Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Roeder's "Nice surprise"

After reading an interview with Roeder last month, he said he would have a nice surprise for Norwich fans around the 25 of may, which is this sunday. Can anyone else remember this and have any guesses what the surprise could be?????

He didn''t say around the 25th May he was using a metaphor about Christmas as saying that on the 25th December there is often a nice surprise. He did however say we may get a nice surprise. I am guessing he means either Etherington or Hoolihan

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]A nice surprise would be if he announced that he was leaving and taking the three Ds (Delia, Doomcaster and Donkerty) with him.[/quote]

oh yea that would really help[:@]

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]A nice surprise would be if he announced that he was leaving and taking the three Ds (Delia, Doomcaster and Donkerty) with him.[/quote]

Get in there!.................nice post mate.[Y]

[quote user="colneycanary"]After reading an interview with Roeder last month, he said he would have a nice surprise for Norwich fans around the 25 of may, which is this sunday. Can anyone else remember this and have any guesses what the surprise could be?????[/quote]

If I can be a little cynical for a moment, when do the new shirts come out ?  I''d imagine the club can make more money with big names to go on the back of those shirts.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Get in there!.................nice post mate.[Y]

[/quote]

Yawn.

[quote user="we8wba"]

maybe the nice suprise was the appointment of a new gk coach?

[/quote]

if it was then its more of a tame surprise than a nice one

what happened to the rumoured news conference yesterday announcing the signing of Taylor that so many predicted?

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

These sort of posts of yours are why you piss people off.

could I just ask people to refrain from swearing, we are no longer moderated but I do know that if this continues many posters will leave. I have noticed that on many threads the language has got very poor recently.

Oh dear - what a plonker.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]could I just ask people to refrain from swearing, we are no longer moderated but I do know that if this continues many posters will leave. I have noticed that on many threads the language has got very poor recently.[/quote]

would you like me to change my avatar?

[quote user="Salahuddin"]could I just ask people to refrain from swearing[/quote]What?! Forget the fact that you don''t have to wait hours for your post to be shown, the main benefit of our unmoderated forum is the fact that you can slip in the odd naughty word. Go on have a good swear, you''ll feel much better [;)]

fun you, you funning earhole........

why are you such a boring muddy funster??

Seriously, im sure we dont all need to swear but ''tis no big deal if anyone does eh?

So .... in conclusion

buck fu yitch!

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]I think you might be spot on there we8wba lol, mind you I thought it might have been the appointment of an under 14''s coach, so if  the gk coach theory is correct, it''s already exceeded my expectations!

Hate to use other clubs, but remember QPR''s "day the fans will remember for the rest of their lives" which was supposed to be zidane appointed as manager?It was a new badge.  Hype means nothing nowadays.

I am ok with asterisk swearing, or swearing if this is a 16+ forum or something, but mods (if you are still even alive) why is there no filter installed on this forum?  Its BASIC forum management thesdays.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

These sort of posts of yours are why you piss people off.

[/quote]

[quote user="6088m canary"]

fun you, you funning earhole........

why are you such a boring muddy funster??

Seriously, im sure we dont all need to swear but ''tis no big deal if anyone does eh?

So .... in conclusion

buck fu yitch!

[/quote]

I''m not!!!!!  I''m far from boring you ......pimhole!

Returning to the topic of the "nice surprise" interview, at the time I thought it was a bid for Bertrand - which would qualify as a surprise only if we were buying him, as repeating the loan can''t be a surprise.     Roeder made the comment in the context of Hucks'' departure and talked of two players he had in mind, one who played there (presumably Hooligan) and one who "can play there".   My impression at the time was that the one who "can play there" was the nice surprise.   If we''d bought Betrand, who can undoubtedly play there, and indeed began there for us last season, that would have been a nice surprise indeed.     If that''s right and that was what Roeder was hoping to do then presumably the asking price was too high or Roeder''s budget too low and we''ve had to settle for a loan.   Though, of course, if we have him on loan and it goes well, and if perchance some investment were magically to appear from somewhere ,then perhaps we''d revisit an outright purchase.

Perhaps Glenns nice suprise was to leave a little poo on Delias chair before leaving for Devon, he''s such an adorable little puppy.[quote user="Empty Mirror"]Returning to the topic of the "nice surprise" interview, at the time I thought it was a bid for Bertrand - which would qualify as a surprise only if we were buying him, as repeating the loan can''t be a surprise.     Roeder made the comment in the context of Hucks'' departure and talked of two players he had in mind, one who played there (presumably Hooligan) and one who "can play there".   My impression at the time was that the one who "can play there" was the nice surprise.   If we''d bought Betrand, who can undoubtedly play there, and indeed began there for us last season, that would have been a nice surprise indeed.     If that''s right and that was what Roeder was hoping to do then presumably the asking price was too high or Roeder''s budget too low and we''ve had to settle for a loan.   Though, of course, if we have him on loan and it goes well, and if perchance some investment were magically to appear from somewhere ,then perhaps we''d revisit an outright purchase.[/quote]