Sign in to follow this  
Hartsons Gut

Can we give Delia Smith a rest?

All the negative comments are aimed at this woman. She needs you lot to leave her alone, not make her feel uncomfortable and bad.

Everyone seems to be blaming her!!!!! Has she not ever helped this club? She is a human and deserves some respect. She is a Norwich fan and we must all stick together.

How would you feel if you had say 10-15 thousand people against you, blaming you for the position we are in? It just stinks to me.

They have all made mistakes and they all know it, so stop rubbin it in.

She hasn''t, to my knowledge, given any indication that she gives a monkey''s.  She might do - she might not.  I don''t know whether she feels uncomfortable and bad, but anyone involved with the club right now SHOULD feel exactly that way. They are playing with the hopes of thousands of people, and must expect, given the balls up they''ve made of everything (note I am saying they, not her - it''s a collective farce, this board of ours), to feel the heat.  Or, if she can''t take the heat, perhaps she should get back to the kitchen.

A rest from what a few comments on a forum. There should be Delia out chants and demos imo, that woman and her muppets are killing OUR club. I really dont believe some peoples mentality, The acceptance of whats happening at City is really pxssing me off, for God sake show some fight and passion, save our club.

[quote user="HartsonsGut"]

All the negative comments are aimed at this woman. She needs you lot to leave her alone, not make her feel uncomfortable and bad.

Everyone seems to be blaming her!!!!! Has she not ever helped this club? She is a human and deserves some respect. She is a Norwich fan and we must all stick together.

How would you feel if you had say 10-15 thousand people against you, blaming you for the position we are in? It just stinks to me.

They have all made mistakes and they all know it, so stop rubbin it in.

[/quote]Shutup =]

[quote user="ricky knight"]

A rest from what a few comments on a forum. There should be Delia out chants and demos imo, that woman and her muppets are killing OUR club. I really dont believe some peoples mentality, The acceptance of whats happening at City is really pxssing me off, for God sake show some fight and passion, save our club.

[/quote]We mightn''t have a club to kill if it wasn''t for Delia and Michael, and people would do well to remember that. I''m not defending the board''s actions in recent years, and I definitely think it''s time for fresh investment (preferably from someone with prior experience of running a football club, irrespective of which team they may support), but they have invested about £9m of their own money into the club over the years. Where would we have been without that money in the wake of the ITV Digital collapse, and with average attendances in the 15,000 region after relegation in 1995? They only have themselves to blame for the stick that they''re getting now due to the continued failure of the ''prudence with ambition'' model (how they must be regretting ever using those words now!), but people are talking like their sole intention right from the start was to destroy the club. If it does turn nasty and we end up with protests and demos against the board then so be it, but a revolt from thousands of angry fans hardly makes us a more attractive investment proposition, does it? If nobody will buy Delia and MWJ''s shares, what happens then?

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]
We mightn''t have a club to kill if it wasn''t for Delia and Michael, and people would do well to remember that. I''m not defending the board''s actions in recent years, and I definitely think it''s time for fresh investment (preferably from someone with prior experience of running a football club, irrespective of which team they may support), but they have invested about £9m of their own money into the club over the years. Where would we have been without that money in the wake of the ITV Digital collapse, and with average attendances in the 15,000 region after relegation in 1995?

They only have themselves to blame for the stick that they''re getting now due to the continued failure of the ''prudence with ambition'' model (how they must be regretting ever using those words now!), but people are talking like their sole intention right from the start was to destroy the club. If it does turn nasty and we end up with protests and demos against the board then so be it, but a revolt from thousands of angry fans hardly makes us a more attractive investment proposition, does it? If nobody will buy Delia and MWJ''s shares, what happens then?
[/quote]

"they have invested about £9m of their own money" - probably about the right amount Coelho. Issue is however they "loaned" this money to NCFC, and if you haven''t noticed by reading the accounts over the past few years they have how converted these loans to shares. So in the event of them selling - they will get ALL there money back. Now i''m not saying this is wrong or unfair - but please don''t for one minute think Delia Smith has put ANY money into this club she won''t get back.

[quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

So Ricky...

Are you going to organise the chants and demo''s? Or perhaps take part in them if someone else shows enough fight and passion to do so? Or are you going to restrict yourself to a few comments on a forum, is that your mentality?

