Sign in to follow this  
 Green and Yellow

Other than football what has been your sporting highlight this year?

Re: Other than football what has been your sporting highlight this year?

4 press-ups, 2 sit-ups (and half a star jump) in our ''Catton Calorie Counters'' local keep fit class........Followed by beating my mate ''Two Ton Tubby Taylor'' to the vending machine - and grabbin'' the last snickers. Yesssssss![H]

beating someone in 3/3 races  (swimming) after they told me i couldnt beat them in slightly more colourful language.... ah serving humble pie up is so much fun.

i liked the hype concerning lewis hamiltons/alonso/rakinnonen race to decide title

and the hype for hatton fight

but although you guys wont understand, but wolves win over wba in march was meant so much after last playing them when they pipped us to the league several years before, we went on to get thrashed 3-0 (at poorthawns) 3-0 (f.a cup) and just watch them blatently embarass us with their better quality. the wba fans were talking it up as 4-0 5-0 game, little did they think we could push tight game let alone a draw or win

when super jay belted that goal in near the end the whole ground literally erupted, louder than the playoff final i think with the passion coming out, i ended up 4rows in front getting caught in the atmosphere. oh what a day, i wouldnt swap our one win for baggies 4wins as it just meant so much to us when they just thought they had to do was turn up.

another highlight was when i heard alan lee sent down leeds utd, i was so delighted as my mate support leeds and gives it the big up for leeds. so to see him devasted was a CLASSIC

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Re: Other than football what has been your sporting highlight this year?

4 press-ups, 2 sit-ups (and half a star jump) in our ''Catton Calorie Counters'' local keep fit class........Followed by beating my mate ''Two Ton Tubby Taylor'' to the vending machine - and grabbin'' the last snickers. Yesssssss![H]

[/quote]

I told a porky about the press-ups.......I only did 3.

[quote user="The Great Escape"]Mine has been England getting to the rugby World Cup final against all the odds and secondly, Lewis Hamilton''s debut season in F1. [/quote]To be honest the last year been pretty crap for sport, with most it being all talk and no substance. I finally managed to get to a Norwich game (boxing day) and that''s definatly my highlight of the year, even though we didn''t win the football was fantastic from us, reminisant of the 03/04 campaign.

[quote user="oz man"]

''Mello Yello'' hate to break it to you but your not funny..

[/quote]

What is it that''s about to break then.....your voice?.....

Oh, and it''s YOU''RE......

Malta V Turkey. Finished 2-2 and we (Malta) were in front both times! I have never seen a draw celebrated like that! Supporters came out in there thousands (5k!) and gave the boys a huge boost by getting behind them.

I was tempted to bring some fans back and plant them in the N&P!

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="oz man"]

''Mello Yello'' hate to break it to you but your not funny..

[/quote]

Thanks for your invaluable contribution to the forum.

[/quote]

I love you all.

Which part of "Other than football" are people having difficulty with [;)].

Barney beating Taylor in the world darts final on New Years Day and tax dodger Lewis Hamilton failing to win the F1 Drivers Championship were my personal highlights.

Oh and Oz Man, hate to break it to you but you''re not fit to hoover up the crumbs from Mello''s half time biscuits [:P].

Mine would be the two rugby codes!!Getting to the Union World Cup Final and GB Rugby League winning their first Test series for god knows how long!!

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

Which part of "Other than football" are people having difficulty with [;)].

Barney beating Taylor in the world darts final on New Years Day and tax dodger Lewis Hamilton failing to win the F1 Drivers Championship were my personal highlights.

Oh and Oz Man, hate to break it to you but you''re not fit to hoover up the crumbs from Mello''s half time biscuits [:P].

[/quote]

Darts is NOT a sport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i''m sure the whole F1 thing was a set up...