useless carthorse is going to earn another seasons wages from our club makes me physically sick.

I also now believe Roeder either is desperate or clueless!

Doc is the worst player I have seen grace a football pitch and get paid for it!! (Utterly speechless)

A bad day for NCFC.
[/quote]

Couldn''t agree with you more. It''s significant that after keeping Roeder waiting for so long (how sad is that ?) the old shire horse clearly didn''t receive any better offers. That says it all............ aprt from seeing how clumsy he is with my own eyes. What a liability !

Not now nige!I thought we may have the right man at the helm when he kept us up and Doc recieved no contract, I have been proved wrong unless he has signed him just to make up 2 sides on the training ground???He could of grabbed a granny of the street to do that though and paid her far less, In fact she would have had more pace to test our top strikers. Oh we have none of those either!!Worrying times at the moment, we are currently a cert for relegation with the current squad. Given Smiths record of investment into the squad I am very worried. Would love to see Cullum A.S.A.P or he could well be bailing us out of another relegation fight instead of a promotion charge?I am not sure about giving Roeder 20 Million, his track record with his own signed players is poor!!

"At times last season he was our most consistent player and a very safe defender," said Roeder.

Bit of a contradiction there Glen.

i agree Doc is better suited to the rugby field,we need to find a partner for Shacks,the Tiny/Shacks partnership looked solid.

i''d rather have a cb who punts the ball out to clear his lines than one who is easily beat and then waits for them to reach the area before diving at their feet to give away a penalty.

any news on this macedonia defender?

doherty is as safe as giving an alcoholic drink to a drunk....he is shockingly s**t  and as about consitant as dioria....BRING BACK TINY FROM BIRMINGHAM

You lot see a different Doherty to the one I see. He''s no world beater but he''s been the best defender at the club for three seasons. The stats bear that out yet he is still so unpopular with half the fans. In all my years supporting Norwich I have never known a player polarise fans opinion the way The Doc does. It''s interesting that Worthington, Grant and Roeder made him first choice and gave him a contract. Dublin, Shackell and even the hapless Murray came out to support him and spoke of how he covered for them during games.

I think you will be seeing Doherty as a fixture in our team again next season so you can bet the debate will rage on.........

Doc is twice the player Shackell is, Shackell can''t header, he can''t pass and he can''t tackle, fair enough sometimes a defender has to hoof a ball out of play, but Shackell does it when there isn''t anyone even near him! We need to find a partner for the Doc, and only use Shackell if in desperate need! Like Roeder said, Doc was our most consistent defender last season, and I for one trust Roeders judgement. I can only remember Doc giving away 1 penalty, this season away at Southampton (which they missed anyway) but I''ve also seen Shackell give away some, and when I can''t make the games I listen to them on radio Norfolk, and all you ever hear is "Ohh Shackells missed the ball, AND THEY SCORE" he''s a total liability, all this rubbish about we need to let him fufill his potential, he''s in his mid 20''s for christs sake, we need to find a quick partner for the Doc!

Fact is he is so slow that the whole side ends up sitting deep and absorbing pressure.Just watch Docherty''s clearing headers 3 out of 4 go straight back to the opposition crosser or to an advancing midfielder who can then shoot. He is a poor footballer with no brain for the game.Compare him to dublin at centre back whos headers would find a yellow shirt 3 out of 4 times. A football brain.Doc is a complete liability and while he remains we will absorb far too much pressure to have a good season.!!!!

then why was he dropped for five different players to partner shackell,if he is so called 1st choice.

Well I''ll say my small piece. The doc invites pressure. He doesn''t lead the back-line, he seems to make it panicky and not confident. He has signalled all that is wrong with norwich of the past 4 years. Shax does not deserve the **** he gets. Personally I think shax has the potential to be a premiership level defender. Norwich fans are very forgetful. After all, he was part of our best defensive effort in the premiership. When he was 21. He marked top players out of key games that nearly saw us stay up. As a partnership with the doc, he has deteriorated. He is our BEST chance of having a decent youth product in the next 5 years, and in my opinion, when in partnership with taylor and/or dublin looked like the classy defender he used to be. For that reason alone, I would not want the doc to play, let alone the numerous others.

If Shackell was such a great defender, then shouldn''t he be able to adept to whoever is playing along side him? From what I can see, the Doc is constantly covering for him, and even when we had Tiny here, we still conceeded loads of goals, which points the finger at Shackell. And you think he has the potential to be a premiership defender? Sorry to break it to you, but he''s halfway through his career already, and nobody has ever been linked with him, not even lower league teams, say''s a lot in itself really doesn''t it for such a huge "potential"

who''s pleased doherty has signed, and who thinks he should have gone?

i''m pleased, i have always said i like him and he looks a good defender. He just need to remember he playing football not rugby!!!

[quote user="ellis206"]If Shackell was such a great defender, then shouldn''t he be able to adept to whoever is playing along side him? From what I can see, the Doc is constantly covering for him, and even when we had Tiny here, we still conceeded loads of goals, which points the finger at Shackell. And you think he has the potential to be a premiership defender? Sorry to break it to you, but he''s halfway through his career already, and nobody has ever been linked with him, not even lower league teams, say''s a lot in itself really doesn''t it for such a huge "potential"
[/quote]

apparently rumour says wolves will offer 1m for shax,where as doc was free to join whoever he wanted but no offers came in so he signed the only contract on offer

No , would have been delighted if he had gone to America and a standard of football that would have been more in line with his talents.

No no no no...no! But the way this transfer window is going I''m kind of glad we have kept on to him

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]doherty is as safe as giving an alcoholic drink to a drunk....he is shockingly s**t  and as about consitant as dioria....BRING BACK TINY FROM BIRMINGHAM[/quote]

You, my friend, are a prat.

Yes - we need him as backup and, with the current prospects for the squad, on the pitch...

[quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]doherty is as safe as giving an alcoholic drink to a drunk....he is shockingly s**t  and as about consitant as dioria....BRING BACK TINY FROM BIRMINGHAM[/quote] You, my friend, are a prat.[/quote]

i quite agree worthy!!!

Absolutely no way. The thought of watching him cause panic in his own defence is quite depressing. He can''t head a ball forward and he can''t score goals.

Having just read his comments on our clubs future, I feel even more depressed.

Now then which way to the Orwell Bridge

But with Dion gone, and no big man up front, who says Doherty has been signed to play at centre back?Be afraid. Be very afraid!

I no everyone gives doherty but i feel he was one of the most consistant of performers last season, yes he makes stupoid mistakes but wat about cureton, he is always missing, i no doherty isn''t everyones favourite player but, this upcoming season lets get behind the lad. He has been a good servant to the club and when people get annoyed with him for giving the ball away cheaply, surely thats the teams fault got not creating passes for him?

[quote user="bass is best"]

[quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]doherty is as safe as giving an alcoholic drink to a drunk....he is shockingly s**t  and as about consitant as dioria....BRING BACK TINY FROM BIRMINGHAM[/quote] You, my friend, are a prat.[/quote]

i quite agree worthy!!!

[/quote]

MY 1 DOUBT ABOUT GR....HE RESIGHNED DOHERTY!!!!!!! YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

should have bought tiny from birmingham when we had the chance...to much dithering