Listen NN mr know it all, i started NAG against South, i was on the frontline against Chase, i have done my bit for the cause but i would be quite willing to sign a petition or take part in a peaceful demo, i already have said i wont go inside CR till that woman has gone, thing is mate, what are you going to do, keep saying, "everything is wonderful in the garden" get real pal, being sleepy is one thing NN, but you are in a coma.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

So Ricky...

Are you going to organise the chants and demo''s? Or perhaps take part in them if someone else shows enough fight and passion to do so? Or are you going to restrict yourself to a few comments on a forum, is that your mentality?

[/quote]If you think thats ricky''s mentality,thats your opinion.My opinion is as long as the club has happy clappers like you nutty then we are doomed to years of rubbish football in div 1 (if we manage to hold our own with no investment in players)Thats only my opinion of course[:(]

I''d give her a resting place...and dig the bloody hole......

What a pathetic whine when so much is desperately wrong at the club because of her....Unbelievable.

[quote user="The Judge"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]We mightn''t have a club to kill if it wasn''t for Delia and Michael, and people would do well to remember that. I''m not defending the board''s actions in recent years, and I definitely think it''s time for fresh investment (preferably from someone with prior experience of running a football club, irrespective of which team they may support), but they have invested about £9m of their own money into the club over the years. Where would we have been without that money in the wake of the ITV Digital collapse, and with average attendances in the 15,000 region after relegation in 1995? They only have themselves to blame for the stick that they''re getting now due to the continued failure of the ''prudence with ambition'' model (how they must be regretting ever using those words now!), but people are talking like their sole intention right from the start was to destroy the club. If it does turn nasty and we end up with protests and demos against the board then so be it, but a revolt from thousands of angry fans hardly makes us a more attractive investment proposition, does it? If nobody will buy Delia and MWJ''s shares, what happens then?[/quote]

"they have invested about £9m of their own money" - probably about the right amount Coelho. Issue is however they "loaned" this money to NCFC, and if you haven''t noticed by reading the accounts over the past few years they have how converted these loans to shares. So in the event of them selling - they will get ALL there money back. Now i''m not saying this is wrong or unfair - but please don''t for one minute think Delia Smith has put ANY money into this club she won''t get back.

[/quote]Loans they may be, but the money was still invested in the club, and at a vital time in its history. I''m not naive enough to think that the £9m was a lump-sum gift, but that injection of finance could well have saved us from ruin in the mid- to late-1990s.It strikes me that there is a paradox here. If Delia sells her shares she will get her money back, but if she sells out to the first bidder in order to recoup her investment she stands to be accused of ''self-interest'' by angry fans ("She jumped ship when the going got tough"). If she hangs on to her shareholding, the same fans would argue that she is killing the club, whereas the reality is probably that she wants to make sure that the club is in a strong financial position for the future before she takes that money back again, hence the comments about only selling to the right buyer. Much as the billionaire benefactor seems like a panacea in the modern game, sooner or later one of these plastic empires is going to come down like a house of cards when the playboy gets fed up with his new toy.All I am saying is that we must be careful not to jump from the proverbial frying pan into the fire (financially I mean - we''re already in the fire as far as the football is concerned). The board needs to be much more proactive in finding new investment, but the last thing we need is to end up saddling ourselves with a Giovanni di Stefano figure by actily too hastily when the future of our club is at stake.

[quote user="lobster catcher"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

So Ricky...

[/quote]If you think thats ricky''s mentality,thats your opinion.My opinion is as long as the club has happy clappers like you nutty then we are doomed to years of rubbish football in div 1 (if we manage to hold our own with no investment in players)Thats only my opinion of course[:(][/quote]

Now I don''t know anymore about Ricky''s mentality than you do mine. All I did was point out to Ricky that he was doing exactly what he was accusing others of doing. Read what''s written on the posts above Lobster.

He then comes back and calls me a know all and you call me a happy clapper. It''s water off a ducks back to me mate. I just call things as I see them. This board made mistakes by under-investing in the team. I posted about it on here way back when Worthy tried to bring attention to it. Nobody cared then because they had another target. At various times since then I have criticised the board for not investing in the team. But I have defended them when stuff is made up against them in the same way I did Worthy when stuff was made up about him. In fact I will defend anyone anywhere if I feel they are being attacked unjustly.

