Sign in to follow this  
ca

Canaries tie up new deal with property developers

The board must think we''re all rich to be able to buy properties abroad to make them some more money.

Guess also that this little project didn''t have to wait until we''re mathmatically safe like the player''s contracts, og sorry I forgot football comes second to other business ventures doesn''t it?

[quote user="cityangel"]

The board must think we''re all rich to be able to buy properties abroad to make them some more money.

Guess also that this little project didn''t have to wait until we''re mathmatically safe like the player''s contracts, og sorry I forgot football comes second to other business ventures doesn''t it?

[/quote]

What about starting a scheme like this just when the credit crunch starts to bite?

Talk about missing the boat!!!!!!

It''s par for the course with this bunch of idiots in charge.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

What about starting a scheme like this just when the credit crunch starts to bite?

Talk about missing the boat!!!!!!

It''s par for the course with this bunch of idiots in charge.

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]And just how much has/will this cost I wonder?[/quote]

It''s supposed to make money, that''s the point. And as for the credit crunch, that only affects normal people, what with the Government putting £50bn into the Banks I''m sure that there is someone with a few quid extra to spend now.

Maybe the owner of the company is about to pump mega millions into the club to get us out of the sticky situation we are in and this scheme is just the beginning, no harm in dreaming.

[quote user="Mister Positive"]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Every day, I''m starting to see Mr Chase in a different, more favourable light.[/quote]

Must be an age thing Wiz, fading memory etc LOL

[/quote]

What age thing Mr P?.[;)]

Foreign property, especially in places like Bulgaria, Croatia, Romania and Turkey is a booming industry.  I am not sure this venture is aimed at the likes of us, more the property developers who are looking to move their business from the UK to somewhere where there is a little more profit potential.

Potentially a nice little money spinner thats non-reliant of football performance.  As much as I support these types of ventures it is going to be wearing a bit thin if the squad isn''t vastly improved for next season.

Could be for the benfit of the players who need to spend their dosh somewhere and then relax after 20 minutes hard work between 4.05 and 4.25pm on a saturday afternoon.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Every day, I''m starting to see Mr Chase in a different, more favourable light.[/quote]Yeah, a deal which doesn''t cost the club anything and might make some money. Sack the Board and bring back Chase.Give it up, Wiz, it makes you look ridiculous.

So using your logic Dicky - something that doesn''t make the club money shouldn''t be pursued. Huh!, and there was me wondering why the club has a such a lack of interest in FOOTBALL - all makes sense now.........

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"][quote user="1st Wizard"]Every day, I''m starting to see Mr Chase in a different, more favourable light.[/quote]

Yeah, a deal which doesn''t cost the club anything and might make some money. Sack the Board and bring back Chase.

Give it up, Wiz, it makes you look ridiculous.
[/quote]

Sorry Robert, no, I won''t give it up.

I''d prefer our number one priority to be the team, not real estate!.[:|]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"][quote user="1st Wizard"]Every day, I''m starting to see Mr Chase in a different, more favourable light.[/quote]Yeah, a deal which doesn''t cost the club anything and might make some money. Sack the Board and bring back Chase.Give it up, Wiz, it makes you look ridiculous.[/quote]

[/quote]You mean like when Chase bought a load of land and property and sold our best players? Sounds like he definatly had the team at No.1 proirity

[quote user="astrodyne"]So using your logic Dicky - something that doesn''t make the club money shouldn''t be pursued. Huh!, and there was me wondering why the club has a such a lack of interest in FOOTBALL - all makes sense now.........[/quote]

Now your logic is warped.  That is not what I said at all.  If it makes money for the club then what harm does it do.  What a ridiculous response.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"][quote user="1st Wizard"]Every day, I''m starting to see Mr Chase in a different, more favourable light.[/quote]

Yeah, a deal which doesn''t cost the club anything and might make some money. Sack the Board and bring back Chase.

Give it up, Wiz, it makes you look ridiculous.
[/quote]

[/quote]

You, and everyone else moaning about this idea, are not making sense. It''s a non-risk, money-making venture which does not impact on the team at all. What exactly is there to complain about?

Surely the opposite to your statement Dicky, is that if it doesn''t make money for the club then it does harm?

The club has probably employed a non-playing person to negotiate this deal. What does that person do for the rest of the year? By the time these non-playing people are paid, their offices are lit and refurbished once in awhile - said profit for the club is negligable - probably in the red. The club should stick to FOOTBALL, the thing it once did best.

1st Wizard wrote the following post at 24/04/2008 11:37 AM:

Every day, I''m starting to see Mr Chase in a different, more favourable light.

Wiz, Maybe you should try laser treatment im told its very good

[quote user="astrodyne"]

Surely the opposite to your statement Dicky, is that if it doesn''t make money for the club then it does harm?

The club has probably employed a non-playing person to negotiate this deal. What does that person do for the rest of the year? By the time these non-playing people are paid, their offices are lit and refurbished once in awhile - said profit for the club is negligable - probably in the red. The club should stick to FOOTBALL, the thing it once did best.

[/quote]

Try actually reading the article and you will actually see that there is a team already in place that deals with these type of activities;

"It is also the latest in a line of affinity products offered by the club, including the Canary Account, Canary Financial Advice Service, Travel Norwich City, Npower Canary Energy, RAC Motor Breakdown Cover, the Canary Mastercard and Canary Corporate Insurance.

Last year the club received more than £400,000 from its brand affinity partnerships."

[quote user="astrodyne"]

[/quote]

Yeah, your logic gets more bizarre.  What an absolute load of old tosh.  Why on earth would the club do something like this for a loss?  Any money coming into the club from commercial ventures is good news for the club and essential in this day and age. 

It''ll be making money for someone or something.......not necessarily pumped into the squad......but, other necessities may benefit - of that I''m sure....

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="astrodyne"]

[/quote]

Yeah, your logic gets more bizarre.  What an absolute load of old tosh.  Why on earth would the club do something like this for a loss?  Any money coming into the club from commercial ventures is good news for the club and essential in this day and age. 

[/quote]

Have you ever wondered why the more the club get involved with these sorts of operations, the more income they seem to need to break even?  And the people simply assuming these ventures are guaranteed to make money are naive and understand nothing about business.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Dicky"][quote user="astrodyne"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Have you ever wondered why the more the club get involved with these sorts of operations, the more income they seem to need to break even?  And the people simply assuming these ventures are guaranteed to make money are naive and understand nothing about business.

[/quote]

Mr. Carrow, I think what''s naive is to assume what others may or may not know about business without facts at hand, and I think it''s, at best, naive on your part ( at worst devious ) to question that such ventures do not make money ( unless you have evidence that they do not ), particularly when there are a number of Premiership clubs that have pursued virtually the same kind of initiatives. Adding items on to your anti Norwich Board list just because you can only serves to weaken any credibility you may establish by the use of valid points.    

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Dicky"][quote user="astrodyne"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

"Last year the club received more than £400,000 from its brand affinity partnerships"

That will be monopoly money then?