Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

This is a Great Test!!!!!!

I see this as a great test, to see how much money we have. We all know that Roeder would love to have Ameobi here but now ipswich have had a 3.5 million bid accepted we have to match it or let him go because we don''t have the money. I think this is the first time which will actually get to know one way or another!

3.5 million on one player not a chance, we will only spend about 3 million in total! Sad, but the Scummers will be laughing at us again tonight.

And we''ll laugh at them at the end of the season when our mystery new forward outscores Ameobi at a 3rd of the price!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]And we''ll laugh at them at the end of the season when our mystery new forward outscores Ameobi at a 3rd of the price![/quote]

God i hope your right,step forward mystery forward, is it Wiz?

For a player who has only 1 year of his contract remaining that is a stupid high price and I would not want us to pay that much. Wish we had the money like that, Ipswich do, but hey who gives a poo about them. If he was a lot cheaper and there were conditions set in the fee after promotion etc, then yes I would look at him. But to get promoted, you need a player to score 25 goals, will he give it to us or them? More than likely.

As camuldonum has rightly pointed out in another thread, this is probably just an agent trying to make a dishonest crust.  Cd points out that Mad Jilton is on holiday in Felixstowe, and that Ipswich haven''t got a clue about this story (but when did they have much of a clue about anything...)

Don''t you think if we had 3 million available we would have tried to get Earnshaw?

[quote user="colneycanary"]Earnshaw was NOT a target for Roeder. We all know Ameobi is![/quote]Not sure managers tend to admit all their targets do they.

I would be disappointed if we spent anywhere near this on Ameobi. Although he would be a useful signing in the Championship you would have to assume this would clear out our budget in one go without taking into account the other ten players we have to sign. Stay well clear and let the Scummers have him if thats the case.

I have to say that the Stoke boards don''t seem too disheartened - one comment is: "Thank God someone else is being conned this time........."  They weren''t impressed, as I understand, bit too much standing about waiting for the ball apparently but I''ve never seen the guy play so I don''t know what his "style" is.

He wasn''t fit when he went to stoke on loan. Roeder came out and said this. He also said when he is fit he would run riot in this league!

[quote user="colneycanary"]He wasn''t fit when he went to stoke on loan. Roeder came out and said this. He also said when he is fit he would run riot in this league![/quote]

Maybe.  Let''s see if he does.  It''s a lot of money to pay to test that theory.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]And we''ll laugh at them at the end of the season when our mystery new forward outscores Ameobi at a 3rd of the price![/quote]

No we won''t, if this is a sign of their intent then they will be up this year, and we will be at the other end of the table.

It''s about time that we really said enough is enough. We get more fans than them every year, home and away, and we get taken for mugs by the same "got no money "prudence with ambition"  "little Norwich"  crap year after year. As far as I''m concerned theere had better be several popular signings in the next couple of weeks or Smudger needs to come out of retirement and start organising a proper demo. This Boards needs to put up NOW or get the hell out.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UJG3boMpY_M&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UJG3boMpY_M&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

i think its fair to say this compilation wasn''t put together by his agent cam, first touch looks poor,i really hope magillton pushes the boat out for this one.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

No we won''t, if this is a sign of their intent then they will be up this year, and we will be at the other end of the table.

It''s about time that we really said enough is enough. We get more fans than them every year, home and away, and we get taken for mugs by the same "got no money "prudence with ambition"  "little Norwich"  crap year after year. As far as I''m concerned theere had better be several popular signings in the next couple of weeks or Smudger needs to come out of retirement and start organising a proper demo. This Boards needs to put up NOW or get the hell out.

[/quote]Just an observation, but it''s been quite some time since a call came through for a Demo.  Only thing is, does a Demonstration actually serve to change anything? If there no money then theres no money.

[/quote]

Stop sitting on the fence mate! Tell us what you really think....But in all honesty i am really starting to get fed up with the lack of movement, other than out of the club, i keep telling myself to stay positive but it''s getting harder by the day.

