Sign in to follow this  
Danny G

Matty Etherington v Darren Huckerby

IF we did sign Mr Etherington , who would you prefer to play on the left wing ?

I think / heard we might sign him and hope so

Well at his best, Darren Huckerby. Much better player.

Etherington would be a good signing. Worth a gamble, you might say.

Worth a gamble!! very funny.

Pointless thread though, it would have to be Etherington because Huckerby IS NOT A NORWICH PLAYER!!!!!

All is not well with Etherington right now and thats why West Ham are looking to offload a player who signed a 4 year contract in January.

[quote user="GJP"]

Well at his best, Darren Huckerby. Much better player.

Etherington would be a good signing. Worth a gamble, you might say.

[/quote]

Problem is that Hucks at his absolute best - which was excellent - is a thing of the past,  Yes he was ok in the final 6 games of the season, but imo not as good as he had been the season before.  Right now, with a straight choice of Hoolahan, Etherington or Hucks, they would be in the order I''ve written them.

[quote user="Sotoncanary"]

Pointless thread though, it would have to be Etherington because Huckerby IS NOT A NORWICH PLAYER!!!!!

[/quote]

And Etherington is a Norwich player????

ETHERINGTON WILL NOT SIGN for goodness sake people we are a small championship club (at best)

i would put you top 12 for size at least in our league

etherington would be good signing but could see team like birmingham, fulham, stoke taking him before norwich

Maybe he''s coming on loan as part of a rehabilitation kinda thing, like Adriano''s doing, but for different reasons, and with different benefits. I.E adriano is homesick after his dad died, ethrington has a load of money he''s been careless with and it has effected his game, so his good relationship with roeder might help him sort his problems out with a year here. Just a thought, please don''t get too carried away with my analogy comparing him to adriano!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Maybe he''s coming on loan as part of a rehabilitation kinda thing, like Adriano''s doing, but for different reasons, and with different benefits. I.E adriano is homesick after his dad died, ethrington has a load of money he''s been careless with and it has effected his game, so his good relationship with roeder might help him sort his problems out with a year here. Just a thought, please don''t get too carried away with my analogy comparing him to adriano![/quote]

I''m drunk, what are you on about?

Problem is that Hucks at his absolute best - which was excellent - is a thing of the past,  Yes he was ok in the final 6 games of the season - Branston Pickle

Why do you Huckerby haters all assume this season in which he played injured most of the time is all he is capable of?  There have been advances in sports medicine since the 1970s. 

As you say, he was fine in the last 6 games, when his injury problem was waning.  Imagine how good he will be in September after his surgery and proper time to recover without being forced into games out of desperation.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

As you say, he was fine in the last 6 games, when his injury problem was waning.  Imagine how good he will be in September after his surgery and proper time to recover without being forced into games out of desperation.

[/quote]No, he was nowhere near as good as 2003-4... or 2004-5... or 2005-6... It''s hard to explain to someone who doesn''t see the games, but Hucks was clearly past his peak and had gone from talisman to a merely decent left winger.

[quote user="we8wba"]

ETHERINGTON WILL NOT SIGN for goodness sake people we are a small championship club (at best)

i would put you top 12 for size at least in our league

etherington would be good signing but could see team like birmingham, fulham, stoke taking him before norwich

[/quote]

Wolves are a top 15 club in this league in terms of size