Sign in to follow this  
SuperWesIrishWizard

Has James Hollman really been sacked?

From what little I know I dont think Gunn will be the full time answer and is just filling in until they can bring the person GR really wants. Crossley or Tommy Wright I believe.

I doubt james hollman will be out of work for long with his C.V.

Iusedtobegood please pass on my regards and know that his good work with greeno and lewis is recognised by many fans.

Something stinks with this whole "jobs for friends" business and I was hoping it would have been eradicated by now.

How very dare you!

If it is true, can we re-sign him to take corners and free kicks?

I''ve never seen anyone who can produce such accuracy on a consistant basis!

Tom

Of course.. I am sure he will be pleased to know people thought well of him.. Hopefully he will be sorted out somewhere soon... And it will be interesting to see how this "saga" ends lol..

all the best

Why would you let your goalkeeping coach go on holiday during the middle of the season, why not let him go on holiday during an international week?Why do we need a goalkeeping coach anyway?Did he improve the goalkeeping skills of Andy Marshall, Robert Green, Paul Gallacher, David Marshall?Ken Oxford, Ken Nethercott, Sandy Kennon, Kevin Keelan and Chris Woods never had a full time goalkeeping coach at Norwich and I would swap any of them for any of the keepers that have been coached by Malcolm Webster, Perry Suckling or James Hollman.Oh yeah and he''s a scu***r.

[quote user="savenell"]What happends if he has really been on holiday and you lot think he has been sacked?[/quote]

How many football coaches get to have a holiday over Christmas? It doesn''t happen.

The guy has either left the club or has been given leave for personal/family reasons.

More spin from CR. Anyone feel like a mushroom?

Seems to me that you Celia seem to like playing God and that the Newspaper does not have a proper system for moderation.Your reason (its not fair) seems pretty poor to me. Who are you to judge what is fair and what is not fair?

Clearly he has been sacked and surely we should ask the question-Why? Did anybody see Bryan Gunn trying to warm the keepers up before the Wolves game? It was farcical-overweight,strutting about as though he owned the place,slow and cumbersome,did somebody buy him a football kit for Christmas-it was pitiful. James Hollman was the complete opposite-fit,alert,enthusiastic and got the keepers working to the limit. Roeder must have something to do with this and it is clearly not one of his better decisions. Gunn is well past it and should keep well out of the way.

[quote user="Bobert"]Seems to me that you Celia seem to like playing God and that the Newspaper does not have a proper system for moderation.Your reason (its not fair) seems pretty poor to me. Who are you to judge what is fair and what is not fair?[/quote]Well as one of the board''s moderators, Celia has a legal responsibility to ensure that nothing posted on the board could leave Archant open to libel/defamation proceedings. I''ve studied media law, and internet content particularly can be a very grey area, so it''s best to err on the side of caution. The web team collectively are only doing their job by moderating the messages, often at ungodly hours too!

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Bobert"]Seems to me that you Celia seem to like playing God and that the Newspaper does not have a proper system for moderation.Your reason (its not fair) seems pretty poor to me. Who are you to judge what is fair and what is not fair?[/quote]
Well as one of the board''s moderators, Celia has a legal responsibility to ensure that nothing posted on the board could leave Archant open to libel/defamation proceedings. I''ve studied media law, and internet content particularly can be a very grey area, so it''s best to err on the side of caution. The web team collectively are only doing their job by moderating the messages, often at ungodly hours too!
[/quote]

Well said. If you want to post unsubstantiated rumours, Bobert, there are many other sites who would be grateful for the attention.

We love you, Internet Message Board moderating team.

[quote user="Bobert"]Seems to me that you Celia seem to like playing God and that the Newspaper does not have a proper system for moderation.Your reason (its not fair) seems pretty poor to me. Who are you to judge what is fair and what is not fair?[/quote]

Ouch, that is a tad harsh!  I would have thought she was just doing her job, although the lack of consistency between moderators does seem to be an issue that should be addressed

as i said b4 i e mailed donkster and have finally had a reply although it was brief. he was not commenting and said the club would make an announcement when required, so dunno what to make of that although to me sounds like hes history

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

*He''s not on holiday

*He was sacked, havent got the reason why but its laughable apparently.

*It was all down to ND.

[/quote]

He probably told a supporter an inside secret.

