Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Hoolihan transfer fee - a poll

cant have polls on the board as such so have asked it as a question.

If he didn''t have a cheap clause in his contract and it went down to "highest bidder wins" would we still have signed him, yes or no?

Im voting no...

We got lucky with this one.... Very lucky!

jas :)

Agreed. However on the positive side it shows that when you take the money out of the equation we are an attractive club, I would assume there were a few clubs in for him and he chose us.

But looking at the money aspect, surely with all the same bids (250k) it would mean the richer teams could offer higher wages?

NO.

It''s good to see us benefitting from a buy-out clause this summer! I guess they do work both ways.

I will abstain until the rest of our signings come to light and I can see how much money we have to spend overall!And you say we were lucky Jas, but as Hoolahan said in his comments, he had several offers but chose to come to us - now, be it we offered him more money, or our staff did an excellent job of selling the club, the fact he chose us over other clubs can''t be down to luck. Surely you can''t spin that fact in a negative light?

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

Agreed. However on the positive side it shows that when you take the money out of the equation we are an attractive club, I would assume there were a few clubs in for him and he chose us.

But looking at the money aspect, surely with all the same bids (250k) it would mean the richer teams could offer higher wages?

[/quote]

or would they only pay their vauluation for him.. did we give him what he wants in terms of wages when other clubs wanted it structured via Bonuses?

Dont know, you would have to ask Neil D. He is a quality player, and fans wants money spent on quality. So even if we have offered more on wages than other clubs (Which I doubt) then surely thats exactly what the fans have been demanding, rather than offering less and losing the player.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Trent Canary"]

[/quote]

or would they only pay their vauluation for him.. did we give him what he wants in terms of wages when other clubs wanted it structured via Bonuses?

[/quote]

Like QPR (who were reportedly interested in him) would worry about a small thing such as wages. He choose us over other clubs, well done GR for selling the club to him.

Why you always gotta put a negative spin on everything Jas?!! We''ve signed a player that by all accounts half the division were after......I don''t care how or why, I just say well done to Glenn and the club for putting a smile on fans faces. Except yours it seems.

Well chuffed we got our man! Well done GR! Interesting statement from Wes too "Norwich are a club that matches my ambitions". Does he know something we dont about new investment???

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Well chuffed we got our man! Well done GR! Interesting statement from Wes too "Norwich are a club that matches my ambitions". Does he know something we dont about new investment???[/quote]

I doubt it, its a line every new signing at any club seems to trot out. But we can hope [:)]

Say he minimum is 250k

norwich offer 250k so meet the minimum

doesnt matter if qpr offer 1m for the player

norwich have same % chance as qpr in completing the deal

this may shut up some of the moaners as norwich pulled one at the hat here and deffo got him from under other clubs noses

[quote user="Greenwich Canary"]Why you always gotta put a negative spin on everything Jas?!! We''ve signed a player that by all accounts half the division were after......I don''t care how or why, I just say well done to Glenn and the club for putting a smile on fans faces. Except yours it seems.[/quote]

I havent been negative.. i have asked a question....

If he hadnt of been so cheap everyone else would of been moaning about the lack of signings wouldnt they?

[quote user="super mick mccarthy "]

Say he minimum is 250k

this may shut up some of the moaners as norwich pulled one at the hat here and deffo got him from under other clubs noses

[/quote]

well yes. but the question was if he didnt have a minimum fee release clause...[^o)]

Say he minimum is 250k

[/quote]

I think I agree with the gentleman from the Black Country.....[:^)]

[/quote]

I wouldn''t bet on it, some people are going to complain about anything.  Until we are competing with teams like Newcastle and Tottenham for signings they will carry on complaining.  The fact we have signed one of the top wingers from the Championship for a bargain price will mean next to nothing to them.

His valuation is said to be between 1.5m and 1.8m so I very much doubt we''d have signed him. Great signing though....wd City!!