Sign in to follow this  
William Darby

season tickets sold out

Fantastic commitment from the fans year in year out, great to see 20,000 limit reached.

Looks like people are looking forward to seeing Roeder''s plan in action.

Incredible stuff! Particularly when you think that these season ticket sales are at least double what the club used to achieve when we were riding high in the Premiership. Two or three seasons of crap football and still the fans want more - that''s what you call true loyalty.

Like most of you, I am not sure what is going on behind the scenes... hopefully there is money to spend... maybe Roeder will be backed like they promised him...

However i feel the board need to realise the asset they have with the fans and realise people won''t keep on renewing if this ''hope'' that they have under Roeder turns to nothing if glen is not given the funds to push on for the playoffs... With the gap between the prem and the champ widening and the gap in what clubs have to spend in the champ also widening Norwich really need to make sure they don''t miss the boat..

Each year the championship is getting harder and harder to get out of... I am concerned that the board won''t back our Glen and will settle for what Chase was happy to settle for all those years ago.... lower mid table and the outside chance of success... 20,000 season ticket holders as well as all the fans of Norwich deserve so much more... It''s time the dedication is matched... Time we all sang from the same hymn sheet....

Personally i don''t think it has been that way for quite some time.

I don''t really care who''s money it is (bar terrorism!) fan or no fan... money is money at the end of the day...

All the talk from the board saying we are a premier club, with premier fans with a premier training ground... Is all well and good... and i thank them for the thankless task of running our club... BUT...  isn''t it time our premier board had some REAL premier ambition?

I will watch Norwich even more closely this year in the transfer market... July and August will give us a real indication of which way our club is heading...

james 

[quote user="Jameswallis"]

However i feel the board need to realise people won''t keep on renewing if this ''hope'' that they have under Roeder turns to nothing

[/quote]

You could not be more wrong. Delia will squeeze at least another 5 years of unquestioning loyalty from the long-decayed spectre of Nigel Worthington''s reign, Darren Huckerby''s festive unveiling and little Norwich''s last-gasp Premier League collapse.

Guess which CE of a Championship football Club made this quote recently?

"And with over 18,000 season ticket holders already pledging their support for next season, we are able to look forward to season 2008/09 with a higher degree of financial confidence than many of our brethren across the League. Hence the reason why we can afford to have brought so many players to Carrow Road in recent months, and how we have been able to finance Maceo Rigters'' arrival here on loan, under the noses of some of our wealthier competitors."

The last sentence implies that some of this years budget was spent last year on stopgap solutions.

I think, and I may be wrong, but if the Club don''t back GR all the way this TW then they might have a good few season tickets returned, we will consider sending ours back and stopping the DD''s if we are not totally satisfied with the players brought in.

20000 season tickets and 2500 super membership holders and yet the club will still insist we are skint and cant afford players that ironically other clubs with 12000 crowds can - it baffles me

[quote user="Jameswallis"]

I don''t really care who''s money it is (bar terrorism!) fan or no fan... money is money at the end of the day...

[/quote]

So would you happy for a sex trafficer or a drugs baron to take over the helmship of CR?

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="Jameswallis"]

[/quote]

So would you happy for a sex trafficer or a drugs baron to take over the helmship of CR?

[/quote]Definitely!!!  It would be ideal if they did both though.

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="Jameswallis"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Since both are amongst the multitude of offences actionable under The Prevention of Terrorism Act I would imagine JamesWallis assumed you would take this as read as he would probably presume you are aware of the restrictions placed on "Fitness" by the footballing Authorities.

Under the The Prevention of Terrorism Act  Delia herself would not be considered "fit" as I am led to believe that she once put an empty, un-rinsed can of tomatoes in her recycling bin.

[quote user="Jim Duffy"][quote user="Jameswallis"]

However i feel the board need to realise people won''t keep on renewing if this ''hope'' that they have under Roeder turns to nothing

[/quote]

You could not be more wrong. Delia will squeeze at least another 5 years of unquestioning loyalty from the long-decayed spectre of Nigel Worthington''s reign, Darren Huckerby''s festive unveiling and little Norwich''s last-gasp Premier League collapse.

[/quote]

I wonder if the board realise why people who keep renewing do so [:^)] I renew because I enjoy going to watch my team play. I would enjoy it more if we were more succesful and would enjoy it less if we were less succesful. The only two things that would stop me renewing would be ill health or not being able to afford it. At present I would always find £30  a month for something I really enjoy doing.

