Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Why do I feel like we won!.

[quote user="Smudger"]Coz you are about to swing with popular opiniion again maybe???  [+o(][/quote]

No, he''s accepting today was a step in the right direction. Few, if any, have overreacted to today''s events - and most have shown the temperance you and Cluck don''t possess to come out and say - right, this is a good sign. But we need more and for the board to back this manager with the money he needs.

You and Cluck need a sharp shock; your continued critcism is unwarranted and unnecessary. You fail to recognise any positives and there were alot to come out of today.

No one has said the problems are over. Far from it. It is only you who has seemed to construed this and this is why you and Cluck are not Norwich City supporters as you can''t support the club in any circumstance through your narrow minded and stupid viewpoint on this club.

In short, you don''t deserve to bare the mantle of a Norwich City fan, as one of the thousands that did this club proud and fans like you bring equal amounts of shame to this club as the board you so viciously villify.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

I was so bloody proud of City and Roeder today, that I was in tears at the end. Tears of joy and pride in my team reborn............anyone who refuses to see or acknowledge that is just kidding themselves.[/quote]

All real Norwich fans were proud today how could they not be agter that gutsy display.

[quote user="CLUCK"]suddenly all is well because we get 1 point from a game against a bunch of teenagers.....I somehow feel a Chelsea moment coming on.....[/quote]

You''re right..we should have got 3 points today. I actually felt at the end like we lost 2 points, there was a 10/15 minute spell in the second half when Ipswich were broken and hoofing it out of play was their only option. A win would have been perfect given the sit-yoo-ashon.

Good job Ipswich put out a young / weakened team in these unimportant matches  [:^)]

[quote user="fuzzyfelt"][quote user="Wings"][quote user="TwoSheds"]

Thats it.....one half decent performance. Lets put all the delia and board squit behind us now shall we?

Not on your bloody nelly!

[/quote]

You can support the side without supporting the board you ninny. That''s why Smudger, 1st Wiz and Cluck et al will never have my respect; because they have stopped supporting the side in order to get at the board. Wrong, IMO.

[/quote]

Definitely.

You don''t undermine the team just to show your dislike of the board.  I''d like them to stand down tomorrow, but I''m not going to boo the team in order to get this to happen.

This does however show what a complete cock-up the appointment of Grant and Duffy was.  They were a different side today in almost every way.  The board should absolutely be held accountable for this terrible decision and should not be allowed to forget what a balls up they''ve made of the last 12 months.

[/quote]

It not just the last 12 months - its ever since they have been in charge of the club ! - The last 3 seasons however they have supassed themselves with their sheer incompetence..

How a Chief Executive (i.e. Doncaster) can still be in charge, with the team in the position it is now, and with the financeas as they are beggars belief. Yet incredible Andrew Turner at the AGM said he was doing a good job !!!

Excellent performance yesterday - Russell and Chadwick looked like different players. If it wasn''t for 2 bits of sloppy defending we would have won the game easily.

[quote user="CLUCK"][quote user="TwoSheds"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

I don''t care what the binner fans say, I feel like we won the derby game and had DD stayed on..........we might well have!. Passing and movement was a 100% better and I thought Rusty and Chadders were imense today, and Curo''s goal was awsome.

Taylor looked commanding, as dids Laps, and if this is the result of the Roeder effect..........then I want more. 

Bring on Watford.[:D]

[/quote]

Thats it.....one half decent performance. Lets put all the delia and board squit behind us now shall we?

[/quote]

Embarrassing isn''t it TwoSheds?  No wonder they swallow all of the tripe served up by Doncaster''s spin machine so readily......

We''re adrift at the bottom of the table yet suddenly all is well because we get 1 point from a game against a bunch of teenagers.....I somehow feel a Chelsea moment coming on.....

[/quote]

We all want the directors to change as much as you.  But for once lets appreciate a good footballing performance. 

