Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Undisclosed Fee's....

WHY? Angry [:@]

Why is it every time Norwich do a bit of business, we 99% of the time are left wondering how much money was involved in the deal. 

I can''t help thinking the boardroom are being elusive with deals because the cash generated from them always seems to disappear into the wilderness.  Every so often someone will post what they think our existing spending budget should be.

Does anyone know how much we paid for Pattison?

And can anyone give me a decent explanation why Norwich keep their business so ''cloak & dagger''?? 

[quote user="kick it off"]Roeder said Pattison''s fee was approaching 500k
[/quote]

For a player that had no future at his old club and was out of contract in the summer.

Given our transfer budget, I really hope it was not approaching 500k.

We''re just like mushrooms, being kept in the dark & fed a load of bull$h*t.

But i trust Glen Roeder to get the best use of the respect he has within the game, to get the right players. Although how much help he''ll get from the boardroom remains to be seen. I''m not holding my breath. 

[quote user="kick it off"]Roeder said Pattison''s fee was approaching 500k
[/quote]

I think Glen said it could rise to 500k depending on results. ie promotion.

[quote user="NegativeVibes"]

[quote user="kick it off"]Roeder said Pattison''s fee was approaching 500k[/quote]

For a player that had no future at his old club and was out of contract in the summer.

Given our transfer budget, I really hope it was not approaching 500k.

[/quote]He is under 24 so we wouldn''t get him for free - it would go to a tribunal where the fee is decided by a neutral body. Personaly I think those things are just way too unpredictable.

I dont know the ins and outs of the deal, i just read it on the waghorn site. Sounds more likely than a straight fee though. I THINK the verbatim quote was "A fee getting on for £500k" but am not 100% certain.

The most I remember seeing quoted for Pattison before the deal was 200-250,000 (although of course I could have missed something).

Curious.

OTBC

Doncaster has always said it is the other club that wants secrecy and city are always open and truthful when transferring players in or out. Iv only got to say one word on that....Ashton???

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="BBFF"]

Doncaster has always said it is the other club that wants secrecy and city are always open and truthful when transferring players in or out. Iv only got to say one word on that....Ashton???

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[/quote]

aha.. but the difference was "it had all been budgeted for ;) "

jas :)

If you look at the transfer to date on the BBC where there has been a fee 31% of the time it has been disclosed and 69% of the time the fee has not been disclosed. It appears that not disclosing fees appears to be the norm these days, probably for the reasons others have posted. Standard negotiation skills is not to give away information to other parties so it makes good sense for the club not to disclose the fees.

[quote user="canarygeorge"]

We''re just like mushrooms, being kept in the dark & fed a load of bull$h*t.

[/quote]

Im pretty sure most transfer fees these days are undisclosed.

Undisclosed fees are for one reason only. It is so when the likes of you or I question where all the money has gone the club can say it has gone on players and there is no way we can prove one way or another. That is why there is always an uproar when the figures are produced because the hiding place has gone and they are exposed.

[quote user="The voice of the Thorpe Area"]

It makes sense really.

For example:

We sell Ian Murray for £2million (wow, that''d be the day!). If we publish the figure, clubs whose players we enquire about will know that we have just recieved £2m, thus bump up their valuation of a player.

[/quote]

NO!

Thats far too logical! We''re being played for mugs! It''s all the boards fault! They can''t really be thinking of whats best for the club against satisfying one or two fans curiosity! SACK THE (cheese)BOARD!

I  get the idea of what you are saying, but come on with all the agents and connections these days, do you really think the fee stays that quiet??  People in the football world will know, someone will tell someone.  I think agents dont keep that quiet, or someone on a board says something, so i think not publishing it is futile, as will get out in the end.

[quote user="Vern "]Undisclosed fees are for one reason only. It is so when the likes of you or I question where all the money has gone the club can say it has gone on players and there is no way we can prove one way or another. That is why there is always an uproar when the figures are produced because the hiding place has gone and they are exposed.[/quote]And would be fraud which carries a prison sentance. Dont be so juvenille.Both parties need to agree the ''undisclosed fee'' approach (obviously) and its for reasons already stated in this thread.Its nothing to do withy trying con fans. Anyway, its not our money so I dont really see what you''re all complaining about. Once you hand your cash overe to the local supermarket do you really give a monkeys how much they pay for a new car park?

Vern - the transfer fees are disclosed in the accounts - it gives the total and the names of the related players but does not diclose the amount for each individual.

Who cares how much we pay and sell for? as long as we buy bargains and sell for more than we paid or get value for money thats all that matters. If we sell someone for lots of dosh we don''t want every man and dog to know how much is in the kitty!!!

Doomcaster was interviewed in the Gunn Club before the game against Bury and confirmed that it was around the £500k mark for Matty Patti - didn''t seem to be trying to hide anything, so it might be true that it was Newcastle who didn''t want to disclose the fee.  Also when our beloved Chairman (no, not Delia) was interviewed before the Charlton game he confirmed that Glenn had approached NUFC for Ameobi on loan but Allardyce had told him no (in no uncertain terms apparently).  But he did say that Glenn wasn''t someone to take no for an answer, so watch this space you never know what might happen in the window.

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="Vern "]Undisclosed fees are for one reason only. It is so when the likes of you or I question where all the money has gone the club can say it has gone on players and there is no way we can prove one way or another. That is why there is always an uproar when the figures are produced because the hiding place has gone and they are exposed.[/quote]

Dont be so juvenille.

[/quote]

Oooooh, Arc at you !!

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

Im pretty sure most transfer fees these days are undisclosed.

[/quote]

Spot on Trent, most of the deals on SSN last night were for ''undisclosed'' amounts.

[quote user="Lord Horn"]Doomcaster was interviewed in the Gunn Club before the game against Bury and confirmed that it was around the £500k mark for Matty Patti - didn''t seem to be trying to hide anything, so it might be true that it was Newcastle who didn''t want to disclose the fee.  Also when our beloved Chairman (no, not Delia) was interviewed before the Charlton game he confirmed that Glenn had approached NUFC for Ameobi on loan but Allardyce had told him no (in no uncertain terms apparently).  But he did say that Glenn wasn''t someone to take no for an answer, so watch this space you never know what might happen in the window.[/quote]500k does seem like a lot, but I guess as under 24 its ok.As 4 ameobi, I dont know why he is doing that, I think its cos Fat Sam wants to sell.  He has no intention of playing him thats clear, but I think he hopes to sell him to a relegation candidate for 1-2mill.We should push to sell Brown, and Dave, and Murray and Brellier, and use any cash we can to go for him and buy out right.