Sign in to follow this  
ncfcfaithful

Fav 10 Norwich Goals

There''s been a trend on here lately of favourite Norwich teams so i thought i''d list my top 10 City goals.  I started going to City games in 86/87 so can only list goals from my time attending matches!!1) Goss at home to Bayern Munich (if there had been a roof on Carrow Rd i''m sure it would have blown off)2) Fleck volley in the last minute away to Millwall to win 3-2 live on ITV after Gunny made half a dozen amazing saves in the 2nd half3) Goss away to Leeds - a great team goal and what a finish!!4) Polsten when we beat Villa 1-0 at home in 92/93 for that night it really felt like we''d win the Premier League5) Goss Away to Bayern THAT VOLLEY6) Sutton FA Cup Q Final at Home to Southampton a classic FA Cup game with a great atmosphere (the less said about the semi final the better)7) McKenzie - His 2nd goal against the scum, top of theleague at Portman Rd8) Goss last game of the Kop ''have we f**ked your party up''??9) Mark Robins lob against Arsenal first game of the 92/93 season10) Robert Rosario''s volley against Soutampton in front of the Barclays, can''t remember if it won goal of the season but it should have done!!And one more Dean Coney''s one goal off his arse against Villa!

Ashton against Man City would have to be in there for me.  Quite simply the best finish I have ever seen at Carrow Road.  It really was something special to beat James with a first time lobbed volley from a dropping ball when no shot seemed possible.

1. Goss, Away to Bayern

2, Goss, That volley away at Leeds

3, Fox, Away at Arsenal 91/92 season finished 1-1, a sreamer from outside the box nearly took the net off!

4, Johnson v the Scum at Carrow Road ''96, cracking one two with Fleck.

5, Fashanu v Liverpool, enough said.

6, Robins v Chelsea 92/93 season, live on Sky, Megson takes quick free kick, Robins 1 touch over the keeper, sublime.

7, Ryan Jarvis v Liverpool.

8, Sutton v Liverpool  at Carrow Road, great finish past Grobelaar from outside 18 yard box.

9, Huckerby v Stoke(?) his last game before his loan from Man City ended.

10, Fleck, Volley against Sheff United  at Carrow Road 91/92 season. 

how about the Robert Fleck one two(cant remember who with though) against Man Utd again cant remember wot season either dur! right in front of the barclay, when we were all singing "Score in a minute, we''re gonna score in a minute!) oh happy days!

Or Asa Hartfords deflected goal that won the Milk Cup in 1985?

Just got to be Steve Bruce''s against the binners 1985.

Just imagine (or remember if you were there)......Cup Semi-final, local derby, tie level at 1-1, Carrow Road full, extra time looming, 2 minutes to go, corner, get in there, YESSSSSSSSSSSS!

Doesn''t get any better than that

Just a few from the games ive been to personally...

Libbras debut goal against Man City, flicked the ball over someones head and volleyed in Gascoigne esque, brilliant stuff against the team flying away with the league at the time.

Huckerby vs Cardiff, last game before his loan ended, running from the halfway line to score, standing ovation and grown men crying all over the place. Classic.

McVeigh(?) volley against Wolves the other year, won our goal of the season, played into Libbra, flicked over the head to Rivers, back post cross and a stunning volley. Right down the Barclay end where i was sitting too.

Not a great goal but Malkys header against Stockport that put us into the playoffs, I was the lad with the drum, you can hear me on the highlights when the corner is swung in!! (Anyone else remember that?)

And...Mulryne against Reading promotion season, the one where it hit Neal Barry on the back and was volleyed in, being local to Reading with all their fair weather cocky fans was extra sweet for myself.

[quote user="Essjayo"]

1. Goss, Away to Bayern

2, Goss, That volley away at Leeds

3, Fox, Away at Arsenal 91/92 season finished 1-1, a sreamer from outside the box nearly took the net off!

