Sign in to follow this  
Polar

Clingan agrees to join Canaries

....Aw, this is a bit sad - now we aren''t one of the 8/9 sides without a new signing, so the miserable ones are going to have to think up a different angle to beat the Club with!

IMO Clingan has the potential to be a decent signing. I''m not sure too many of us had heard much about him before today but good things have been coming out about him from people who are in the know (ie not those who have a kneejerk reaction of "free = crap" and can''t be bothered to look any further), which is promising in itself.  We need as much depth as we can muster, and he is a decent start.

done some research with in laws from chesterfield, from what they remember he was a playmaker, and was responsible for the distribution to the wide men. after he left chesterfield slumped (but thats no surprise, they''re always cr@p after christmas!!!)sounds like a chippy (ian crook) kinda player

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Okay, the die is cast...........welcome aboard Sammy and the best of luck.[Y][/quote]

Steady Wiz, that nearly sounded enthusiastic.

HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!

Finally something to talk about rather than just speculation.

Sounds like an intellegent signing to me and my Forrest supporting mate Barry msg''d me on Facebook to say that he''s very dissapointed to see him leave and that he is a bit worried for this season as three of their best players (Agogo, Commons and Clingan) have all left.

Welcome to Norfolk Sammy!

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Okay, the die is cast...........welcome aboard Sammy and the best of luck.[Y][/quote]

Steady Wiz, that nearly sounded enthusiastic.

[/quote]

If we can sign Hoolahoops, I''m going to be really chuffed mate.[Y]

My happiness at this signing has been increased by the reaction of some forest fans who havent grasped the concept they have been our inferiors for a large chunk of recent history.

http://boards.footymad.net/mboard/fmb.php?tno=401

i say lets do the double over them and we''ll have Cohen as well just for good measure :D

Just been reading through the Nottingham Forrest forum and it would seem that the vast majority of Forrest fans are very upset to see him go, some even claim that he is one of there two best players, if what they say is anything to go by then Glen could have found a ral gem in Clingam.

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=26447.0 - Sounds very promising

[quote user="Polar"]My happiness at this signing has been increased by the reaction of some forest fans who havent grasped the concept they have been our inferiors for a large chunk of recent history.

i say lets do the double over them and we''ll have Cohen as well just for good measure :D
[/quote]

I don''t often agree with you Polar, but they''ve gone very bitter on that site...........small Norfok club indeed!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Polar"]My happiness at this signing has been increased by the reaction of some forest fans who havent grasped the concept they have been our inferiors for a large chunk of recent history.

i say lets do the double over them and we''ll have Cohen as well just for good measure :D[/quote]

I don''t often agree with you Polar, but they''ve gone very bitter on that site...........small Norfok club indeed!.

[/quote]My thoughts exactly.

Star Member.

Robert Kubricha

Re: Sammy Clingan
« Reply #9 on: Today at 10:16:53 »

This would be a tragic loss for Forest.

To make a not too dissimilar analogy, imagine Liverpool losing Gerrard.

Now, they were not saying he was as good as Gerrard, but he made their team click. Sounds good and I always enjoy new signings, lets hope is better than some of the other Forest signings we have had of late, such as Brennan and MLJ. Welcome aboard.

Where are those people who said this morning that he is not wanted by Forest and must be bad. Yes the proof is in the games he plays, but people have some enjoyment and optimism on our new arrival.

[quote user="ncfclad"]

Sounds like we have got a bargain, but dont expect him to go forward much, he will sit in front of the back four and play.

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=26447.0

[/quote]

That would probably work out nicely for Fozzy and Rusty who would both rather attack than defend I think.

Perhaps Glenn is thinking of playing 5 in midfield like a lot of teams have at Euro 2008?

[quote user="Polar"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

My thoughts exactly.
[/quote]

They are as bad as Ipswich fans living on past glories, unlike them we haven''t been as low as league 1 in 40 years-not yet anyway.

Looks like he plays in the anchor role as a link between defence and midfield which will hopefully allow the midfielders to push forward and support the strikers. Makes perfect sense to me but then again what do I know?!

Welcome aboard Sammy! [:D]