Sign in to follow this  
Robert N. LiM

Roeder on the Doc

Roeder on the Doc, from myfootballwriter:"Obviously we want him to sign; we''ve made him a good offer; he''s gone

away to think about it. And sometimes things take a little bit longer

to sink in for some people than it does for others.
"But, again,

there''s no panic. Everyone else seems to be running around like

headless chickens. Let''s just stay nice and calm. The contract is there

for him to sign; if he wants to sign it, fantastic. If he doesn''t,

that''s life."If he can find somewhere better than Norwich City then good luck to him. I don''t think he will..."Obviously has a great deal of respect for the towering intellect of Ginger Pele. Not to mention his ability...

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]Roeder on the Doc, from myfootballwriter:

"Obviously we want him to sign; we''ve made him a good offer; he''s gone away to think about it. And sometimes things take a little bit longer to sink in for some people than it does for others.

"But, again, there''s no panic. Everyone else seems to be running around like headless chickens. Let''s just stay nice and calm. The contract is there for him to sign; if he wants to sign it, fantastic. If he doesn''t, that''s life.

"If he can find somewhere better than Norwich City then good luck to him. I don''t think he will..."

Obviously has a great deal of respect for the towering intellect of Ginger Pele. Not to mention his ability...
[/quote]

If only Roeder had made the same offer to Hux.

thats means Roeder wants him still as a squad player but has dropped his wages and Doc dont like it. It also send out the message that he agrees with the fans on the docs quality.

The Doc is good enough at this level, cut him some slack. He''s no world beater, he knows that, but he''s a capable member of an extremely small squad. Losing him will be a blow

I can''t believe we have bothered to wait around for a player who would at best, be merely a bench-warmer if we had any other half-decent central defenders. Tell him where to stick it!

Maybe the Doc might be able to find a club where there''s not a big chunk of fans desperate for him to make a mistake so they can boo and jeer him.

If Roeder still wants Donkerty, then we are buggered, any decent manager would have got rid years ago........I''m very worried now for next season.[:''(]

I think Roeder needs a Doc or maybe a Vet - foot in mouth disease strikes again!

What exactly is the point of that?  More sarcastic remarks about a player in the public domain.  He may not be Norwich''s answer to Tony Adams but show a bit of basic human respect ffs.  Yes it''s about time the Doc made his mind up, but ever heard the saying "two wrongs don''t make a right"?

If I was Doherty I''d tell him where to stuff his contract . . .

[:@]

[quote user="AndyJR"]Sod off Docherty, your boring me.

[/quote]

To be fair, the Doc has kept pretty quiet and hasn''t made a big deal out of things. As has been his way since he''s been here.

What is boring is people getting tetchy about him not signing yet.

[quote user="GJP"]

Maybe the Doc might be able to find a club where there''s not a big chunk of fans desperate for him to make a mistake so they can boo and jeer him.

[/quote]My ''sod off Docherty'' is simply because I think he is after the same kind of money he was once on which we simply can''t offer him.  Other than that I wish he would stay as I''m not looking forward to us having to play Rush goalie this season.

[quote user="AndyJR"]Sod off Docherty, your boring me.

[/quote]

Ha, don''t hold back Andy, say what you really feel! Great stuff.

[quote user="Greenwich Canary"]That really made me laugh. Brilliant Roeder, brilliant.[/quote]

Me too,

Roeder at his best, and if im being totally honest i hope he stays anonymous and doesnt find his way back to Carrow Road. I here San Jose is nice this time of year...

[quote user="1st Wizard"]If Roeder still wants Donkerty, then we are buggered, any decent manager would have got rid years ago........I''m very worried now for next season.[:''(][/quote]You don''t like anyone, you don''t know anything. An opinion from you would be a novel thing, rather than just a damning indictment delivered in a patriarchal style. No one looks up to you, know one wants to hear your moaning.

[quote user="mighty yellow"][quote user="1st Wizard"]If Roeder still wants Donkerty, then we are buggered, any decent manager would have got rid years ago........I''m very worried now for next season.[:''(][/quote]

You don''t like anyone, you don''t know anything. An opinion from you would be a novel thing, rather than just a damning indictment delivered in a patriarchal style. No one looks up to you, know one wants to hear your moaning.
[/quote]

Oh-er![:D][:D]

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

My ''sod off Docherty'' is simply because I think he is after the same kind of money he was once on which we simply can''t offer him.  Other than that I wish he would stay as I''m not looking forward to us having to play Rush goalie this season.

[/quote]

Maybe he is, maybe he isn''t. Maybe he wants another year on their offer as he would like to commit to us.

If I was Doherty I''d tell him where to stuff his contract . . . - Fat Prophet

If you were Doherty, we''d be waiting for you to screw up (again) so we could lambaste you. This last comment of yours braying about 2 wrongs not making a right, it seems you admit that offering a new contract to him is a wrong, and fans being bothered by his delay is wrong. If this all results in him NOT SIGNING, then I''d say these 2 wrongs did make a right.

