Sign in to follow this  
St.John Cooper

RESIGN NOW OR GET SACKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="JohnoBono"]

If Norwich City sack Peter Grant or not I think whatever happens we have difficult times ahead. The dark clouds of relegation I fear are looming over us. We are suffering because of this clubs obsesion with ''Prudence with Ambition''. We are suffering because of the boards attitude while in the Premiership and over the last few seasons and the total waste of the parachute payments. This club has been milked dry of talent on the football pitch over the last few years. We got rid of Worthington far too late after so much damage was done by then, and then we appointed Peter Grant.

Peter Grant is a Coach, not a manager, and that is where our problem lies. He has only so far been an assistant coach. Yes all managers have to start somewhere, but this was and is a too big a job for a coach trying his hand at his first stab at management.

As I said the problem lies in that Peter Grant is a coach not a manager.You can see it with the way he stands on the side of the pitch shouting and waving his arms about like a helicopter out of control. A manager prepares a team and sends them out onto the pitch confident he has told them all he has to tell them, or more or less, and trusts the team to get on with the job with the odd adjustment and subsitution along the way. It does seem to me and I might well be wrong that Peter Grant does not fully Trust his team to follow out his instructions.

Also the players seem so confused. Who would not be with all that shouting and pointing. Stand there, run here, move that way. Suggest the Grant has not really thought it all through. Rather clueless today playing your smallest striker down the middle, and our target man out wide!   

Poor tactics, poor signings, poor football, Prudence with Ambition, I think that this club needs a change, a big change. It''s time for brave hearts, honest assessment, real soul searching and bold decisions because the future of our football club really is at stake

[/quote]

This has to be post of the week. Summed up perfectly. Every word spot on, Bono. It''s sad to have to agree with all of that.

Hope the board actually reads it. Send it to Doncaster.

What really bothers me is that we made Sheffield Wednesday look good!

They''re as average as we are, but they had and utlilised pace, went for goal-OK, Kavanagh was wayward, but he wasn''t afraid to have a shot-and they seemed a hell of a lot more organised.

We had Cureton on one flank, Brown on the other, fuck knows where Hucks was meant to be, bet he doesn''t know himself.

I have to say, like a sapling in the wind, I am swaying towards the side of the dissenters this evening-that was just dreadful.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"][quote user="JohnoBono"]

If Norwich City sack Peter Grant or not I think whatever happens we have difficult times ahead. The dark clouds of relegation I fear are looming over us. We are suffering because of this clubs obsesion with ''Prudence with Ambition''. We are suffering because of the boards attitude while in the Premiership and over the last few seasons and the total waste of the parachute payments. This club has been milked dry of talent on the football pitch over the last few years. We got rid of Worthington far too late after so much damage was done by then, and then we appointed Peter Grant.

Peter Grant is a Coach, not a manager, and that is where our problem lies. He has only so far been an assistant coach. Yes all managers have to start somewhere, but this was and is a too big a job for a coach trying his hand at his first stab at management.

As I said the problem lies in that Peter Grant is a coach not a manager.You can see it with the way he stands on the side of the pitch shouting and waving his arms about like a helicopter out of control. A manager prepares a team and sends them out onto the pitch confident he has told them all he has to tell them, or more or less, and trusts the team to get on with the job with the odd adjustment and subsitution along the way. It does seem to me and I might well be wrong that Peter Grant does not fully Trust his team to follow out his instructions.

Also the players seem so confused. Who would not be with all that shouting and pointing. Stand there, run here, move that way. Suggest the Grant has not really thought it all through. Rather clueless today playing your smallest striker down the middle, and our target man out wide!   

Poor tactics, poor signings, poor football, Prudence with Ambition, I think that this club needs a change, a big change. It''s time for brave hearts, honest assessment, real soul searching and bold decisions because the future of our football club really is at stake

[/quote] This has to be post of the week. Summed up perfectly. Every word spot on, Bono. It''s sad to have to agree with all of that. Hope the board actually reads it. Send it to Doncaster.[/quote]

The board don''t give a monkeys Gazza... if you can''t see that by now then god help you!!!!

Oh I know that Smudger, or at least that''s their public face. But sooner or later they have to face reality. We are as near as damn it to the bottom of the league. We should have picked up more points, as the board have already stated they are putting everything into getting back to the Premiership. However, their reaction will ultimately be to sack Grant and make some statement saying it''s in the club''s best interests.

I have doubted their ambition in practice for some time, but maybe blindly or naively trusted the team could do well despite the constraints placed on them. I know also that Doncaster shields the board from much criticism - and that Delia and MWJ maybe are not aware of some fan''s feelings. Having said that there are a lot of fans who won''t hear a word said against them. You only had to be seated near me today to realise that!

A few more games like today and they won''t be able to give any excuse for the position we find ourselves in. Trouble is, when you have someone on the board with majority shares it takes a bit longer to get action of any kind. All MWJ and Delia have to do is stick together and out vote the rest. None of us know if any of them privately think there is a time for change at board level. Maybe they will cross fingers and hope things can turn around (as they hoped with NW). I hope for the club''s sake things will improve, but fear they won''t.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Oh I know that Smudger, or at least that''s their public face. But sooner or later they have to face reality. We are as near as damn it to the bottom of the league. We should have picked up more points, as the board have already stated they are putting everything into getting back to the Premiership. However, their reaction will ultimately be to sack Grant and make some statement saying it''s in the club''s best interests. I have doubted their ambition in practice for some time, but maybe blindly or naively trusted the team could do well despite the constraints placed on them. I know also that Doncaster shields the board from much criticism - and that Delia and MWJ maybe are not aware of some fan''s feelings. Having said that there are a lot of fans who won''t hear a word said against them. You only had to be seated near me today to realise that! A few more games like today and they won''t be able to give any excuse for the position we find ourselves in. Trouble is, when you have someone on the board with majority shares it takes a bit longer to get action of any kind. All MWJ and Delia have to do is stick together and out vote the rest. None of us know if any of them privately think there is a time for change at board level. Maybe they will cross fingers and hope things can turn around (as they hoped with NW). I hope for the club''s sake things will improve, but fear they won''t.[/quote]

A very honest appraisal Gazza... [Y]

Have said it for some time now... blindly following the blind will lead us nowhere....

