Sign in to follow this  
Misery Guts

New signing potentially at 2pm

AS you see i dont post much but i`m always looking at this board, but i must comment on GR`s way of doing buisness

I think you should all relax till the the deals done, lets be honest, GR has done well since hes been here so why start to doubt him now. He knows what hes doing, hes proven that but getting us off the bottom, lets just wait till hes got something to say as you know as well as i, hes not going to tell us who hes got lined up till he reveal him (or them), As GR said hes not going to pay over the odds for a plater or six who cant do the job. I for one like how he does his transfiers, by saying he HOPE to have two players here but friday, OK now its one whos THINKING over the move. least hes letting you know whats going on.

One more point, GR knows if he brings someone here on a long deal and turns out rubbish, its down to him, so what you do to give them a trial, get them on loan !!!! that way you see how they work out in your club, i admire GR as now thats one thing no ones done that i can remember here before. well done GR and the board will back him i have no doubt, for perm deals, just GR is looking and waiting to see how loan deals work out. 

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="Salahuddin"]

er so its 2.15 now, anything?

Or do we go from 2 players in before Sat to none!

I wonder if Glenn has finally discovered that crucial thing which plagued PG and NW, players just don''t want to come to Delia''s Little Norwich!

[/quote]

.......what does Delia have to do with it? Delia can''t go out and build Nightclubs, Shopping centres, etc. Everything about the football setup is good to excellent she can not change the location of it though.

[/quote]

Lets face it, Delia has become the face of Norwich, you mention Norwich to anyone and they say Delia, they refer to the drunken rant and ultimately for better or worse the way she has marketed NCFC is how it is percieved. Little!

[quote user="Salahuddin"][quote user="bunny"][quote user="Salahuddin"]

er so its 2.15 now, anything?

Or do we go from 2 players in before Sat to none!

I wonder if Glenn has finally discovered that crucial thing which plagued PG and NW, players just don''t want to come to Delia''s Little Norwich!

[/quote]

.......what does Delia have to do with it? Delia can''t go out and build Nightclubs, Shopping centres, etc. Everything about the football setup is good to excellent she can not change the location of it though.

[/quote]

Lets face it, Delia has become the face of Norwich, you mention Norwich to anyone and they say Delia, they refer to the drunken rant and ultimately for better or worse the way she has marketed NCFC is how it is percieved. Little!

[/quote]

Tis true Im afraid. Everytime I mention to someone at uni that im a norwich fan the first thing that gets mentioned is Delia. Anytime we are ok sky or BBC, or in the tabloids, she gets mentioned over and over again. So although your right she can do nothing about the area, she is definitely the face of Norwich city as far as the rest of the country goes.

It is true. I heard a small section of the Bury support chanting "Lets be having you" at Tuesdays match. We were loosing 2 nil at the time as well to rub it in.

I have heard that Delia has a new program airing this year on the beeb where she will devote certain parts to her affiliation with Norwich FC. Hopefully she will come across as being the lovely lady she is and change people negative perceptions.........She loves the club just as much as each and every one of us.

[quote user="jimmy500"]Getting on for 2.30 now and still nothing.  I am giving until 3 before I log off very disappointed.....[/quote]

Well if Glenn has said he is expecting a phone call at 2, that means the player is not in norwich right now. presumably if he has said yes he will now be travelling down for a press conference. So dont expect any news until around 4 at the earliest id suggest.

If hes said no then dont know what they are waiting for... But shall see

Christ!

I''ve the nails bitten off me!!!!!

The suspense is killing me!

Has nobody got the slightest clue who this Caped Mistery Man is.

There must be a song in this at least.

"Here he come to save the Day!"

"Who!?!"

"I Dunno! You tell Me!"

"Oh HIM!, Never rated him!"

OTBC[:|]

[quote user="I Roeder"]

Christ!

I''ve the nails bitten off me!!!!!

The suspense is killing me!

Has nobody got the slightest clue who this Caped Mistery Man is.

There must be a song in this at least.

"Here he come to save the Day!"

"Who!?!"

"I Dunno! You tell Me!"

"Oh HIM!, Never rated him!"

OTBC[:|]

[/quote]Well it''s nearly 4pm and nothing has happened, I predicted at the start of the day that there would be no signing and I''m dissapointed to find I''m right. I doubt there will be any signings next week either, my prediction is only one signing most likely a striker in the final days leading up to the close of the transfer window. I think it is also likely that the American GK will join us, but I''m feeling positive that Marshall won''t be going anywhere.

We''re all DOOMED!!!!

Lighten up people. Let''s wait to see what ACTUALLY happens before we all top ourselves shall we?

[quote user="Salahuddin"]......

......for better or worse the way she has marketed NCFC is how it is percieved. Little!

[/quote]And when were we massive? Did I miss something? Its a small club and all the better for it...... Get over it.

Yet another weeks goes by when we have signed?  That''s right, no one.  Ok Ok we''ve had loans come in and one permanent, but with all the players being shipped out and none replacing it makes me wonder what the hell is going on?

Loan players are ok, they do you a turn, but would be so much nicer to give the fans a couple more permanent players.  We have one, now we are hungry for more.

TBH I wished Roeder had never even given a hint of a possible player coming in, talk about give fans false hope, and all this on the day it''s announced the season tickets are to go up again, shock-horror!!!!

I think GR has done a fabulous job so far with bringing in players, albeit most are on loan.

So what if we get towards the end of the month and there are still no signs of players coming in?  Well I personally will be majorly disappointed, verging on angry.

How the board do in this window will decide whether myself and my better half renew the season tickets.

Wouldnt it have been more useful to have said nothing about 2pm.........until something concrete had happened?......How many people wasted the afternoon looking for something?......

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="Salahuddin"]......

......for better or worse the way she has marketed NCFC is how it is percieved. Little!

[/quote]

And when were we massive? Did I miss something? Its a small club and all the better for it...... Get over it.
[/quote]

A small club with the biggest support in our league. Inconvenient but true.

[quote user="Bongo Boy"]Wouldnt it have been more useful to have said nothing about 2pm.........until something concrete had happened?......How many people wasted the afternoon looking for something?......[/quote]

Have to agree Bongo, Glen is a fans favourite but raising false hopes will not do him any favours. He mentioned 2 in this week, there was a comment about Murrey not  going till we had a replacement and now this afternoons fiasco.

I am a big Roeder fan but I dont want to see him damaging his cred. with statements like these.