Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

Barnsley (A)

It was a crucial game on the back of Lappins last minute winner at Luton last season and could prove to be just as critical this year.

Will we come away from Oakwell with another unexpected but fantastic display and welcome victory this time around???

[quote user="Smudger"]

It was a crucial game on the back of Lappins last minute winner at Luton last season and could prove to be just as critical this year.

Will we come away from Oakwell with another unexpected but fantastic display and welcome victory this time around???

[/quote]

''Unexpected''

?

Barnsley are un-predictable. They''ve beaten both WBA and Watford this season. Who knows what''s going to happen this time around.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Not sure it would be fully unexpected, although they have a fairly decent home record this season. The boys should be up for it though, bit of a point to prove after the Bury performance. Almost feel the game has come a bit early though, get the feeling Roeder has got some signings up his sleeve in the coming days.

Barnsley are very good at home and giving debuts to two new players.  We''re crap away from home, but improving.

I''m going for yet another pools panel 1-1 draw, Dublin the scorer.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]Are you going to be in Barnsley to protest then Smudger?Thought not. [:D]

Today''s game would be fantastic to win, but a defeat is far from the end of the world - there are 20 games left, after all, and Barnsley are a decent side who were in the top six only a handful of games ago (...but I can just see the posts if we lose today!). 

Luton last season was ''critical'' as they were in deeper trouble than we were.  It is our next two home games which were always going to be more important: winning and taking points off the sides around you is the key - for example, if we won today and lost to Leicester we''d be in a worse position than if it was the other way round. 

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Barnsley look better than last year so I will be more than pleased if we can get a point.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Barnsley look better than last year so I will be more than pleased if we can get a point.

[/quote]

Agree with that, even more so now that they are one nil up. They look an ok side at home, I think they have only lost one at home all season. 3 points would be delightful though.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

How refreshing to see you discussing football, Smudger. Long may it continue. The football''s better under Roeder and we look a much better outfit. I really recommend that you get yourself down to Carrow Road next week for the Leicester game, and cheer the boys on - you might enjoy it. Then go and have a go at the board afterwards, especially if we haven''t made any signings by then.

Happy New Year.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

How refreshing to see you discussing football, Smudger. Long may it continue. The football''s better under Roeder and we look a much better outfit. I really recommend that you get yourself down to Carrow Road next week for the Leicester game, and cheer the boys on - you might enjoy it. Then go and have a go at the board afterwards, especially if we haven''t made any signings by then.

Happy New Year.

[/quote]

But he''s a Leicester lad isn''t he? So therefore i''m not sure who he''d support.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

3-1 at the moment, and wasn''t unexpected to some of us. Nothing to do with hindsight though.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]i''d settle for a draw - but footy is often a game of 2 halfs. 

[/quote]

"Often a game of two halfs?! It''s pretty standard for the referee to play the match in two halfs isn''t it?

Sorry mate, couldnt resist! Lol.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Happy New Year.

[/quote]

This IS a bit of a nice change, Smudger. Have you made a New Years resolution to be a bit more positive in 2008 ? Even the team obliged with a 3-1 win.....

Even Cluck  - who has now mysteriously disappeared from this site - started to mellow towards the end.

All you need to do now is take Robert Lim''s advice and get down to Carrow Road. Then, with any luck, you''ll see the improvement Glenn Roeder''s brought to the team.