Sign in to follow this  
aka_riise

AVIVA WILL be NCFC's new sponsor

not sure, but it will be announced internal to NU this afternoon, so i guess will be made official by the club around the same time.

if true this sounds good:

"Aviva is the world''s fifth-largest insurance group and the biggest in the UK. We are one of the leading providers of life and pensions products in Europe and have substantial businesses elsewhere around the world."

Too late - they burnt their bridges as far as I''m concerned when they got into bed with ITFC. It would have to be an EXCEPTIONAL deal combined with a lot of face saving on their part for me to feel comfortable about it.   

So what do we think of this in terms of finance? Massive global company, Top 20 FTSE company, there may be a big pay day behind it. Certainly better than anything else we''ve had in the past. I''m personally very excited by it.

any news on length of deals etc?

when do we expect the home and away kit to be released then?

It''s all linked. Tthe move to sponsoring us as AVIVA is good business, as fears will be eased easier this way, and met with less skeptisism.

Are we sure its not just a rebranding/renewal of the community stand sponsorship?  Thats sounds more plausible??

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

[quote user="Gingembre"]Hope you''re all right.tick tock tick tock......[/quote]

Trust me Ginge...Announcement is now happening. Just 55 mins till it goes to press.

[/quote]Excellent stuff, hope it''s on a nice Nike/Adidas kit too

[quote user="Gingembre"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

[quote user="Gingembre"]Hope you''re all right.
tick tock tick tock......
[/quote]

Trust me Ginge...Announcement is now happening. Just 55 mins till it goes to press.

[/quote]

Excellent stuff, hope it''s on a nice Nike/Adidas kit too
[/quote]

seconded

[quote user="aka_riise"]So what do we think of this in terms of finance? Massive global company, Top 20 FTSE company, there may be a big pay day behind it. Certainly better than anything else we''ve had in the past. I''m personally very excited by it.[/quote]I wouldnt get too excited.  They wont be pumping millions in, the company has been on a cost saving drive for months and lost millions last year due to the floods.   I should know, I have to work there everyday.Expect NCFC to start its offshoring process by end of 2008.

How much do you think it will cost them to sponsor us and will this involve other deals with them?

With regards to the kit, I still like the Pompey kit by Canterbury, although not too tight thou. Us round people don''t like the skin tight tops......

Yes you are right, as do I work there too. BUT, the impact that the re-brand will have on the city will be diluted by AVIVA supporting local initiatives, aka NCFC. So my theory is that if they are seen to be supportive in this way, its money well spent, and hopefully there will be plenty of it.  

[quote user="canaries in Bed"]

How much do you think it will cost them to sponsor us and will this involve other deals with them?

With regards to the kit, I still like the Pompey kit by Canterbury, although not too tight thou. Us round people don''t like the skin tight tops......

[/quote]

think pompey got some kind of deal to ensure canterbury was exclusive to them.

And sponsoring NCFC does not fit with a sponsorship profile of wide spread TV coverage covering a cross section of social classes but predominantly ABC1 groups.  

If they do sponsor us it will not mean a mega bucks deal, but priced appropriately for a mid table champs club;   if they wanted to pay mega bucks it would go to someone that would provide a far greater exposure,  ie midtable + premier club.

As I said,  the more I think about it the more I am convinced this is about renewing the community stand sponsorship...

[quote user="Polar"][quote user="canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Does not make a lot of business sense if that is true. Surely the idea for them would be to get in to the lucrative football market and be open to other teams too. If so, we should have a kit company that will design a very good kit, not like the last 3 or so kits. I still want the milk cup kit.

[quote user="canaries in Bed"][quote user="Polar"][quote user="canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Does not make a lot of business sense if that is true. Surely the idea for them would be to get in to the lucrative football market and be open to other teams too. If so, we should have a kit company that will design a very good kit, not like the last 3 or so kits. I still want the milk cup kit.

[/quote]

i agree but i''m sure i read about it somewhere when pompey released it.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

And sponsoring NCFC does not fit with a sponsorship profile of wide spread TV coverage covering a cross section of social classes but predominantly ABC1 groups.  

If they do sponsor us it will not mean a mega bucks deal, but priced appropriately for a mid table champs club;   if they wanted to pay mega bucks it would go to someone that would provide a far greater exposure,  ie midtable + premier club.

As I said,  the more I think about it the more I am convinced this is about renewing the community stand sponsorship...

[/quote]

Keep an eye on the news, the shirt announcement will come......

[quote user="aka_riise"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

care to elaborate?

[quote user="Polar"][quote user="aka_riise"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

care to elaborate?

[/quote]

well i am presuming alot, but aviva are ''renewing and extending their ties to NCFC'', which to me seems logical seeing our current state with one deal ending (flybe), one being renewed and extended

I hope im right

ok, but do you know anything of shirt deals and such like, when the announcement will be made?

[quote user="Polar"]ok, but do you know anything of shirt deals and such like, when the announcement will be made?[/quote]

no sorry, there will be an anouncement today though, so keep an eye on the news sites.