Sign in to follow this  
grinner

ron ashman

sad to see the passing away of one of citys true greats ron ashman .as reported on tele tex will be sadly missed by all city fans.

As a footballer, he always gave an honest effort and performance and captained his team through some wonderful experiences. I also suspect he was a very nice human being. Rest in peace Ron.

I remember that centenary game where he came and watched and remember him sitting right next to the dug-out and when being paraded before the game, although he was quite fragile and legs not to good, he still managed to walk quite well unaided and without sticks. Does anyone think if we might have a minute silence before the start of the 1st home game even though it will be getting on for 2 months since he died.

I was fortunate to see Ron Ashman play and he led by example, a true loyal clubman. Let us also remember that he brought to the club, as manager, two of the all time great players, namely Kevin Keelan and Ron Davies.
Rest in peace Ron.

A really great servant to Norwich City as player and manager - I too was fortunate to watch Ron play on many occaisions. I remember standing next to him, in total awe as a young boy at Cambridge United when Norwich played them in an East Anglian cup game back in the sixties. He was a real gentleman I have always treasured the autograph he signed for me that night.

Rest in peace Ron and many thanks for all those happy memories.

I''m truely sad this morning, Ron to me, showed what a ''City legend'' is all about. He led by example. I started watching City when I was 8 years old, in the late fifties, so I had the privilage to see Ron play many, many times.

Although the gentleman has gone, his memory will go on in my mind. A TRUE legend in every sense of the word.

I can only pass on my best regards to his family, and Peter, why not present a book of condolence to his family, similar to the the Iwan tribute, with posters best wishes?.

R.I.P Ron.

As far as my father is concerned you were one of the best, so I can only agree. I am far too young to have seen you play, but I''ve seen the old footage. You looked a superb player.

i am sure this will happen james, although i am not a great fan of silences to remember the dead (sometimes they are completely unconnected to football, so why at a football ground?), in this case it is entirely appropriate as ron was one of our greatest players

i hope the club do something to remember him - naming something at the ground after him for example - don''t know if eveything in the new stand is named yet - but a tribute would be in order

Watched him play,admired him and his style. He loved the game and gave his all. in every match he was a great ambassador for fair play. Above all he was the epitimy of loyalty. Although he left the City because the powers that were at that time, decided that a change was necessary, what price the loyalty of a good and trusted servant? To his family my sincere condolences. R.I.P RON!!!

Lovely guy met him at a Northern Canaries get together in Sheffield earlier this year , where he sang the '' 1959 version of OTBC '' . You had to be there , but the guy sweated blood for Norwich City and was a fantastic ambassador for our club too . He will be sadly missed .
R I P Ron .

I also was priviliged to see him play, and watch him manage. A true gentleman who had the best interests of NCFC at heart. I wish there were more like him.

I''m glad Ron lived to see Norwich back in the premiership. Our promotion probably chuffed him no end.
I don''t think we''ll see his like again, which is sad.