Sign in to follow this  
Scooby

Hooligan, Livvy and FIFA

That would appear to be that then!  If it''s in the hands of FIFA and they''re taking their time I can''t see it happening any time soon.

maybe we can get involved if a deal has been struck. telling FIFA they''re putting a clubs future at risk, or something like that. I mean we have about 9 players now!!!! we need all we can get.I think its disgusting FIFA are dragging their feet, but they''re probably preoccupied with blatters brilliant new idea this week

[quote user="canaryjock"]

Where did you hear this then?

[/quote]

Erm, just click "home page"

I''d laugh if it wasn''t so bloody tragic........Roeder brain''s dumped Hucks..........now what?........Chist our clubs a joke, it really is, they must have been aware of this wrangle before going in for Hooley.

What do we do now?

Certainly explains the delays in announcing his alleged signing.  Hope this gets sorted soon as he would be a perfect replacement for Hux.

From the article it claims that Livingstone want Blackpool to give them 250k, so at the end of the day we could still get our man at the right price.  The only issue is who gets the money...

Hopefully, with the buy out clause in place, they can''t up the price in order to pay Livvy off.  I guess we''ll just have to be patient if we really want him.  Makes you wonder where all the "Hooligan HAS signed" people have got their info from though. [^o)]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

I''d laugh if it wasn''t so bloody tragic........Roeder brain''s dumped Hucks..........now what?........Chist our clubs a joke, it really is, they must have been aware of this wrangle before going in for Hooley.

What do we do now?

[/quote]

If I was you I''d jump in the car, drive down to a cliff and jump off... If football makes you so angry and depressed start supporting Norwich Netball Team, though I''m sure you''d still find something to moan about.

We wait...

I think FIFA will now push through the situation outstanding...

Hoolahan signed with a get out of 250k so either way Norwich should really be able to sign him... FIFA already gave Blackpool the registration... so they surely have the right to sell him... the situation lies away from us and really it even lies away from Wes...

We give Blackpool the agreed 250k and Blackpool and Livi then need to sort out (read squabble!) about the previous issue.

Either way to me it looks like Hoolahan is our man... we might just have to sit tight a while...

[quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

What do we do now?

[/quote]

If I was you I''d jump in the car, drive down to a cliff and jump off... If football makes you so angry and depressed start supporting Norwich Netball Team, though I''m sure you''d still find something to moan about.

[/quote]

But you''re not me Juler.............so, if you''re content, chilled out and fine with City''s appalling board room performances, then fine, however, I''m not! so you better get use to it, because I''m going no where soon...................

Agreed, we simply wait.  It doesn''t sound like much more has come

out than we already knew (the Pinkun do seem to enjoy getting their

stories from this message board [;)]) and I doubt we''ll have to pay

more than the £250k.  This certainly explains the delay, though.

Sounds to me like Livingstone are just trying to get themselves more

money.  When they loaned Hoolahan to Blackpool, they put in a

ridiculously low release clause, then when they realised the player was

coming good they''ve tried to back out of their original agreement to

fill their coffers.  This whole thing should be taking place in

the background without any detriment to the player, however it is now

holding this whole thing up and FIFA should pull their thumbs out of

their respective arses and get this sorted.

Its ridiculous that its come to this, however I don''t see why people

are getting angry at Norwich City for this one, its us being held up by

the incompetence and greed of others.  What''s that?  You''ll

complain no matter what we do?  Oh well, do carry on then......

To me, this is an admission that we have signed Hoolahan. The deal between us, Blackpool and the player appears done - all that needs to happen is to get FIFA dispensation to allow the transfer to happen.

I don''t think we''ve much to worry about.  This is another regurgitated story from the Archant methed of Journalism.  This story surfaced bloody ages ago when we were given a running commentry from that binner.  Therefore we''re already a couple of weeks closer to getting it sorted.And besides technically Hoolahoop would still be a Blackpool player until his registration in July (if that is the date)

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

What do we do now?

[/quote]

I normally take most of your posts with a pinch of salt Wiz, think thats the best way to deal with them.  But how can Roeder or the board be blamed for this?  It seems they identified a perfect replacement for Hux, have agreed terms with Blackpool and Hoolihan, and FIFA are holding it up course they are too busy drinking sherry in their posh offices probably!!

I cannot believe this first happened at the end of 2006/2007 season and has not been dealt with, wow FIFA are efficient.

Sounds to me like everything is agreed between us, Wes and Blackpool, with us paying £250K and agreeing to meet any monies FIFA order Blackpool to pay Livi. 

If there is no decision for another couple of weeks or so, I suspect he will end up costing us an extra £30K or something which we will give direct to Livi for them to drop their action. 

Mark .Y.

we shouldnt have to pay livi any money.. tis between them and blackpool..

Knowing how slowly FIFA Move we wont see Hoolahan here until January.... by which time Blackpool wont of played him, (they wont risk injuring him and us dropping out of the deal) so we get a player with no fitness at all!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Knowing how slowly FIFA Move we wont see Hoolahan here until January.... by which time Blackpool wont of played him, (they wont risk injuring him and us dropping out of the deal) so we get a player with no fitness at all!

[/quote]

True we shouldnt be paying Livi anything, but £250k for Hoolihan is a bargain, and if we have to chuck an extra £50k towards Livi to drop any complaint to FIFA I reckon it would be worthwhile. 

As you say we wouldnt want this dragging on after the transfer window shuts in August.

[/quote]

We shouldn''t you are right, but if 75k speeds up the deal it is money well spent, 325k for a player of his quality is still a bargain...

[/quote]

You''ve never been in business have you Jas, oiling the wheels of progress goes on everywhere and in every sector.

Mark .Y.

What if Fifa decide his Blackpool contract is nul & void? He could become a Livingstone player again with no release clause??? Just a thought!

guys you are seemingly forgetting something... a, fifa already ruled in blackpools favour... they have the registration.... the matter is about money owed to Livi... b, wes has a contract with a get out of 250k... no more... whatever happens wes''s contract is binding and norwich can buy him no matter what the outcome.

I really don''t believe the situation is that bad... FIFA will have to act quickly because of the situation... Personally i don''t think Livi have a leg to stand on since FIFA already agreed to the player now being blackpools... The fact that Wes did brilliantly is just unfortunate for Livi ... They agreed to 75K... and if FIFA deemed Blackpools late payments as not that much of a serious issue then what can they feasibly do?  

IIRC, Blackpool are were reluctant to sell Hoolihan to us but a sell out clause was triggered.Now if blackpool draw out the Fifa enquiry via appeals ect they could hypothetically scupper our deal.

Hopefully this will all get sorted soon. 

Hoolahan can still have signed a contract to join us it just a case of his registration not being able to change until this is resolved.

On that though I still don''t understand why, if FIFA have ruled he is a Blackpool player, there should be any issue. If he is their player then they are able to sell him to us. The issue of what they pay Livingstone is a private contractual matter to be settled between the 2 clubs as far as i''m concerned.

Blackpool need to be careful.. any dodgy dealings fifa Discover could lead to them getting a seaon long transfer embargo.. meaning they can sell but cant buy or loan!

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

We shouldn''t you are right, but if 75k speeds up the deal it is money well spent, 325k for a player of his quality is still a bargain...

[/quote]

Spot on Carlos, cough up the little extra and as you rightly said, he''s still a bargin!.[Y]