Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Free Bet this weekend.

Yes you lovely old Pickers the Free Bet is round again and Its we8wba at the helm .I see he is back from the U.S.A. and of course he missed all the drama of last weekend when "Lappinitup" came within an ace of picking up a win . As I think the form has settled down now I think we can pick up quite a lot of winning weeks If we don''t we will come mighty close , so Its excitement all the way for you Pickers . This week Its Cup week so there should be some easy matches , but remember there is many a slip between cup and lip , as "Yankee" has warned ,so take care and lets try and avoid the banana skin . talk to you all later .[Y] arrdee.

"Yankee" 1st&2nd.

yes i had a butchers on my return to see how you guys did last week and noticed how desperatly close lappinitup came to securing a full house of results

this week im going to be looking mainly at f.a cup for bankers really as some good value but also keeping my eye on weather i.e if chasetown has poor pitch vs a good cardiff

or if a team like bolton maybe are going to rest likes of anelkea and diouf

but im not going to miss out the other league if there are standout bets/value or in form teams playing

so get your thinking caps on please lads and lets try get another winner

i will start of with

liverpool to beat luton - not great value but 98%sure the reds will win comfortably and will give us something to look forward to on the sunday if the other perform

Happy new year to all posters on the free bet thread.

My nap this week has to be Leeds to get back to winning ways against Northampton,  I can''t see Wise letting them lose three in a row somehow.

good luck to we8wba 

gutted that charlton equalised 90th min to scupper my tip last week.  never mind.ows bout bristol to beat boro in the cup.  bristol have done well at home all season.  boro are up and down.  they beat pompy away last weekend, but went down at home to everton new years day.  bristol meanwhile at home again after beating coventry on tuesday.  with teams having their 5th game in 15 days - fatigue will play a part, and boro to west country is a fair ole hike, on what will be a heavy pitch - snow and rain forecast between now and sunday, stamina over skill will prevail - make no mistake.  and bristol are honest and hardworking.  they should have the edge, and at reasonable odds no doubt.yep - expect bristol C to beat boro. easy!!!

Finally get the chance to to what I''d like to do every week. That is, to confidently predict Norwich City to win a game of football. Remembering what Glenn Roeder said about the importance of cup runs I am sure he will field his strongest side and therefore, see City safely through to the next round. So.....

Norwich City v Bury......Home win.

Hello boys and girls and a happy new year!

Unlucky last week lappinitup each week now we get so close, but on the upside i did win a bit of extra beer money for new year on the Celtic game. Good luck to you we8wba this week, there are plenty of nice ones out there so lets just hope we dont get the banana skin of the third round.

Everton v Oldham  -   Home win

A dead cert this week and not a hope in hell of Oldham getting anything from the game, im even goin with the same as last week for myself a 2-0, 3-0 and 4-0 home win £20 each.

Just one piece of advice for you we8wba that might help, no team in the world likes playing at a lower league mudpit so watch those giant killing home games

Chelskov to beat QPR at Home.  Makes you wonder if this local derby might become more regular if Bernie and Flavio keep splashing the cash.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

Finally get the chance to to what I''d like to do every week. That is, to confidently predict Norwich City to win a game of football. Remembering what Glenn Roeder said about the importance of cup runs I am sure he will field his strongest side and therefore, see City safely through to the next round. So.....

Norwich City v Bury......Home win.

[/quote] Now "Lappinitup" theres no doubt you are the sweetest eclair in the box but after last week are you sure that Norwich are playing at home? .Sorry "Lapp" I can''t help it ,its my worped sense of humour, I am sure there is something wrong with me .[;)] [:D] arrdee.

I was gonna go leeds but after last week I''m not too keen.The real banker this week is Chelsea against QPR. Home advantage, and all the obvious stuff. I don''t think the hoops will be too bothered about a cup run considering their position at the moment.

After my costly mistake last week, I was thinking of sitting back this week and not having a selection.

However, the free bet thread ain''t for sulking, and I''m sure the lovely Arrdee would be gutted to see me contemplating that.

The irony this week though sees ALDERSHOT away to Northwich Victoria. Northwich are struggling at the bottom of my precious Blue Square league, but have been busy signing SIX players in the window already ( take note Doomcaster! ). Getting these players to gel may be a bridge too far against the current league leaders.

So to be absolutely clear this week - Northwich Victoria v ALDERSHOT   AWAY WIN

Good luck We8wba, glad you''re on board - despite the efforts of some to have a pop at you, I think you''re an excellent contributer to the forum.

