Sign in to follow this  
aka_riise

AVIVA WILL be NCFC's new sponsor

[quote user="Wings"]

http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1300844,00.html

Official confirmation - apparently the deal is worth a substantial 7 figure sum. But even more exciting is what appears to be the home kit and home goalkeeper jersey for next season in that video!

[/quote]

Problem is it doesnt elaborate on the 7 figure sum, that could be 1,000,000 over 3 years or could be 1mill a year

though the whole thing sounds like a PR stunt

smoothing over dropping the NU name and moving jobs out of the city

erm.. before we all get excited lets take a moment to think just what AVIVA have done for this city, its employment, local peoples jobs and dignity and what they have done for Ipswich town FC...

I will not be buying the new shirt.. Aviva know what they can go and do!

jas :)

Anyone know how much this deal is worth please?

Presume NU have had a guilty conscience after saving them down the road?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Official SMS said a substantial seven figure sum.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Companies the size of AVIVA don''t have guilty consciences. My view is this is purely to provide some positive news on the day they announce the famous Norwich Union brand is to be no more.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

erm.. before we all get excited lets take a moment to think just what AVIVA have done for this city, its employment, local peoples jobs and dignity and what they have done for Ipswich town FC...

[/quote]

Its still the biggest employer in the City Jase.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

If you want to be childish. I couldn''t care less what they have done previously for Ipswich, if they''re putting cash into my club and not creating further debt for us then all good IMO.

[quote user="Wings"]

If you want to be childish. I couldn''t care less what they have done previously for Ipswich, if they''re putting cash into my club and not creating further debt for us then all good IMO.

[/quote]

I''m pleased the club are getting some much needed money but I won''t ever forgive NU for turning their backs on us and helping our rivals out.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Wings"]

[/quote]

I''m pleased the club are getting some much needed money but I won''t ever forgive NU for turning their backs on us and helping our rivals out.

[/quote]

CA....

Aviva is the parent company....under them are various subs'' ie NU, RAC and Morley. The latter were the ones responsible for working with the Binners not NU.

[quote user="Wings"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fair point Wings but just a few weeks / months back this message board was packed with fans hammering NU / AVIVA / Morley for wiping off much of ITFC debt (effectively) by selling it to MEI at cut price. Fans were up in arms saying......''disgraceful'' ''how dare they'' '' I''m going to cancel all my NU policies'' etc. etc. 

Now that NU are putting money into us everything is fantastic with them is it?? Sounds like hypocrisy to me.  

What a ridiculous response, Aviva employ about 8,000 people in the City, and as a former employee I don''t have a bad word to say about them.

Nice new shirt, like it a lot!

I can see why you might think that, YR but honestly I think Aviva''s acitivity with ITFC was just business. They gave Ipswich a loan, saw that it wasn''t going to be paid and sold it off to someone - happens every day with money lenders.

This is sponsorship - they are paying us to be on our shirts and in the stadium and they are a massive part of Norwich. It''s about time they started working closer with the football club.

[quote user="Greenwich Canary"]

What a ridiculous response, Aviva employ about 8,000 people in the City, and as a former employee I don''t have a bad word to say about them.

[/quote]

Thought they moved a lot of staff to  Glasgow, Sheffield, Cambridge, Perth, Newcastle, Eastleigh, Stevenage, Bristol, Worthing, Belfast and Birmingham and to India, plus they made 850 redundant last Sept, would be surprised if its half the figure you quote but I''m sure an exising NU employee can put me right.

Apparently the biggest sponsorship deal the club has signed which has to be good news.

Is it a matching of ambitions?   AIG sponsor Manure,  Aviva NCFC?

Like any multinational organization Aviva are always going to be switching jobs away from the city, making people redundant etc, it''s a fact of life. However, they''re not a bad company to work for and without them Norwich would literally be a much poorer city to live in, so it''s good that they''re finally putting something into the football club. Shame about the name going after so many hundreds of years, but that''s marketeers and branding experts for you.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Greenwich Canary"]

[/quote]

Thought they moved a lot of staff to  Glasgow, Sheffield, Cambridge, Perth, Newcastle, Eastleigh, Stevenage, Bristol, Worthing, Belfast and Birmingham and to India, plus they made 850 redundant last Sept, would be surprised if its half the figure you quote but I''m sure an exising NU employee can put me right.

[/quote]

I believe its just under 7000 now which still makes it the citys biggest employer.Im happy with the deal esp as some benefits are going to be announced for staff!

[quote user="Wings"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

not being childish.. just stating fact....

It''s really quite a blatant and cynical move by Aviva, but very cunning in an obvious way I suppose!Still, if it gives Glen a bit more to spend then I''m all for it...

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Greenwich Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I believe its just under 7000 now which still makes it the citys biggest employer.Im happy with the deal esp as some benefits are going to be announced for staff!

[/quote]

like a new pinebanks?

You''ll probably get a free drink at the company xmas party.. in timbuktoo!

here here.

Lets be happy for once on a day which see''s our earning potential further rise!

Bit dissappointed by kit, was hoping we''d move to a bigger kit sponsor, looks too similar to the proton kit we had a couple of years ago!

I shall be digging out my 25ftx25ft Aviva flag for Shef Wed next week!!

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

.Im happy with the deal esp as some benefits are going to be announced for staff!

[/quote]

Don''t suppose you''ll be getting a discount for Pinebanks though will you?

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Apparently the biggest sponsorship deal the club has signed which has to be good news.

Is it a matching of ambitions?    Aviva NCFC? [/quote]

Let''s be positive: the deal should help Aviva with some PR as they prepare to ditch the NU name but it is good news for the club given our rocky season. What''s more Aviva already has the green and yellow in its logo - we could be made for each other. A good song to link the two and we could become permanently linked...both Evans and Lappin must come back: Evansaviva! Lappinaviva ! Aviva City!