Oh and Ipswich are hardly a bunch of ordinary teenagers are they, half of them are from the FA youth cup winning side of a couple of years ago.  Lets also not forget that irrespective of age they were one of the form teams in this division, I think we made them look somewhat average in the 2nd half.

Strange how some fans continue to cause derision amongst the fan base when it is more united than it has ever been. Anwers a few questions about whether some posters are actually fans or trouble makers. The manager has asked for unity. 99.9% of fans responded and what did it feel like? Superb. Not been in an atmosphere like that since we beat Manure at CR.Let these miserbale SOB''s try to divide us now as we plot our way out of the relegation zone. It won''t work because thay have found themselves back in the uncomfortable minority yet again. United we stand divided we fall don''t let them have their way and lets enjoy more perfomances from fans and players alike and lets build on Sundays'' awsome comeback!

[quote user="PJ Bimbo"]Strange how some fans continue to cause derision amongst the fan base when it is more united than it has ever been. Anwers a few questions about whether some posters are actually fans or trouble makers. The manager has asked for unity. 99.9% of fans responded and what did it feel like? Superb. Not been in an atmosphere like that since we beat Manure at CR.

Let these miserbale SOB''s try to divide us now as we plot our way out of the relegation zone. It won''t work because thay have found themselves back in the uncomfortable minority yet again. United we stand divided we fall don''t let them have their way and lets enjoy more perfomances from fans and players alike and lets build on Sundays'' awsome comeback!
[/quote]

Quite agree PJ the fans did respond and were awesome, as for the minority its them who missed out not us!

Sunday was fantastic. Great atmosphere, huge improvement in performance and a two goal come back. All of which gives me optimism that we have turned the corner and are at last on the long road back.

I refuse to let you miserable sods spoil it for me and the other thousands.

[quote user="Wings"]
Your flip-flopping of opinion has no weight with me. You are a fan who criticises when it''s easiest to crticise and lumps on the praise during the good times. As soon as it all goes bad again, you''ll be back to sharing the opinions of the aforementioneds and hence I cannot respect you nor deem you someone supporting this side.
[/quote]

Err Wings? where have I ''flip fopped'' on Roeder?, yes, he wasn''t my choice, I said that in a joke thread before he even signed for us!

But I also started a thread supporting him and the players way BEFORE the Ippo game. Likewise, my stance on the board remains the same.

As to your lack of respect to me, I do not even value it or seek it, its quite worthless to me, and of no importance whatsoever. I have long since paid my dues in the supporting stakes, home and away, and probably before you were born!.[:|]

Now bring on Watford.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Wings"]
Your flip-flopping of opinion has no weight with me. You are a fan who criticises when it''s easiest to crticise and lumps on the praise during the good times. As soon as it all goes bad again, you''ll be back to sharing the opinions of the aforementioneds and hence I cannot respect you nor deem you someone supporting this side.
[/quote]

Err Wings? where have I ''flip fopped'' on Roeder?, yes, he wasn''t my choice, I said that in a joke thread before he even signed for us!

But I also started a thread supporting him and the players way BEFORE the Ippo game. Likewise, my stance on the board remains the same.

As to your lack of respect to me, I do not even value it or seek it, its quite worthless to me, and of no importance whatsoever. I have long since paid my dues in the supporting stakes, home and away, and probably before you were born!.[:|]

Now bring on Watford.

[/quote]

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1064267/ShowPost.aspx

Nothing but a flip flop fan, I''m afraid.