The way I see things now the lack of investment in the football team over the last 2 seasons has caught up with us. Peter Grants was a mistake, as much as we didn''t want him to be, and it looks like he has made mistakes with the money he had to spend. So we are left with a group of players who look incapable of keeping us in this division.

But action has been taken. We now have a manager who I feel is better than our league position deserves. He needs to be backed with the neccessary funds to buy us out of trouble because that is the only option. Will he get those funds? Your guess is as good as mine. But there''s not too much us supporters can do about it. If Roeder doesn''t get the support he needs then we certainly will have your protests. I am sure he will do a Worthy and tell us if he is let down.

But if we see the board, manager and players doing all they can to turn this around then we need to play our part. Because if we do start to pick up points, an atmosphere of protest and recrimination could be detrimental to our chances of staying in this division. Then the place for protest will be the supporters forums and most importantly the AGM. I will never support protest in the stands or outside the ground unless we are in a position where the results no longer matter. Our job is to support the team we love.. or thats what I always believed.

[quote user="ricky knight"]Listen NN mr know it all, i started NAG against South, i was on the frontline against Chase, i have done my bit for the cause but i would be quite willing to sign a petition or take part in a peaceful demo, i already have said i wont go inside CR till that woman has gone, thing is mate, what are you going to do, keep saying, "everything is wonderful in the garden" get real pal, being sleepy is one thing NN, but you are in a coma.[/quote]

Looks like you are a serial protester then Ricky[:''(] Well done mate[Y] Did you join in the "zigger zagger" chanting against Watling too? You would have a full set if you did. Credit to you though mate because not many people will admit there were protests against South or Watling.

See I never said everything in the garden was wonderful, I just pointed out that you were doing exactly what you were accusing others of. I guess you made it personal because you didn''t like that.

I don''t care if you don''t go to games. I don''t think not going to games means you are less of a fan. I go to more games than most but I don''t want any medals. But what I do believe is that enticing others to demonstrate and chant against the board when you have no intention of being there yourself is wrong.

Smudger has got more credibility than a lot of you others put together. He doesn''t expect anyone to do something he is not prepared to do himself.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="The Judge"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]
We mightn''t have a club to kill if it wasn''t for Delia and Michael, and people would do well to remember that. I''m not defending the board''s actions in recent years, and I definitely think it''s time for fresh investment (preferably from someone with prior experience of running a football club, irrespective of which team they may support), but they have invested about £9m of their own money into the club over the years. Where would we have been without that money in the wake of the ITV Digital collapse, and with average attendances in the 15,000 region after relegation in 1995?

They only have themselves to blame for the stick that they''re getting now due to the continued failure of the ''prudence with ambition'' model (how they must be regretting ever using those words now!), but people are talking like their sole intention right from the start was to destroy the club. If it does turn nasty and we end up with protests and demos against the board then so be it, but a revolt from thousands of angry fans hardly makes us a more attractive investment proposition, does it? If nobody will buy Delia and MWJ''s shares, what happens then?
[/quote]

[/quote]
Loans they may be, but the money was still invested in the club, and at a vital time in its history. I''m not naive enough to think that the £9m was a lump-sum gift, but that injection of finance could well have saved us from ruin in the mid- to late-1990s.

It strikes me that there is a paradox here. If Delia sells her shares she will get her money back, but if she sells out to the first bidder in order to recoup her investment she stands to be accused of ''self-interest'' by angry fans ("She jumped ship when the going got tough"). If she hangs on to her shareholding, the same fans would argue that she is killing the club, whereas the reality is probably that she wants to make sure that the club is in a strong financial position for the future before she takes that money back again, hence the comments about only selling to the right buyer. Much as the billionaire benefactor seems like a panacea in the modern game, sooner or later one of these plastic empires is going to come down like a house of cards when the playboy gets fed up with his new toy.