Leeds Canary

I agree with Lappinitup.

This is most confident i''ve been of a City win all season. Must be short odds but Ardee will get us the best value i''m sure.

C''mon you Yellows!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome back we8wba,

Afraid I can''t share your enthusiasm for cup matches as  betting prospects and I tend to avoid them when I can.

Therefore my area of choice is limited this week, but there is I feel an outstanding bet among the rest in the shape of  :-

My nap this week, Carlisle to thoroughly thrash a poor Port Vale on saturday.

Good luck we8wba I have every faith in you to get the new year of to a good "Free Bet" start !

Yep Gentleman Jim I had this picked out as my "nap" of the day , as Carlisle have only conceded 3 goals at home all season it looks an outstanding bet .Swansea looks nailed on .Gretna will get a good beating as well ,but my "nap" has to be Carlisle [Y] arrdee.

Good thread! First time ive contributed, but I bet on sports a lot, so hopefully will be able to contribute!

Longer odds - Palace to beat Watford away. - 12/5

Shorter odds - Tottenham to beat reading at 2/5  - With reading putting out their Cup team (I.e. Second team)

Norwich to beat bury at 4/9 looks very generous I must say.

Odds taken from Ladbrokes

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

Good thread! First time ive contributed, but I bet on sports a lot, so hopefully will be able to contribute!

Longer odds - Palace to beat Watford away. - 12/5

Shorter odds - Tottenham to beat reading at 2/5  - With reading putting out their Cup team (I.e. Second team)

Norwich to beat bury at 4/9 looks very generous I must say.

Odds taken from Ladbrokes

[/quote] Welcome aboard "Trent" glad to have you with us you lovely old boy. You will find that Dixmar Racing who gives us the £10 free bet every week always finds us the best odds .Believe me that makes a difference I remember when we stood to win£1,500 one week I ran the same bet through the big houses the best they came up with was £1,040 almost 1/3 less .There you go [Y] arrdee."Yankee1st&2nd.

good work lads in getting loads of selections in already. i will be studying the selection tommorow tea time and having a look at what squads they taking etc...

if you havnt posted your tip yet and it has already been mentioned dont be afraid not to mention that team again, as carlisle for example i didnt really spot, but have come into my thoughts with several people tipping it.

Stevenage to win away at Stafford Rangers.

I don''t normally like to opt for away wins but Stevenage are still well positioned to chase Aldershot and Torquay for the top automatic promotion spot and they won''t want that gap to increase as a result of this match. Stevenage also sport the best goals differential away from home in the division. Rangers, on the other hand, have scored only 8 times in 12 games at home while conceeding 24, and it looks like they have folded their cards for this season. 

Thanks for the info arrdee (And thats good to hear you get better odds than ladbrokes give you!)

Looks like everyone is tipping one fixture, is that the standard procedure on here?

[quote user="Danny G"]Whats this free bet thing all about?[/quote]

"Danny" you lovely old boy , Its all about us Norwich City fans helping our Academy by winning money off a local norwich bookmaker by useing our knowledge of football . I went out and asked a bookmaker to give us a free bet every week , yes I know I took my life in my hands but I was succesfull so Dixmar Racing on Reepham Rd norwich sponcer us every week £10 and we try and pick out 6 results weekly for an accumerlater . Dixmar Racing also gives us the best odds there are .

All the posters on the Pink un board are welcome to give a selection , I call it a "nap" a team that you are sure that will win at the weekend . then we have one of the pickers that selects the final 6 that we will put our free £10 stake on .So all you have to do to support your Club is make that selection then post it on this board we will do the rest .

We do have lots of fun on sat afternoon as the results come in . And always remember Danny there is no finger pointing on the Free Bet Thread . arrdee wont have any of that if you get you selection wrong , so what we don''t lose anything there is always next week . I want all you lovely old City supporters to have enjoyment and fun , if we win anything on the way all well and good but its not the be all and end  all . [Y]  arrdee.

"Yankee"1st&2nd

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

Thanks for the info arrdee (And thats good to hear you get better odds than ladbrokes give you!)

Looks like everyone is tipping one fixture, is that the standard procedure on here?

[/quote]

Yep you have got it "Trent" it helps the picker who is making the final selections , this week its we8wba who has the job . I have a rota made up of volunteers that want to have the final say , all of Jan is full and the first two weeks in Feb have gone, but if you would like to volunteer I will put you in after then if you like . I must admit this is like Heaven to me as I had to always do it myself when we first started as no one wanted to do it ,mind you we only had a few that would take part in those early days .