I go to the game but sadly I had to disagree some points with you

point 1 agree, they are poor in the first half and they are 2-0 up only because they take their chances.

point 2 agree, yes and it was fantastic feeling, but also consider when the 2nd half clock start tick, Ipswich just don''t want to attack

point 3, agree, blame the linesman too. The new law say if he intend to get the ball to attack and take advantage then you are offside, then why a goalkeeper clearence from half way is the same? Can''t understand that

point 4, half agree

point 5 agree

point 6, agree but not sure Taylor, but Brellier for me is MOTM, new Gary Holt!

point 7 agree, but he carry an injury or something quite early in the 2nd half and the bench did not know it

point 8, how can you say? 200% agree

point 9, disagree. He just use the same players we got when Grant had, also, we did not play an away game yet.

point 10, disagree. Where are we now mate? Long and hard seasons to go yet mate

I cant remember such a good performance and a great match to watch in a long time, but it is disheartening that despite this there is still so much negativity on this message board, albeit from the same individuals.  Noone has given the board credit, whilst acknowledging its past (perhaps many) failures, of appointing a management team now that seems (at least on the first match - and it is only that) to be able to get the players playing to give us a chance of staying up, or better.

I dont think the board can now sack Roeder and Co if things dont turn around this year anyway - that would be madness - so perhaps everyone should forget about the shortcoming of the board now until the end of the season and get behind the whole club.  If we are relegated we''ve had it and so has the board anyway - so this underlying negativity just can''t be good for the club and us supporters as a whole! 

[quote user="Wings"]http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1064267/ShowPost.aspx

[/quote]

All you''ve manage to prove Wings, is your stunning inability to read and digest my posts. I said only a few posts back:

This is the joke thread you''ve linked to, and check the start date of said thread, Roeder wasn''t even here then!. Hell, someone even had to remind you that I started this one!.

So stop  pi**ing on our superb performance yesterday by continuing in your childish and petty point scoring, and learn to read properly.

Now, lets hammer Watford, I''m pretty sure Glen''s boys will be up for this one too. OTBC.

Firstly my post on this topic made it onto the back page of the EDP Sport pull out!!! Wahee! Congratulations must also go to 25 Over Par, Jonny Boy, 1st Wizard, Canary Nut, Yellow Ice and Nutty Nigel for having their comments published.

Yes, We are on the way up, in terms of league position we cant go down!

As for Brllier being the new Gary Holt -

"He''s Here, he''s there, he''s every bloody where, Brellier, Brellier.."!!

credit were credit is due, the team played well the manager did well and that performance was something to smile about, and the reason people feel like we won today was that plain and simple w didnt give up like we have done many a game recently and we took the game to them,we out played them, and dont forget this is a team that has not been beaten yet at home and are 4th in the division because they have a agood form this season, for all those slagging wiz off, all hes done is said he was pleased to be a Norwich fan cos of the heart and passion the team showed, surely hes allowed to support the team without supporting the board, no where has he mentioned he loves the board hes happy with delia has he, so unless he openly says he loves these things then hes not changed his tune on these things, and i doubt he will change his mind on those to things, but he does have the rite to praise the team when they do well and slag em off when they dont, its a fans perogative

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Wings"]http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1064267/ShowPost.aspx

[/quote]

All you''ve manage to prove Wings, is your stunning inability to read and digest my posts. I said only a few posts back:

This is the joke thread you''ve linked to, and check the start date of said thread, Roeder wasn''t even here then!. Hell, someone even had to remind you that I started this one!.

So stop  pi**ing on our superb performance yesterday by continuing in your childish and petty point scoring, and learn to read properly.

Now, lets hammer Watford, I''m pretty sure Glen''s boys will be up for this one too. OTBC.

[/quote]

Oh come on; that thread is totally sincere and everyone can see that. You''re not fooling anyone, Wiz; not with your stupid attempts to highlight your points with your bold and different colours, not with your claims that the highlighted thread was "just a joke".  

So was this a joke?

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1066091/ShowPost.aspx

Or this?

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1064020/ShowPost.aspx

Or this?

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1065078/ShowPost.aspx

But it appears I''m far from the first to notice you''re total lack of credability and conviction.

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1066091/ShowPost.aspx

and...

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1065768/ShowPost.aspx

...and my personal favourite....

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1066225/ShowPost.aspx

by Jesse Garon''s twin brother

"1st Wizard has always changed his mind like I change my boxer shorts. Although I don''t have many posts now I have been a member on this forum for years under an old password, so I''ve seen many a u turn from him."