4, Johnson v the Scum at Carrow Road ''96, cracking one two with Fleck.

5, Fashanu v Liverpool, enough said.

6, Robins v Chelsea 92/93 season, live on Sky, Megson takes quick free kick, Robins 1 touch over the keeper, sublime.

7, Ryan Jarvis v Liverpool.

8, Sutton v Liverpool  at Carrow Road, great finish past Grobelaar from outside 18 yard box.

9, Huckerby v Stoke(?) his last game before his loan from Man City ended.

10, Fleck, Volley against Sheff United  at Carrow Road 91/92 season. 

[/quote]Number 9 was against Cardiff i was at that game it was a great individual goal!!  It was number 11 on my list!!  All the cardiff fans singing ''you''ll never see him again''!! Oh yeah!!

Bit of an obscure one but will always remember Matt Svensson''s goal against Burnley at Turf Moor when we went up. Drury one-two with Huckerby down the left and a pinpoint cross for Svensson who rose and put a bullet header it into the top corner. We were right behind it and went on to win the game 5-3. Classic stuff and how NCFC should be.

This is hard

1 Fashanu - Vs Liverpool - I was 10 and never believed players did that

2 Rosario vs Hull - better than his Soton One

3 Watson vs Oldham - took us top of the league in Div 2 and we nebver looked back , got ball on halfway line , beat five men to score

4 Safri vs newcastle - i believed , i really did

5 Libbra vs  Man City - Oh how I laughed

6 Fleck  vs Port Vale FAC - Run and lob 

7 Bruce Milk Cup semi - just the moment itself 

8 Nedergaard vs Cov - 35 yarder - I turned to my daughter and said " what is he Do .... YEEESSSS "

9 O Neill vs Ipswich - last 2 minutes direct free kick - 3 -2 to us 

10 Drinkell vs Liverpool - last minute 2 -1 filthy day , Liverpool never lose when Rush scores - want to bet on that ?    

a personal favourite of mine is a david phillips goal back in 92/93 season away to palace where he volleyed with 2 feet next to each other sideways from miles out!

Gary''s got the goal in there with Martin O''Neils last minute free kick at Ipswich to win 3-2.Those were the days when we stood in the North Stand directly in line with the flight of the ball as it went in the top corner.Andy Townsend''s goal to win 1-0 at Anfield about 1988 a close second. In those days you could count the away fans in double figures and also when Liverpool were the team to beat.

[quote user="EssexCanary"]

a personal favourite of mine is a david phillips goal back in 92/93 season away to palace where he volleyed with 2 feet next to each other sideways from miles out!

[/quote]CriiKKeyyy I was gonna say that, and Robins V Chelsea same season, outside of the foot volley/lob over Dave Beasant, quality!

Crooks'' free kick against Forest 92/93 the commentator " Look at the lovely bend on that ball". Lee Powers'' dribble and finish from his own half in an amazing game against Palace.

1. The Safri smasher against Newcastle. [:D]

2. Jerry Goss'' fantastic volley against the dirty Leeds. [:D]

3. Eadie''s goal against the scum from a very tight angle.[:D]

4. Fashanu against Liverpool - you know the one [;)]

5. Ashton''s cracking header against Newcastle - you''d have thought we''d have won a trophy [:D]

6. Big Iwan''s 99th goal against Crewe in the 03/04 season. [:D]

7. Cureton''s beautiful finish against the scum this year. [:D]

8. Hucks'' great run and finish against Brum last season. [:D]

9. Hucks'' goal against Wigan in 03/04. [:D]

10. Hucks'' cracking shot that went in off the post at The Barclay end against Palarse. [:D]

Just outside was Goss'' goals in Europe, Ashton''s first-time finish against Man City, Peters'' free-kick against Arsenal, Hucks'' goal at Portaloo Road in 05/06 and Rosario''s strike against Southampton. [:D]

Great thread by the way!