Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

Absolute priority

a - striker who can actually take chances. Please GR, before the end of January, get us a striker who can score. We can''t go on being so profligate with chances!

Couldn''t agree more!

Martin and Jarvis were awful and Cureton is lacking confidence!

I''ll drive to Newcastle to get Shola Ameobi if we sign him!

how about david connolly?

here he is leaving sunderland, always scored at this level, be cheapish

only disadvantage is his age and he is kind similar to cureton

And absolute priority to get Tiny too after hearing what they said about the defending for there goal.

Another thought, if we are selling Lewis to Posh, then can we not try and get Mclean off them? We do need a goalscorer, but as we know, they cost a fair bit, to be honest, I think we need to buy and not loan, but saying that if we managed to get someone like Nugent, Earny etc, then I would be happy.

Yup, we are badly in need of at least one striker.

Chris Martin and Ryan Jarvis both lack pace and strength and don''t bring enough to the game. Martin has a few nice touches to be fair to him but he''s not enough of a threat.

Jamie Cureton is a decent little player who will grab you a few goals but he''s not good enough if Norwich want to start making a genuine attempt to be nearer top than bottom. He''s been guilty of too many dreadful misses this season.

Brown and Strihavka aren''t good enough and look like they''re both out of the picture. Wouldn''t be surprised if Brown was sorting out his move today.

The only one with genuine quality is Dion Dublin and he''s not exactly one for the future...

Although he had gone a few games without a goal I think Ched Evans would have scored 2 or 3 today, no problem.

[quote user="biggleyellow"]

And absolute priority to get Tiny too after hearing what they said about the defending for there goal.

Another thought, if we are selling Lewis to Posh, then can we not try and get Mclean off them? We do need a goalscorer, but as we know, they cost a fair bit, to be honest, I think we need to buy and not loan, but saying that if we managed to get someone like Nugent, Earny etc, then I would be happy.

[/quote]

nugent deffo wont leave pompey, africian nations cup means he will get a chance at least

earnie worth a shot, but will he want to drop to midtable side? can you afford the fee? i myself think he''ll go to charlton for some reason if they ditch mcleod or palace as everyone knows warnock loves a striker

the best place for him would be sheffutd to be fair him alongside beattie would work well

maclean im v.suprised no teams come in for, heard on radio he scored 21goals already. also said whu were in for him. but 1st team football would be attraction to you. he came out and said he wants to get p''boro promoted 1st the other week, but we all know money talks. if there is a chance you need to get in early i believe

Strange how when we had Earnie we created little but he scored loads...now we are creating a bit more, we can''t score.

Ameobi would be a goalmachine at this level and would be better for Cureton.

yep agreed. definately need a striker. I hearda pundit (Alan Hansen or someone cant remember exactly who) saying a team cannot be successul if they have no striker with pace upfront. and it made me think about us, all of our strikers are so slow... definately need a pacey striker.

[quote user="ipswichrscum"]yep agreed. definately need a striker. I hearda pundit (Alan Hansen or someone cant remember exactly who) saying a team cannot be successul if they have no striker with pace upfront. and it made me think about us, all of our strikers are so slow... definately need a pacey striker.[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more!

The trouble with our strikers is that they all lack pace. This means opposition teams can push upto the halfway line knowing that we cannot hurt them with balls over the top. This then highlights our lack of someone to get their foot on the ball in the middle of the park to dictate the game. When we had Earnie teams would drop 20 yards deeper and this allowed the likes of Safri a bit of space in the middle of the park.

A striker with pace is an absolute must during this window.

yep curo adds another to his glaring miss collection - he should be 15 for the season shouldn''t he???and agreed that the boy looks better alongside a tall strike partner who can put chances his way.defo need tiny or another genuine centre back here.  yet another goal conceded at a set piece, and yet another free header 6 yards out.  defenceless in name and action. 

[/quote]

Yep"biggley" Spot on you lovely old boy .Mclean has pace to burn ,he is one of the fastest forwards I have seen , his first touch is not always good but I am sure that will come with time.I am sure he would score lots of goals for us , not only that but with his power in the air he would set up buckets of goals for Jamie.[Y] arrdee.

Rumours round the ground todays is that Earnies returning on loan very soon!

While I think alongside Dublin, Earnie could be very effective playing him up front alongside another ''shrimp'' like Cureton for instance would defeat the object!

Signing Earnie on loan doesn''t sound far fetched in the slightest cause he hasn''t cut it at the premierships poorest team so his next move will be o the Championship with or away from Derby but probably with.

Believe it when it happens not a moment before!

[/quote]

Believe me the whole barclay saw that one coming and screamed  at the defence in the hope they would realise the gaff before it was too late. Fell on deaf ears though.[:$]

The Great Escape, (Happy) "]Yes and there is an old boy, not in years, returning watch  this space next week

er, Crow, McVeigh, Sutton, Ekoku,Fash, Robins,Iwan,..........I''m stuck!

[quote user="The Great Escape "]Yes and there is an old boy, not in years, returning watch  this space next week.[/quote]

?????

Come on, don''t be shy, you know you want to ......

Anybody else care to guess?