Sign in to follow this  
Hartsons Gut

I dont want a German as England manager, NEVER.

Jurgen Klinsmann - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klinsmann
  • 1988 German Footballer of the Year
  • 1995 Writers Association Footballer of the Year
  • Won the World Cup as a player in 1990.
  • Managed Germany into 3rd place in the  2006 World Cup.
  • Qualified Bakers'' Apprentice.
  • Now living in California. (Really German then)
He''d be an excellent candidate, if he could be persuaded to spend time in England instead of California.If he''s the best man for the job, why should it matter if he''s German ?Now Hartsons'' Gut, questions for you :
  • Are you 12 ?
  • Have you ever met a real German ?  They''re a lot like us, but with a silly accent.  A lot of them are quite nice.  They make good cars too.
  • Is there any danger of you reading anything other than The Sun and News of The World ?

My views?

You are an idiot and any self imposed exile from England''s games would probably be a blessed relief for anybody unfortunate enough to have ever sat next to you and listened to your moronic views.

If Jurgen Klinsmann is the best man for the job then he should be given it. Do you honestly believe he should be excluded purely on the basis of the fact that he''s German? All because of something that happened over sixty years ago? Grow up and stop living in the past.

As it happens I hope he doesn''t get the job, purely because tossers like you will be on his back as soon as England produce get one bad result. You''ll probably even believe that he''s lost the game on purpose. I mean you can''t trust these Germans, can you [:|].

i myself believe he is prob the best man for job bar o''neill and mourinho

i dont care if he german, afghanistany, from jupiter and long as he is succesful

i think added pressure would be on him by some fans hoping he fails and will be quick to critisise him

Im with him, if the FA appoint Klinsmann it will be a complete joke not because he is German(although that doesn''t help) but because he has hardly any manager experience. yeah he took Germany to the semi''s but they were at home in Germany. Mourinho is the only man that can get these overated, overpaid and WAG controlled jokes into a team that could compete at a world level.

Shack Attack just cos his opinions are different to yours doesn''t make them moronic for all you know he could have fought in the war, difference in opinion thats what this web site is for. If everyone had the same veiws it would be boring and pointless wouldn''t it idiot.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

• Are you 12 ?

• Have you ever met a real German ?  They''re a lot like us, but with a silly accent.  A lot of them are quite nice.  They make good cars too.

• Is there any danger of you reading anything other than The Sun and News of The World ?

[/quote]

Now, now Blahx3 play nicely.

Very funny all the same.

Got to say that I wouldn''t want Klinsman as the England manager either.  It wouldn''t stop me watching England because they are my country and I will always support them no matter who is in charge. 

Germany and the Argies are our biggest rivals in international football and it just wouldn''t be right having a German player turn Germany Manager become the England boss.  It would be like having George Burley as the Norwich City Manager.......it wouldn''t matter how well he did, it just wouldn''t be right

[quote user="ricky knight"]Blimey bring out the PC brigade, i would love an english manager, but name one who could do the job.[/quote]

What''s so ''PC'' about wanting the best manager for the job regardless of nationality. I would have thought that was just common sense. But then maybe ''The PC Lobby'' have been poisoning my food to make me think like that, hey Ricky [;)].

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]

Shack Attack just cos his opinions are different to yours doesn''t make them moronic for all you know he could have fought in the war, difference in opinion thats what this web site is for. If everyone had the same veiws it would be boring and pointless wouldn''t it idiot.

[/quote]

Sorry but not wanting somebody to become our manager purely because we once fought a war that he had absolutely nothing to do with is pretty moronic if you ask me. Even if he did fight in the war, he didn''t fight Jurgen Klinsmann did he?

Thanks for telling me what this website is for though, couldn''t have worked it out for myself [:P].

1. If he was a bakers apprentice did he become a masterbaker?

2. I thought our Queen was already of German ancestry - as is the Duke of Edinburgh.

I dont want a German England manager either.  Not now not ever, and yes it is because he is German.  They are nice people (most of them), and Klinsman is probably a good boss, but no, no & no.

It is either Mourinho for me of big Phil Scholari.  Would love an Englishman to get the job but there is only Harry Redknapp really, Big Sam would have been in the running but he has proved himself to be a one club wonder.  Would the FA dare appoint Harry with the whole bung thing.....

Message to Blah Blah, I am not 12, I dont read the Sun (Star for me) and I own a BMW, for all that is worth.