Roeder should start reducing the offer for each day Doherty doesn''t accept it.  Then see how fast he signs!  If he does sign, hopefully he will be a reserve.  EEeeeeYyyoooorree!

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

If you were Doherty, we''d be waiting for you to screw up (again) so we could lambaste you. This last comment of yours braying about 2 wrongs not making a right, it seems you admit that offering a new contract to him is a wrong, and fans being bothered by his delay is wrong. If this all results in him NOT SIGNING, then I''d say these 2 wrongs did make a right.

Roeder should start reducing the offer for each day Doherty doesn''t accept it.  Then see how fast he signs!  If he does sign, hopefully he will be a reserve.  EEeeeeYyyoooorree!

[/quote]How many times have you seen Doherty play?

1/2 of the Prem season games were on TV over here.  I have seen at least 7 games since then, either live or on TV.  Just last week, they showed an old game, hi-lights of the Leicester-Tottenham game from about 5 years ago.  Doherty was directly responsible for 2 of LCFC''s goals.  On the 2nd one he gave up, the announcer was already screeching about him before Leicester had even scored, it was so obviuos it was going to result in a goal.

I have followed most of the other games on telex-style play-by-play, and have followed along as various fouls or bad passes by Doherty have resulted in goals against us.

For a long while, I kept thinking maybe it was just me who thought this guy was a liabitlity, but then I found the message board and realized I was in good company. Sure, lots of fans worship the scrub, but at least those of us not blinded by the uniform see the whole picture.

Calling him the Ginger Pele is an insult.  An insult to redheads!

[/quote]

No you misunderstand me.  The first wrong is Doc not signing sooner, the second wrong is Roeder denigrating him in public because of it.  He''s the manager, he should show a bit of dignity and rise above it. 

I have no personal opinion on whether or not Doherty should have been offered another deal.  But he was, and judging by Roeder''s little hissy fit he was expecting him to grovel with gratitude and snatch his hand off.  He can call Doherty anything he likes behind closed doors, but slagging off your players in public is neither big nor clever.

btw Houston how often have you watched Doherty play, and when was the last time? 

[quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="Houston Canary"]

[/quote]

No you misunderstand me.  The first wrong is Doc not signing sooner, the second wrong is Roeder denigrating him in public because of it.  He''s the manager, he should show a bit of dignity and rise above it. 

I have no personal opinion on whether or not Doherty should have been offered another deal.  But he was, and judging by Roeder''s little hissy fit he was expecting him to grovel with gratitude and snatch his hand off.  He can call Doherty anything he likes behind closed doors, but slagging off your players in public is neither big nor clever.

btw Houston how often have you watched Doherty play, and when was the last time? 

[/quote]

PS.  No need to answer the last bit.  You''ve never watched him live have you?  So much hatred based on such little evidence . . . what''s wrong with you?  [8-)]

1/2 of the Prem season games were on TV over here.  I have seen at least 7 games since then.

[/quote]Doherty is not good enough for the Prem no, blame Worthy for that. 7 games on TV since then. Don''t want to start a who''s a better fan debate, and I''m not questioning your support, but that doesn''t really put you in a position to fairly judge his ability.

As I''ve said many times before, Doherty is by far our best central defender. Some of the loans we''ve had in have been better, but compared to Shackell, Doherty is miles ahead.

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

I think Roeder needs a Doc or maybe a Vet - foot in mouth disease strikes again!

What exactly is the point of that?  More sarcastic remarks about a player in the public domain.  He may not be Norwich''s answer to Tony Adams but show a bit of basic human respect ffs.  Yes it''s about time the Doc made his mind up, but ever heard the saying "two wrongs don''t make a right"?

If I was Doherty I''d tell him where to stuff his contract . . .

[:@]

[/quote]

Yeah but his remarks about Karen Brady concluded the full time signing of Martin Taylor?  And his comments about Cureton after his hat trick set him firing on all cylinders...  didn''t they? 

Maybe he will be similarly successful in resigning on the best central defender at the club at current, Gary Doherty.

You''ve never watched him live have you?- Fat Prophet

I think when I wrote that I had seen Norwich play at least 7 times in the last 2 years, either live or on TV pretty much answered the question, although you apparently missed it.  If by "live" you mean in person, I have seen him twice.  If by "live" you mean the game was broadcast live, then I have seen him dozens of times.

I don''t hate him, I just think he is yet another one of these scrubs that too many fans embrace for no apparent reason. Since he''s been at the club to shore up the defense for the Prem years, the defense has been abysmal. He should not be starting every game.

As for the manager publicly commenting on him in the way Roeder did, I find it refreshing.  I''d rather have an idea of what is running through the movers and shakers'' minds that to think all is fine in lollipop land.  Unlike you, I prefer to be informed of the truth than left in the dark.

Since he''s been at the club to shore up the defense for the Prem years, the defense has been abysmal. He should not be starting every game.

[/quote]The defence last year was ok. Far better than our attack. We didn''t concede a huge amount, particularly not for a team that finished as low as we did. We just didn''t score. Shax and the Doc isn''t too bad at all.http://new.pinkun.com/content/NCFC/Stats/2007-2008/table.aspx