Always remember this is your free bet all you City fans , not mine Its for you ,also remember Norwich City are the only club in the Country that has this . No one else  just you . You are the only football fans that can help your Academy in all of theU.K. and maybe the World , just think on that .[Y]arrdee.

"Yankee"1st&2nd. 

"Danny" you lovely old boy , Its all about us Norwich City fans helping our Academy by winning money off a local Norwich bookmaker by using our knowledge of football . I went out and asked a bookmaker to give us a free bet every week , yes I know I took my life in my hands but I was successful so Dixmar Racing on Reepham Rd Norwich sponsor us every week £10 and we try and pick out 6 results weekly for an accumulator . Dixmar Racing also gives us the best odds there are .

All the posters on the Pink un board are welcome to give a selection , I call it a "nap" a team that you are sure that will win at the weekend . then we have one of the pickers that selects the final 6 that we will put our free £10 stake on .So all you have to do to support your Club is make that selection then post it on this board we will do the rest .

We do have lots of fun on sat afternoon as the results come in . And always remember Danny there is no finger pointing on the Free Bet Thread . arrdee wont have any of that if you get you selection wrong , so what we don''t lose anything there is always next week . I want all you lovely old City supporters to have enjoyment and fun , if we win anything on the way all well and good but its not the be all and end  all . [Y]  arrdee.

"Yankee"1st&2nd

You''re not repeating yourself are you arrdee? I said.....You''re not repeating yourself are you arrdee? I said..... You''re not repeating yourself are you arrdee? I said.....[:D]

Good luck with your selections we8 m8 [;)]

Its more difficult than at first glance. There are always upsets in the 3rd Round and they are usually somewhere least expected. The BBC always give it their best shot to find one and usually get it wrong! Often it can take a replay for the fancied team to go through. Also this weekend many clubs lose loan players they have been relying on as we appear to have done. I think you are the perfect picker for this weeks minefield.

One thing I find strange is that Ladbrokes price Norwich at 4/9 and Spurs at 2/5. Norwich are 47 places above Bury in the league and Norwich are on a good run of form where as Bury are dropping down their league like a stone. Tottenham are only 1 place above Reading and never seem to play 2 matches alike. Do Laddies consider the return of our loan players will make that much difference?

Although its already been selected I agree with Lappin and George and nap Norwich to beat Bury.

[quote user="lappinitup"]You''re not repeating yourself are you arrdee? I said.....You''re not repeating yourself are you arrdee? I said..... You''re not repeating yourself are you arrdee? I said.....[:D][/quote]

good post

[quote user="lappinitup"]You''re not repeating yourself are you arrdee? I said.....You''re not repeating yourself are you arrdee? I said..... You''re not repeating yourself are you arrdee? I said.....[:D][/quote]

Thanks for that "Lapp" you lovely old boy you owed me that one , you just wait and see what happens [;)] arrdee.

"Yankee"1st&2nd.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Good luck with your selections we8 m8 [;)]

Its more difficult than at first glance. There are always upsets in the 3rd Round and they are usually somewhere least expected. The BBC always give it their best shot to find one and usually get it wrong! Often it can take a replay for the fancied team to go through. Also this weekend many clubs lose loan players they have been relying on as we appear to have done. I think you are the perfect picker for this weeks minefield.

One thing I find strange is that Ladbrokes price Norwich at 4/9 and Spurs at 2/5. Norwich are 47 places above Bury in the league and Norwich are on a good run of form where as Bury are dropping down their league like a stone. Tottenham are only 1 place above Reading and never seem to play 2 matches alike. Do Laddies consider the return of our loan players will make that much difference?

Although its already been selected I agree with Lappin and George and nap Norwich to beat Bury.

[/quote]

you are correct 2 of your selections are in my weeks picks, its trying to find value and wins as well which hard

Now its all down to you "we8wba" you lovely old boy . There is no pressure on you , you have been here before , you are an old hand at it , I agree with Nutty when he said "You are the perfect Picker for the cup minefield " . As I say to all you Pickers , "just do your own thing , however you see it just go for it " . Remember "we8wba" there is a certain fellow keeping an Eagle eye on you , you know who it is, he has a name something like "Devonshire hot pot" and he quite likes West Brom .Now is this a red rag to a bull . All us pickers are waiting to see, Is this going to spur you on "we8wba"? [:D] arrdee.

"Yankee"1st&2nd.