[quote]Message to Blah Blah, I am not 12, I dont read the Sun (Star for me) and I own a BMW, for all that is worth.[/quote]Thanks jimmy500, it means a lot to me, it says to me at least that adults can be stupid too.Thanks for your candour [:)]

I dont think its being racist or xenophobic at all. Im more of a club than country man whereas some are the opposite.

Would us City fans want an Ipswich Legend say...John Wark to be our manager? No. germany are one of our biggest rivals, so i can understand why some dont want a german as manager.

My brother is of the same opinion as Hartsons Gut. He doesnt like Germany because of the football rivalry, (nothing to do with the war, as some mite like to think!) so why would he want Klinsmann to be the gaffa?

For the record, i like Germans! Hamburg is one hell of a place!

To those who feel that the English manager should be English, which of the following English managers from the Premier League would be up to the task ?6 Portsmouth - Arry Kneecap10 West Ham - Curbishley11 Newcastle - Big (looking smaller every day) Sam13 Reading - Steve Coppell14 Fulham - Lawrie Sanchez17 Bolton - Megson18 Middlesborough - Southgate19 Wigan - Steve Bruce20 Derby - Paul JewellWhen you consider that the top 5 sides are managed by a Frenchman, a Scotsman, an Israeli, a Swede and a Spaniard, it makes you realise just how poor our English management contingent have become.

Yes - I want an English coach for the England team.   But as several others have already stated the quality simply is not there - you could pool the ''talents'' of the 9 English managers and they still wouldnt be as good as Jurgen Klinsman - let alone one of the many candidates that are better than him.   Big Sam is being sorely found out now he has cash and players who should be good enough leaving probably Sanchez as the best of a very poor bunch.   Not sure how successful ''Arry would be without an international transfer market to play with!  at thatlevel you cant go through 50 players quickly to find a winning formula... 

O''Neill is the best of the ''local'' candidates but I yet to be convinced that even he is up to adapting to the needs of international football.

I would have JK ahead of Fabio Capello despite the latters superb record, simply because his I think the latters lack of English would be a real barrier to making a success of the job.  However Scolari, Hiddink, Rehagel (yes another German), Van Basten, Rijkaard as well as the fans favourite in Mourinho and Wenger are all far far better candidates than any of the English muppets.      

How poor are English managers?  That Newcastle are considering Shearer as a replacement managers shows the lack of available talent,  and the madness of English fans thinking. 

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Message to Blah Blah, I am not 12, I dont read the Sun (Star for me) and I own a BMW, for all that is worth.[/quote]

Thanks jimmy500, it means a lot to me, it says to me at least that adults can be stupid too.

Thanks for your candour [:)]
[/quote]

No problem.

Back to the point, big Phil Scholari for me.  Should have got it instead of Maclaren, would do a fantastic job IMO.  I also quite like Rijkaard.  Capello must be a no as well because he can''t even speak english, that is a must in my book.

[quote]Back to the point, big Phil Scholari for me.  Should have got it

instead of Maclaren, would do a fantastic job IMO.  I also quite like

Rijkaard.  Capello must be a no as well because he can''t even speak

english, that is a must in my book.[/quote]So if you''d take Phil, why not Jurgen ?  He''s a naturalised American and has also spent time playing here, so he understands the English game.I''d like Guus Hiddink, always seems to do a decent job wherever he pitches up.  That''s if Mourinho doesn''t take it, which I believe he will.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

For the record, i like Germans! Hamburg is one hell of a place!

[/quote]

Me too!. Oh, and the Reeperbahns a ''lively'' night out [;)]

P.s, Jose or Capello i hope.

[quote user="jimmy500"]

Message to Blah Blah, I am not 12, I dont read the Sun (Star for me) and I own a BMW, for all that is worth.

[/quote]I don''t know, what is a G plate 316 worth these days?(he he![:P])

Pity we didn''t stick with Eriksson - we would have most probably qualified for the European Championship if we had done. Now let''s just see, who''s fault was it for hounding Sven out? Oh yes, our lovely peurile press - who are far more interested in stories (the more salacious the better) than they are in England''s success. Let''s hope our new manager is given a fair chance to mould the England team as he sees fit. I won''t hold my breath, though!

[quote user="Matthew Quinn"]

Xenophobic rubbish.

[/quote]

There were plenty of xenophobic irishmen showing their disapproval when the very english Jack Charlton was named Ireland manager -- turns out that under his management Ireland had their only successful era ever, so who knows? - maybe a German manager could do the same with England.

And us Englishmen should not forget that most of us have Germanic ancestory.

Ultimately it could be far worse -- how about a Polish boss? [:P][:$][:D]

I''d still prefer Mourinho.