All I am saying is that we must be careful not to jump from the proverbial frying pan into the fire (financially I mean - we''re already in the fire as far as the football is concerned). The board needs to be much more proactive in finding new investment, but the last thing we need is to end up saddling ourselves with a Giovanni di Stefano figure by actily too hastily when the future of our club is at stake.
[/quote]Jumping ship when the going got tough,i thinkyou will find alot of fans will be delighted if this happened.imo its her stubbiness to let go that is putting new investors off

[quote user="CLUCK"]

I''d give her a resting place...and dig the bloody hole......

What a pathetic whine when so much is desperately wrong at the club because of her....Unbelievable.

[/quote]

..........you are joking, arn''t you?[:^)]

[quote user="lobster catcher"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="The Judge"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]We mightn''t have a club to kill if it wasn''t for Delia and Michael, and people would do well to remember that. I''m not defending the board''s actions in recent years, and I definitely think it''s time for fresh investment (preferably from someone with prior experience of running a football club, irrespective of which team they may support), but they have invested about £9m of their own money into the club over the years. Where would we have been without that money in the wake of the ITV Digital collapse, and with average attendances in the 15,000 region after relegation in 1995? They only have themselves to blame for the stick that they''re getting now due to the continued failure of the ''prudence with ambition'' model (how they must be regretting ever using those words now!), but people are talking like their sole intention right from the start was to destroy the club. If it does turn nasty and we end up with protests and demos against the board then so be it, but a revolt from thousands of angry fans hardly makes us a more attractive investment proposition, does it? If nobody will buy Delia and MWJ''s shares, what happens then?[/quote]

[/quote]Loans they may be, but the money was still invested in the club, and at a vital time in its history. I''m not naive enough to think that the £9m was a lump-sum gift, but that injection of finance could well have saved us from ruin in the mid- to late-1990s.It strikes me that there is a paradox here. If Delia sells her shares she will get her money back, but if she sells out to the first bidder in order to recoup her investment she stands to be accused of ''self-interest'' by angry fans ("She jumped ship when the going got tough"). If she hangs on to her shareholding, the same fans would argue that she is killing the club, whereas the reality is probably that she wants to make sure that the club is in a strong financial position for the future before she takes that money back again, hence the comments about only selling to the right buyer. Much as the billionaire benefactor seems like a panacea in the modern game, sooner or later one of these plastic empires is going to come down like a house of cards when the playboy gets fed up with his new toy.All I am saying is that we must be careful not to jump from the proverbial frying pan into the fire (financially I mean - we''re already in the fire as far as the football is concerned). The board needs to be much more proactive in finding new investment, but the last thing we need is to end up saddling ourselves with a Giovanni di Stefano figure by actily too hastily when the future of our club is at stake.[/quote]Jumping ship when the going got tough,i thinkyou will find alot of fans will be delighted if this happened.imo its her stubbiness to let go that is putting new investors off[/quote]Personally, I would be pleased if this happened - I also think it''s time for Delia and MWJ to sell their shareholding for the good of the club. All I''m saying is that they will be (and should be) very cautious who they sell those shares to. Begging for investment is a good idea on the surface, but be careful what you wish for! A quick fix buy-out could end up damaging us irreparably in the future.

The reason i dont get to many games NN is because of my professional life clashing with match days but i had years of going home and away, hitchhiking most games when i was young cause i could not afford to go otherwise, luckily enough Lily used to smuggle me on the coach to come home many times, i went to many away games over the years in back of vans or any transport available, this happened for years.

Arther South once said all Barclay members were scum and not city supporters hence the Norwich Action Group started by four of us which grew to 1000 within a week, we had meetings with city hierarchy at the packed Heartsease pub and after a while South retracted his stupid statement.

Chase was an arrogant fool who said he would never leave, hence the protests, police horses, bullies, tried to stop the protests but could not but he did not do half the damage Smith is doing.

I firmly believe if Dennis Smith not Delia ran this club there would have been protests already, i am sick of people making excuses for her, she has failed and should GO bottom line.

Ricky.. I remember going on Lilys coach in the days of mascot coaches. I always see her now where ever I go even places like Rochdale on a Tuesday night and Plymouth last Saturday.

[quote user="ricky knight"]then ask her if  i am a true supporter or not, tell her i send her my regards.[/quote]

Ricky.. I never questioned if you were a true sup[porter.. read the posts! All I said was that you were doing exactly what you accused others of doing. You are the one throwing the insults.