"How dare you talk to those people James?, You are fired" 

I had wondered if this comes down to ''the old pals act''- Bryan Gunn hasn''t had an official role at the club since the departure of Grant.- Gunnys former job in the commercial side of the club is now taken by Jerry Goss, equally a Norwich legend, so not someone who the club would look to fall out with- James Hollman doesnt have this ''status''. As it is the only possible role for him, could Roeder have been told to make Gunny GK Coach to keep the boat (and board) happy?  possibly on a months trial? After all i believe he has some coaching badges  

This is not based on any evidence, only personal theory.

[quote user="ButchP"]I had wondered if this comes down to ''the old pals act''

- Bryan Gunn hasn''t had an official role at the club since the departure of Grant.
- Gunnys former job in the commercial side of the club is now taken by Jerry Goss, equally a Norwich legend, so not someone who the club would look to fall out with
- James Hollman doesnt have this ''status''. As it is the only possible role for him, could Roeder have been told to make Gunny GK Coach to keep the boat (and board) happy?  possibly on a months trial? After all i believe he has some coaching badges  

This is not based on any evidence, only personal theory.

[/quote]

Sounds more than likely

how can we let a quallified goalkeeper coach go after coaching international goalkeepers at all levels. ie. joe lewis , robert green , david marshall , steven arnold. heard a little rumour that a couple of teams in the championship are allready after him. good luck at your new team all the best.

I am wondering if the Board "think" the way to get on the fans is to do things like appoint Gunny into a position as thus.

• "He''s a club legend."
  • "Everyone loves him."
  • "So lets give him another job at the club-one where everyone can see him running about on the pitch before games, maybe he can warm up the keepers, then take the mike in the centre of the pitch and lead off the singing of OTBC?!"
  • "Then everyone will love us!"
  • "And guess what-no-one has heard of this Holman character probably, he isn''t a "celebrity" or a footballing name, so we can sweep him under the door, then bask in the glory of appointing fans favourite Gunny. Ahhhhhh!!"

In any walk of life, it is ill advised to fire or otherwise "lose" a creditable and skilled member of staff through what now looks like nepotism-which sounds a bit extreme, but the whole issue is so cloudy now, you tend to wonder. Problem is, even if it isn''t, the reverb will go around the game and the clubs and we won''t come out of it too healthily.

If Glenn did want his own team on-board, then why wasn''t it made as clear cut as that? It happens in football and would have made the Pink Un one day and be forgotten a few days later. As it is, its now becoming a bit of an issue. Something not quite right here.

With Bothroyd  and Hunter now at Watford (and maybe James will end up there?) are we going to let another good member of coaching staff slip away like we did those?

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

I am wondering if the Board "think" the way to get on the fans is to do things like appoint Gunny into a position as thus.

• "He''s a club legend."

• "Everyone loves him."

• "So lets give him another job at the club-one where everyone can see him running about on the pitch before games, maybe he can warm up the keepers, then take the mike in the centre of the pitch and lead off the singing of OTBC?!"

• "Then everyone will love us!"

• "And guess what-no-one has heard of this Holman character probably, he isn''t a "celebrity" or a footballing name, so we can sweep him under the door, then bask in the glory of appointing fans favourite Gunny. Ahhhhhh!!"

In any walk of life, it is ill advised to fire or otherwise "lose" a creditable and skilled member of staff through what now looks like nepotism-which sounds a bit extreme, but the whole issue is so cloudy now, you tend to wonder. Problem is, even if it isn''t, the reverb will go around the game and the clubs and we won''t come out of it too healthily.

If Glenn did want his own team on-board, then why wasn''t it made as clear cut as that? It happens in football and would have made the Pink Un one day and be forgotten a few days later. As it is, its now becoming a bit of an issue. Something not quite right here.

With Bothroyd  and Hunter now at Watford (and maybe James will end up there?) are we going to let another good member of coaching staff slip away like we did those?

[/quote]

The PLOP thickens........[^o)]

The inconsistancy of criteria used by the moderators when deleting threads is getting a liitle tedious......

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Dunno, I am surprised the lardy Gunny would be handed the job.  Seems like a joke to me.

Duffy and the sizeable Gunn on the bench was probably the worst managerial combo ever! albeit for only 3 games!!

[/quote]

Have no fear CJF........2 words.........Tommy Wright. YOu heard it here first!

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Dunno, I am surprised the lardy Gunny would be handed the job.  Seems like a joke to me.

Duffy and the sizeable Gunn on the bench was probably the worst managerial combo ever! albeit for only 3 games!!

[/quote]

Have no fear CJF........2 words.........Tommy Wright. YOu heard it here first!

[/quote]

didnt tommy Wright once play for Hull??? is he the one who was used an emergency striker in a game and scored twice???? if so make him striker coach!

jas :)