Sign in to follow this  
Canary Chris

Croatia V Turkey

I think Croatia will quite comfortably beat Turkey myself. Turkey''s defence isn''t the best and their strikers are wasteful. Croatia could well prove to be the dark horses of this tournament.

I''m going for Croatia as well, and before Germany''s performance last

night I was wondering if they''d get to the final... Gonna be an

interesting semi if Croatia do go through considering they''ve already

beaten Germany once this tournament...

On that note... how bloody stupid is the format this year? Being able

to play a group team twice before the final is just stupid........

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]I was certain Portugal would beat Germany last night so wouldnt like to say.[/quote]

Well I had Germany to beat Portugal 3-1 so was a pretty good estimate - I always thought Germany would have enough in the bag

I put money on Croatia to win it and have stuck a few quid on Croatia to go through tonight....   But I havent picked a winner yet all tournament so basically I have cursed Croatia and would advise you all to steer well clear as a result.

Croatia all the way. I hate Turkey and their diving, cheating antics. I hope the Croats give them a damn good hiding.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]In all fairness Croatia are odds on to beat Turkey so unless your betting big i wouldnt back Croatia. Is it me being greedy??[/quote]

Yes!

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

Croatia are going to win the tournament.

Trust me [;)]

[/quote]

they are... i got Decent odds of 16/1 on them pre tourny... stuck a few quid on them and am waiting for the inevetable.... a semi final penalty loss :(

jas :)

i''ve got croatia to win the tournament each way at 14/1, so if they get past turkey and germany will pocket a little even if they lose the final

i also did a germany/croatia double to make it to the semis over the past 2 days,

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Shack Attack"]

Trust me [;)]

[/quote]

they are... i got Decent odds of 16/1 on them pre tourny... stuck a few quid on them and am waiting for the inevetable.... a semi final penalty loss :(

[/quote]

Where did you get 16s?  Best I found was 14-1

[quote user="Dions Lightsaber"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Shack Attack"]

Trust me [;)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Where did you get 16s?  Best I found was 14-1

[/quote]A mate of mine got about 16.5 on Betfair, although 16s is very good odds for a bookie.

betfair.. Mid May.. best odds you will get anywhere.. your betting against the other punters and not the market... forget any other online bookies

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

betfair.. Mid May.. best odds you will get anywhere.. your betting against the other punters and not the market... forget any other online bookies

[/quote]Talking of value, some bookies were offering 40/1 on Russia just prior to the Sweden game. Given the level of performance, I thought that would certainly have been worth a punt.

these were my selection before 1/4s and why

germany knock out portgual - because germany always come strong when we all doubt them, portgual looked the best side in tourney but without serious goal threat resort to hitting 20yard shots. quite simply takes one game to play bad and there out

croatia knock turkey out - croatia look better side to me and have threats all around. turkey last match heroics may have taken alot out of them

holland knock out russia - holland look good key players got a rest whilst russia had to push for the victory i think holland have enough for win

italy knock out spain - same as germany game really. italy know when to turn it on and usually at the good end of the tournement. spain may peaked to early

germany v croatia - germany will get revenge for group game

italy v holland - italy will make holland pay for not knocking them out of tourney

germany v italy - italy win a tight encounter 1-0

i think they were quite widely avaliable at 16/1..im pretty sure bet365 had them pre-tourney at that price...

my friend stuck a few quid in early May @ a price of 15/1 for a certain team managed by Marco Van Basten, could be a sly choice [;)]

Dion''s Lightsaber - ''''I put money on Croatia to win it and have stuck a few quid on Croatia to go through tonight....   But I havent picked a winner yet all tournament so basically I have cursed Croatia and would advise you all to steer well clear as a result.''''

Thank you for your warning!, as it was 0-0 after 90 mins I would have lost my money! I did not place a bet, so I am quite pleased :-)

(Quote function wasn''t working!)

I''m gobsmacked, utterly gobsmacked... 90 minutes of Croatia trying their hardest against a resilient Turkish 11-man defence, half an hour of both teams going at it, two minutes of madness and about five minutes of penalties... before a pen had even been taken I just knew Turkey would win...By the way, if anyone notices a body floating down the Wensum tonight, its probably fellow poster Coelho... I think he, like me, thinks "football" has lost this evening... though drama has most certainly won!

Turkey have to be the luckiest team going.Will they do a Greece? And what odds were they at the begginig of the tournament? Good luck to them,even if i did have a tenner on Croatia. Still have Russia in the sweepstake,so fingers crossed.