Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

NO SIGNINGS THIS SIDE OF MONDAY-OFFICIAL

"Stinks of a lack of integrity to me."

By whom? Weevil Munkey? Tilly? Weevil Munkey''s Mum Mel?......Or the Cheap Exec?

Mr Donkster is a Solicitor ''by profession''. I''m sure he''ll be hastily drafting a subpoena against the NCISA, just as soon as he''s finished listening and energetically dancing along (whilst lip sync pouting and clutching his placebo microphone hairbrush) to all his favorite hits on his Girls Aloud CD....

Do you really think the Donkster is actually concerned what anyone thinks?.....He''s released probably carefully worded minimal information, to a Supporter''s Association spokesman.....Not given him his Credit card details and ATM pin number.....for him to disclose, to all and sundry.

i agree with Mr Tilson... the club sitting back with its feet up watching Dr Who on a saturday night isnt going to win us the championship when other clubs are working hard to sign players all day every day....

Are we really that backwards as a club?

jas :)

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Mr Donkster is a Solicitor ''by profession''. I''m sure he''ll be hastily drafting a subpoena against the NCISA, just as soon as he''s finished listening and energetically dancing along (whilst lip sync pouting and clutching his placebo microphone hairbrush) to all his favorite hits on his Girls Aloud CD....

[/quote]

Subpoena''s don''t exist anymore since the Woolf reforms. It''s witness summons now. Still, as a solicitor myself, I always draft a request for mine whilst listening and dancing to Girls Aloud. I doubt any other solicitor is any different.

Oh...and Roeder is saying that a signing could happen over the weekend:http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=sport&itemid=NOED20%20Jun%202008%2017%3A45%3A26%3A933

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Subpoena''s don''t exist anymore since the Woolf reforms. It''s witness summons now. Still, as a solicitor myself, I always draft a request for mine whilst listening and dancing to Girls Aloud. I doubt any other solicitor is any different.

[/quote]

Sorry, my misteak....

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i agree with Mr Tilson... the club sitting back with its feet up watching Dr Who on a saturday night isnt going to win us the championship when other clubs are working hard to sign players all day every day....

[/quote]

whats Doc Who done wrong?[:P]

Much as I have been a critic of NCISA in the past if anybody was going to get a statement out of Doomcaster then it was Mr Tilson. I think this thread encapsulates all that is wrong with this message board at the moment. I am up for a bit of transfer gossip as the next poster that said it was clear (to me anyhow!!) that a number Binners have hijacked the board and posted asbsolute nonsense about Amoebi etc, I tried to make this point in a thread earlier in the week but was drowned by the detritus that gets posted on this message board.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]GREENWICH CANARY i would have thought that everybody connected with signing players for next season would be working 24/7 not putting out the light and closing the door behind them at 5pm on a Friday.[/quote]

That''s incorrect unfortunately. If you has read/watched any of yesterdays interviews Glenn Roeder said he will be working through the weekend. (although I can''t find the quote right now)

Think you mean this bit of his interview GC

''''Roeder has signed just one player, Nottingham Forest midfielder Sammy Clingan, who this week agreed a Bosman move when his contract expires at the end of the month.

Asked when the next one might be, he said: “I wouldn''t take the weekend off.

I am hopeful. There is one in particular that keeps hitting the wall and bouncing away, but every time it is bouncing away it is not bouncing further. Hopefully the next time it hits the wall it stays put, then we have got him.”

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote] and you know there doin that how?? roeder said in his interview yeaterday that they are working extremely hard and signings are slowly appearing. sounds promising to me :)

Trust Roeder guys, he knows better than anyone that numbers are needed - and quality ones at that, if we are even to survive next season.

[quote user="cityangel"]

''''Roeder has signed just one player, Nottingham Forest midfielder Sammy Clingan, who this week agreed a Bosman move when his contract expires at the end of the month.

I am hopeful. There is one in particular that keeps hitting the wall and bouncing away, but every time it is bouncing away it is not bouncing further. Hopefully the next time it hits the wall it stays put, then we have got him.”

[/quote]It sounds a bit like Hoolahan to me, all this bouncing off walls. In all seriousness though I do believe that Hoolahan will be revealed soon.Perhaps this weekend if he is back from wherever.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[quote user="Dr. Bunsen"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote] and you know there doin that how?? roeder said in his interview yeaterday that they are working extremely hard and signings are slowly appearing. sounds promising to me :)[/quote]

There probably are signings on the horizon, but if there weren''t would you really expect him to say so?  It makes me laugh the way people latch on to media speak as if it was holy writ. 

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry, my misteak....

[/quote]

You sound more like a S Club Seven fan....

[quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="Dr. Bunsen"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote] and you know there doin that how?? roeder said in his interview yeaterday that they are working extremely hard and signings are slowly appearing. sounds promising to me :)[/quote]

There probably are signings on the horizon, but if there weren''t would you really expect him to say so?  It makes me laugh the way people latch on to media speak as if it was holy writ. 

[/quote]As you say there probably are signings on the horizon. If there weren''t then we would have problems seeing that we need about 10 more players.

What gets me is the statement which suggests that he hasn''t missed any of his targets. Gunny v.quiet since Nicholson " we are after him/no we aren''t".

In answer to JETSTREAM i think you are being a little bit oversensitive taking me to task for putting the phone down having spoken to the chief  executive and running straight to the message board.Nothing i put on here was said in confidence nor was i breaching any trust put in me by ND.Unless i am told things that i am asked to keep "within these four walls"surely i have a duty as NCISA spokesman to keep its members and indeed all interested fans of NCFC of matters discussed with NCFC senior officials.

Some people have accused NCISA of being cosy with the club,Roy BLOWER of fence sitting in his days as chairman etc.Blimey we just cannot win can we?

slightly unrelated but my opinion is NCISA do bugger all apart from shout lots. what did they do for Dions last game for example. They always appeared to me to be formed to argue lots with the clubs official line, and independant supporters suggests that I am somehow affiliated to the club just coz I don''t have any time for NCISA. sorry rant over

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

In answer to JETSTREAM i think you are being a little bit oversensitive taking me to task for putting the phone down having spoken to the chief  executive and running straight to the message board.Nothing i put on here was said in confidence nor was i breaching any trust put in me by ND.Unless i am told things that i am asked to keep "within these four walls"surely i have a duty as NCISA spokesman to keep its members and indeed all interested fans of NCFC of matters discussed with NCFC senior officials.

Some people have accused NCISA of being cosy with the club,Roy BLOWER of fence sitting in his days as chairman etc.Blimey we just cannot win can we?

[/quote]I for one didn''t realise you were spokesman for NCISA. You haven''t broke a confidence just given out info. Nothing untoward in that.