[/quote]

That is one way of trying to deal with it, of course.  But where are the Investors coming from to replace the current Board do you think, given that we are at the start of a Credit Crunch and probably heading quite quickly towards a full scale recession?

[/quote]

Totally Agree!!!

and just watch our Board fail the test miserably, just like every other season. They are sitting smug in the Boardroom, with our season ticket money tucked safely away in the bank.

[quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[/quote]

That is one way of trying to deal with it, of course.  But where are the Investors coming from to replace the current Board do you think, given that we are at the start of a Credit Crunch and probably heading quite quickly towards a full scale recession?

[/quote]

Well for a start we could look for investors that don''t actually live or come from Norfolk, that just might open it up a bit!

[quote user=" Desi Rascall"]

hmm problem formatting that post,appols

http://www.youtube.com/v/UJG3boMpY_M&hl=en

i think its fair to say this compilation wasn''t put together by his agent cam, first touch looks poor,i really hope magillton pushes the boat out for this one.

[/quote]

LOL! I have to say that if it was my club I would be disappointed at paying that much money for someone who "may" run riot but has shown no sign of it so far.  £1.5m at tops for me (just an opinion, of course).

I actually think Hoolahan (if you get him) has more tricks in the bag.

This is no test at all. Doomcaster has already told us to forget anything happening before july. If we lose out to some other clubs just think of the savings in wages we have made. After all those savings are going to be mighty important when we are in League One come the end of next season.

Can''t we dig up some ancient by-law which would allow us to denounce the board as witches and burn them at the stake, Wiz?

Oh for gods sake this is nuts.  Are you cretins REALLY saying we should spend 4 million EVEN IF WE HAD IT on an unproven player with a year left on his contract??? 

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]and just watch our Board fail the test miserably, just like every other season. They are sitting smug in the Boardroom, with our season ticket money tucked safely away in the bank.[/quote]

[quote user="JC"]

Oh for gods sake this is nuts.  Are you cretins REALLY saying we should spend 4 million EVEN IF WE HAD IT on an unproven player with a year left on his contract?? 

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]and just watch our Board fail the test miserably, just like every other season. They are sitting smug in the Boardroom, with our season ticket money tucked safely away in the bank.[/quote]

[/quote]Not me. I never expected him to cost this much and I''m sure that although Roeder is keen, he''d never splash out 3.5mn or more plus 20-30k a week wages. That could spell financial disaster if it doesn''t come off... it wouldn''t be a huge surprise if he were to get injured for a lenghty spell would it...That 3.5mn could be used to buy 2 very solid CBs and a decent forward, which would be far more apt given our situation... I''m pretty sure that the scum would also be very happy to get a CB or two in as well

[quote user="JC"]

Oh for gods sake this is nuts.  Are you cretins REALLY saying we should spend 4 million EVEN IF WE HAD IT on an unproven player with a year left on his contract??? 

[/quote]

No definately not, but Roeder has been very vocal about Ameobi, and it will be interesting to see if the board back him, and more interestingly what Roeder says when/if they don''t!

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]and just watch our Board fail the test miserably, just like every other season. They are sitting smug in the Boardroom, with our season ticket money tucked safely away in the bank.[/quote]Not sure about that BB didn''t Doncaster tell us that this years season ticket money paid for last years loans a couple of months back?

[quote user="colneycanary"]I see this as a great test, to see how much money we have. We all know that Roeder would love to have Ameobi here but now ipswich have had a 3.5 million bid accepted we have to match it or let him go because we don''t have the money. I think this is the first time which will actually get to know one way or another![/quote]

Its not just £3.5m or £4m though is it, add on his wages for 2 years, his agents fees and his signing on fee and you''ll get to about £7m, they''ve got it, we haven''t, in fact I''ll be surprised if we''ve got £2m in our pot!