You "claim" you support the side in the interest of unity. If that were the case, you''d settle on an opinion and stick with it, not pander to the masses.

Flip, flop, flip, flop.

To be honest, I wouldn''t normally bat an eye lash; but stood there on the stands, feeling the immense pride surging through my veins as my fellow fans around me gave 150% to support their team made me appreciate just how lucky and proud I was to support a side with supporters that showed unflinching loyalty, incredible passion and the sheer determination to do what they can to lift this club out of the misery it finds itself in.

You can''t understand my anger at someone who clearly claims to be part of that, when you clearly aren''t.

"So stop  pi**ing on our superb performance yesterday by continuing in your childish and petty point scoring, and learn to read properly."

I stand up for the fans that have stuck through this club through the bad times; the people on this forum who come here daily and show their support. The people who made the Carrow Road crowd electric; the people up and down the country willing the team on. It''s one thing to be among those who don''t do this; you all know who they are. It''s an entirely different thing altogether to flit between these two camps as and when it suits you, as 1st Wiz clearly does.

[quote user="Royal Anglian all the way"]

for all those slagging wiz off, all hes done is said he was pleased to be a Norwich fan cos of the heart and passion the team showed, surely hes allowed to support the team without supporting the board, no where has he mentioned he loves the board hes happy with delia has he, so unless he openly says he loves these things then hes not changed his tune on these things, and i doubt he will change his mind on those to things, but he does have the rite to praise the team when they do well and slag em off when they dont, its a fans perogative
[/quote]

Cheers Royal Anglian, and to be fair most posters on here see it that way. Of course, there always will be the ''no marks'' who don''t, but they never answer my points anyway, they just see the old wizard avatar, and their tiny little brains fuse!.

They also spend an awful lot of their time trawling through my old posts and putting them up on here, yes, I should feel flattered, but I feel only pity for them I guess. They really need to get a life and drop their wizard fixation!.

But getting back to the team, against the filth we saw City reborn, I hope it continues against Watford tonight, and if you offered me a point right now , I think I''d take it, yes?.

My last take on this with you Wings:

What the hell are you on pal?.

If you''re going to bring links to old threads, then do it correctly! most weren''t even started by me!.............and where I did reply, I stand by it, like this one you so conviently missed:

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1067288/ShowPost.aspx

I could play this game all day long, I could link to thousands of my old posts, but I do have another life to live. And another reasons why I won''t respond to attempted posts by you in the future are:

You can''t debate. you cannot read and digest matters, you don''t have the same lineage as I in Canary supporting, and lastly, quite frankly, you''re tiresome on the soul![:|]

same old same old tho wiz, u support the team and when they do well youlet people know youv apreciated this, yet they seem hell bent on bringing up old posts which actually have no bearing at all, most of these posts have been about ure disgust with the way the clubs run from the board to grant and your dismay at the way the teams performed, but hey when they play bad we all have the right to moan about it, just strikes as incredible that you get slagged off as a flip flop for just praising the team when they do well, and being annoyed at saying your mind when they play bad, i bet you ask everyonje on here if theyve ever slagged off norwich ciy, whether it be in a pub or at home with family, and i bet you everyone of there honest will say yesmakes em a tad hypoctritical to me

[quote user="Royal Anglian all the way"]same old same old tho wiz, u support the team and when they do well youlet people know youv apreciated this, yet they seem hell bent on bringing up old posts which actually have no bearing at all, most of these posts have been about ure disgust with the way the clubs run from the board to grant and your dismay at the way the teams performed, but hey when they play bad we all have the right to moan about it, just strikes as incredible that you get slagged off as a flip flop for just praising the team when they do well, and being annoyed at saying your mind when they play bad, i bet you ask everyonje on here if theyve ever slagged off norwich ciy, whether it be in a pub or at home with family, and i bet you everyone of there honest will say yes

makes em a tad hypoctritical to me
[/quote]

Exactly! mate.