What makes you posters on this thread continually renew [:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Jim Duffy"][quote user="Jameswallis"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I wonder if the board realise why people who keep renewing do so [:^)] I renew because I enjoy going to watch my team play. I would enjoy it more if we were more succesful and would enjoy it less if we were less succesful. The only two things that would stop me renewing would be ill health or not being able to afford it. At present I would always find £30  a month for something I really enjoy doing.

What makes you posters on this thread continually renew [:^)]

[/quote]

Come on you lot.. some of you must have another reason for getting squeezed every season[:^)] Or do you just get the pleasure from seeing the money disappear from your bank account [&]

[quote user="Worst Wizard"][quote user="bunny"][quote user="Jameswallis"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Since both are amongst the multitude of offences actionable under The Prevention of Terrorism Act I would imagine JamesWallis assumed you would take this as read as he would probably presume you are aware of the restrictions placed on "Fitness" by the footballing Authorities.

[/quote]

lol! i guess a sex offender wouldn''t be the best board member to have... especially as we are a ''family club...''

.... so bar any terrorists, sex offenders, drug barrons, animal hurters/haters, or vegetarians... money''s money... okay? :)

[quote user="The Duke"]

Did you forget Vegans?

[/quote]

Everybody knows there''s no meaningful life on Venus.  Or in Vegas for that matter.

I ordered my season ticket in March and got a seat in the lower N&P. First season as a season ticket holder. only 9 weeks to go. Can''t wait and all for just £65. What a bargain (well having said that i could end up watching a seasons worth of a relegation battle).

[quote user="ncfcfaithful"][quote user="bunny"][quote user="Jameswallis"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Definitely!!!  It would be ideal if they did both though.
[/quote]

Yep, seconded here also, communists, aethists, people from other planets also welcome....

I have considered giving my season ticket up for the last 2 years but it is a very difficult thing to stop going when you have only missed 2 home games in 36 years. I could probably count the games I''ve enjoyed on one hand in the last couple of years but every year I''ve renewed in the hope that next year may be better. If they don''t find some money from somewhere this year we are so weak we could well get relegated next season, a fate of which the board are more than deserving  because of how the lack of investment in players has made the squad so weak, the fans desrve far better.

The supporters have-and continue to do so-done their/our bit.

The club needs to reciprocate now.

We will probably be told the new kitman is one of the "exciting new signings" or a "new hero" mind!

Ever onward.

[quote user="kdncfc"]I have considered giving my season ticket up for the last 2 years but it is a very difficult thing to stop going when you have only missed 2 home games in 36 years. I could probably count the games I''ve enjoyed on one hand in the last couple of years but every year I''ve renewed in the hope that next year may be better. If they don''t find some money from somewhere this year we are so weak we could well get relegated next season, a fate of which the board are more than deserving  because of how the lack of investment in players has made the squad so weak, the fans desrve far better.[/quote]

It''s posts like this that make the likes of Smudger credible! Are you seriously telling me that over the last 2 seasons you have enjoyed going to football just 5 times? Talk about £700+ down the drain[:''(]

Smudger "my old mate" it seems like you''re right. City fans buy season tickets just to be loyal and not because they want them [*-)]

Is there anyone else like me who still enjoys going to matches, who looks forward to the next game all week, who goes to their seat full of optimism, who feels £30 a month is a bargain, who is missing the football now and can''t wait for next season? I am as disappointed as anyone when we are poor and lose but I still look forward to the next game hoping for better.

[quote user="kdncfc"]I have considered giving my season ticket up for the last 2 years but it is a very difficult thing to stop going when you have only missed 2 home games in 36 years. I could probably count the games I''ve enjoyed on one hand in the last couple of years but every year I''ve renewed in the hope that next year may be better. If they don''t find some money from somewhere this year we are so weak we could well get relegated next season, a fate of which the board are more than deserving  because of how the lack of investment in players has made the squad so weak, the fans desrve far better.[/quote]

I agree.  Your support seems to have been great over the years and no wonder you have considered giving it up the last 2 years.  But lets look forward and hopefully achieve a hell of a lot more next season!

Is it bad that i am trying to convince my girlfriend that moving back to norwich is a good idea as houses are so much cheaper... when if i am honest one of the main reasons is... i want to get a season ticket for carrow road!! - i mean surely she won''t mind the commute with me to london at 6 40 am everyday monday to friday just so i can see norwich play? oh and the cheap house of course! 

All day i think about football... read everything to do with football... even looked into becoming an agent until Lee Power really put me off! ... still wish i followed that through though tbh... :(