Sign in to follow this  

[quote user="we Roeder luck"]

if you were only alowed to sign 1 player in this window who would ou sign and why??

[/quote]

Whaddya mean, ''IF''.........

Taylor.

Rowan Vine....

Not getting a look in at Brum... Not a target man so no hoofball... play it to his feet and he will score goals.. got a cracking shot from long range and can also play just off a target man if we did sign one, up front, or behind the top 2.

Good footballer too

jas :)

Definitely a striker;   our goals conceeded rate has slowed down and we are now creating chances for the strikers which are consistently being missed...

That does not mean we couldnt do with more options in midfield or greater competition at the back;  just goals will bring us points.. 

No doubt about it has to be martin taylor. We need someone at the back who is a proven player and not some foreigner who cant speak a word of english. Although iliev (or whatever it is) may be a good player we need someone who can communicate at the back and hold us together and i think that martin taylor has that in him.

Wiggle.

[quote user="Wiggle"]

No doubt about it has to be martin taylor. We need someone at the back who is a proven player and not some foreigner who cant speak a word of english. Although iliev (or whatever it is) may be a good player we need someone who can communicate at the back and hold us together and i think that martin taylor has that in him.

Wiggle.

[/quote]

I agree, but going on past history we''ll probably go for the cheap option which will cost us dear in the long run.

Martin Taylor gives the other players the confidence to do their jobs instead having to get back to cover somebodys error.

I suppose we''ve missed out on him now, but if we did get him i''d make him the captain too.   

[quote user="canarygeorge"][quote user="Wiggle"]

Wiggle.

[/quote]

I agree, but going on past history we''ll probably go for the cheap option which will cost us dear in the long run.

Martin Taylor gives the other players the confidence to do their jobs instead having to get back to cover somebodys error.

I suppose we''ve missed out on him now, but if we did get him i''d make him the captain too.   

[/quote]

Yeah, Looks like leicester are gonna get him as its easier for him to get to.

We have had ample time to get him, but as usual we cannot see the right option.

Just wish him the best of luck and i just hope all what ive just said is wrong and GR and the board get there finger''s out of there arse''s and get the bugger here.

[quote user="Wiggle"]

[/quote]We''ve already made a bid which was refused so how is thatnot ''seeing te right option''.Roeder made a valuation with the coaching staff. The board accepted the proposal but the valuation didn''t match Brums. The difference, apparently, was £250,000. Thats a house, not a weeks pocket money. Well done Roeder and the board for sticking to their guns. Glad some managers understand how football clubs are run ..... seems fans have no clue.I''ve £20k to buy a new car...... think I''ll make a bid for an Aston Martin, whadya reckon Wiggle?

[quote user="Wiggle"][quote user="canarygeorge"][quote user="Wiggle"]

Wiggle.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, Looks like leicester are gonna get him as its easier for him to get to.

Just wish him the best of luck and i just hope all what ive just said is wrong and GR and the board get there finger''s out of there arse''s and get the bugger here.

[/quote]

For once, this may not be the boards doing, I think and have heard that GR made the valueation and is sticking by that, is that because he has only a certain amount of money, or does he not rate Taylor that highly or even he is trying to play hardball with Brum, this will backfire thou and we will lose out, but at the end of the day, we have to trust GR judgement, he will have made the choice and he will have to standby that or get somone of equal quality.

a striker is priotity over a defender. we have shackell, doherty and dublin to play there, as for strikers who do we have???

cureton, brown, strihavka, martin, jarvis

you can''t honestly say that you would be happy to stick with those until the end of the season!!!

they are all rubbish, with the exception of cureton who at least scores a few, martin hasn''t scored this year and when jarvis has played he has been awful, as for brown and strihavka the less said the better

[quote user="Wiggle"]

Wiggle.

[/quote]It has to be said at this point that most Europeans can speak some English - they need to know how to insult us for a start.Add to that that all you really need to be able to say is "your man", "my man", "my(normally repaced with players name) ball" and "what the f*** ref - a foul, I will show you a b****y foul!" oh and "Doherty/Shackel wtf are you doing?".He should be fine with just those phrases.

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="Wiggle"]

[/quote]
We''ve already made a bid which was refused so how is thatnot ''seeing te right option''.

Roeder made a valuation with the coaching staff. The board accepted the proposal but the valuation didn''t match Brums. The difference, apparently, was £250,000. Thats a house, not a weeks pocket money. Well done Roeder and the board for sticking to their guns. Glad some managers understand how football clubs are run ..... seems fans have no clue.

I''ve £20k to buy a new car...... think I''ll make a bid for an Aston Martin, whadya reckon Wiggle?
[/quote]

FFS, we don''t need an Aston Martin, we need a decent Honda (Accord). They are simply very good and give you wonderful service year after year, FFS.

But we could do with a Pajero though to help out our buzzing Minis up front.

As for that clapped out Jag on the left wing, we''ll have to put it in the museum come May. Then, everybody can look at it whimsically and dream of those days of yore.

I better stop now as was getting rather too close to those Ladas and Vauxhall Wyverns, FFS.

And that one made in the Czech Republic - what''s the name again? Oh, FFS.

OTBC

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="Wiggle"]

[/quote]
We''ve already made a bid which was refused so how is thatnot ''seeing te right option''.

Roeder made a valuation with the coaching staff. The board accepted the proposal but the valuation didn''t match Brums. The difference, apparently, was £250,000. Thats a house, not a weeks pocket money. Well done Roeder and the board for sticking to their guns. Glad some managers understand how football clubs are run ..... seems fans have no clue.

I''ve £20k to buy a new car...... think I''ll make a bid for an Aston Martin, whadya reckon Wiggle?
[/quote]

Lol at what point then did i say we hadnt bid for him? Im merely saying that the right option is to get him here. That means getting the 250k from the Joe lewis possible deal or the chris brown possible deal.

And dont bother with aston martins you can do much better with 20k. Go for the whole hog and get a buggati?

[quote user="Wiggle"]

Lol at what point then did i say we hadnt bid for him? Im merely saying that the right option is to get him here. That means getting the 250k from the Joe lewis possible deal or the chris brown possible deal.

[/quote]It seems you''re assuming we''ve bid £x because thats all we have. Wrong. Its the principal of paying over the odds. Roeder has made his valuation and looks like sticking to it whilst he has options (several). When / if those options expire then the valuation may change - supply and demand.Its got absolutely nothing to do with raising the other £250k. We''ve got it. Its Roeders decision not to spend it (yet) on Taylor.Get it? Or am I completely missing your point...... and if you think I can do better than an Aston Martin for £20k then this thread is dead.