But getting them to be totally honest, well, thats the rub eh?.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Royal Anglian all the way"]same old same old tho wiz, u support the team and when they do well youlet people know youv apreciated this, yet they seem hell bent on bringing up old posts which actually have no bearing at all, most of these posts have been about ure disgust with the way the clubs run from the board to grant and your dismay at the way the teams performed, but hey when they play bad we all have the right to moan about it, just strikes as incredible that you get slagged off as a flip flop for just praising the team when they do well, and being annoyed at saying your mind when they play bad, i bet you ask everyonje on here if theyve ever slagged off norwich ciy, whether it be in a pub or at home with family, and i bet you everyone of there honest will say yes

[/quote]

Exactly! mate.

But getting them to be totally honest, well, thats the rub eh?.

[/quote]

Speaking about rub Wizard, have you rubbed those balls lately? Maybe that''s all that''sd required to start a run of wins under the new manager.

Why on earth not.  Gary Holt was a class player during our promotion season.

Never came back the same man after his lung injury.  Shame really cause three lungs was awesome at times

[quote user="Royal Anglian all the way"]credit were credit is due, the team played well the manager did well and that performance was something to smile
 about, and the reason people feel like we won today was that plain and simple w didnt give up like we have done many a game recently and we took the game to them,we out played them, and dont forget this is a team that has not been beaten yet at home and are 4th in the division because they have a agood form this season,

for all those slagging wiz off, all hes done is said he was pleased to be a Norwich fan cos of the heart and passion the team showed, surely hes allowed to support the team without supporting the board, no where has he mentioned he loves the board hes happy with delia has he, so unless he openly says he loves these things then hes not changed his tune on these things, and i doubt he will change his mind on those to things, but he does have the rite to praise the team when they do well and slag em off when they dont, its a fans perogative
[/quote]

This post = Nail on the head.

Couldn''t have put it better myself. This is a good thread started by Wiz. He may not be everyones favourite fan, but with this post he has my personal thumbs up. Considering all of the board rubbish thats been going on, he took a ''credit where credits due'' approach to our fantastic performance. And Im with you Wiz, I felt like we won too.

I think Roeder wasn''t a bad appointement considering some of the names that were thrown about. Bottom of the championship and we got Glen - lets face it we could have ended up with a HELL of a lot worse!

OTBC!

[/quote]

Don''t give a toss either way about the 1st Wiz debate, but I have never slagged off Norwich City, it would be like slagging off your family. The stuff that some people write on here makes my blood boil when I read how they run down the club. We can all have differences of opinions about different players, tactics  and members of the board, but at the end of the day it''s the club we love and running them down in a disrespectful way should be a no go area just like if someone were to be disrespectful to your family.

[quote user="Mark Rivers..."]Everyone know''s you are an ipswich fan, smudger... why not just admit it?[/quote]

Everybody knows that you are a muppet by implying such stoopid things... [:D]

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]

Sunday was fantastic. Great atmosphere, huge improvement in performance and a two goal come back. All of which gives me optimism that we have turned the corner and are at last on the long road back.

I refuse to let you miserable sods spoil it for me and the other thousands.

[/quote]

oh???

But it won''t be us runing it for you will it???  The board, their useless choice of a manager and our awful team that are a disgrace to the shirt will spoil it all for you without our help...

Just remember though that we will be sat here laughing at you while it happens.... [:D]

[quote user="TwoSheds"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

I don''t care what the binner fans say, I feel like we won the derby game and had DD stayed on..........we might well have!. Passing and movement was a 100% better and I thought Rusty and Chadders were imense today, and Curo''s goal was awsome.

Taylor looked commanding, as dids Laps, and if this is the result of the Roeder effect..........then I want more. 

Bring on Watford.[:D]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah yets just do what you do, sit in your chair and moan about all things Norwich City, that will make things alot better!!!

whingeing sod