The board need to be challenged and maybe the time is coming when the majority will be in the same camp as me and will be prepared to stand up and be counted???

I know that time will soon come.... We can only hope that we haven''t left it too late!!!

the trouble lies with the board.time after time they have been shown to have made bad decisions and appointments which are costing us dearly.I wouldn''t trust this lot to pick a winning manager from a shortlist of Fergusson,Wenger,Moriniho and Noddy the Nodding Dog.

Grant is over his head,once again the temptation to tinker around with the squad and formation proved to great,no wonder the players never know what they are supposed to be doing with so many tactical changes week in week out.

if we can''t afford to sack him we need to seriously consider geting in a director of football in to provide some much needed experience, someone like Big Ron or Harry Basset  to turn our squad of individuals into a team.

This has got to be the worst team since Hamilton or Megson. An utter disgrace that the idiots running (or should I say ruining) this club have allowed things to get this bad. Grant should go, but the feckless board shouldn''t be allowed to get away with the blame for appointing him in the first place. I''m sick to death of hearing them go on about getting into the Premier League, do they think we''re all morons?! This is the third straight season where we''ve been closer to the Third Division than the top flight. The club is in a mess and a state of decline and it''s about time Delia and Co were asked some tough questions.

Excellent post by JohnoBono - couldnt of said it better myself. I posted recently about Grants behaviour on the touch line - it is clear he is not a manager but an average coach - how the players have any respect for him I really wonder? clearly it is disappearing rapidly. Regarding Delia and MWJ - It is quite clear that if the right offer comes along they will be gone - it has all gone wrong for them and they are also out of the depth - sadly they are just too nice. If the board signed a deal with Grant whereby he gets a hefty payout if they sack him - then again they have been extremely niave - bringing in a totally inexperienced manager was a huge risk - but the contract should of been performance based. Grant has to be sacked immediately - replaced with an experienced manager like and Paul Jewel and for all our sakes we have to hope a new investor comes in soon to get rid of the the rest of the problem. Sadly there is no white knight Mr Watling to save us this time and also all the "Chase" property has gone - so the cupboard is bare - this still could be the clubs darkest hour.

I also want grant go and here is why:

What the hell does Lee Croft have to do to earn a starting place? Everytime he has come on this season we have a looked a totally different team going forward, he also brings outh the best in Semmy.  Yet PG sticks with chadwick when fit and then when he isnt he goes for 3 centre midfielders, even though he KNOWS we have to play 4-4-2 because it is the only formation we look good at.

Simon Lappin.....It seems this bloke has become undroppable.  Dont get me wrong he did ok at the start but you seem to be changing formations and dropping better players just so Lappin can play....today you dropped Russell so that lappin could play but the guy looks WAY WAY outta depth in the middle of the park.  He doesnt have the attacking ability or the pyhsical strengh to play in the middle but yet you persist with him.   The charlton game for instance.......you didnt drop curo just so you could add huckerby to the team....you dropped curo because lappin was on the LW and therefore hukerby had to go somewhere else.

You persist with Chris Brown even though Dave clearly deserves a start......not away from home at wolves.....he deserves to start a home game so the crowd can see him and build his confidence up.   Why was Chris Brown playing CM today??????????

When we went 1-0 down yesterday you looked like a beaten man....you did nothing but stand there with your arms crossed and looking up to the sky......no subs.....no shouting at the team to get them going.  We might aswell finished the game at 80 mins cos the last 10 we did nothing for a team losing 1-0 at home.  The players dont want to fight for you and that is why you must go and please go now.

I honestly don''t believe the squad of players we have, on balance, is any worse than it was for the last year under Worthy. We''ve gotten rid of a lot of dead wood in the last year or two, which all the fans were clamouring for us to do, and some of the players we''ve brought in I believe are good players (Marshall, Lappin, Otsemobor, Brellier, Cureton, Smith, Murray, Strihavka). Okay, a lot of them were cheap options, and we never truly replaced Earnshaw (although with the right team around him Cureton will score loads, as he proved last season), but I think the players we have are good enough for us to aspire towards a play-off place.The problem is not with the playing staff, it''s with the management. When PG was first appointed, I was as amazed as everyone else that we''d gone for a ''manager'' with no experience whatsoever, and I thought it was a mistake to appoint him. I really wanted to support PG, though - it was refreshing how he was prepared

to lambast his team, rather than use the tired old ''I can''t fault the

work-rate and commitment'' we became used to under NW. However, as time has ticked by, it has become apparent that he has no idea of how to get a team to play well, and yesterday was the final straw. Neil Adams said on Canary Call that the system was a ''4-5-1 cum 4-3-3'', but I couldn''t work out what it was supposed to be. The back four was obvious, but then we had no player wide on the right, Huckerby was not in his natural position on the left of midfield (he was drifting infield all the time), Brown seemed to be coming back into midfield (and even right-back at one point!) to get the ball, leaving Cureton on his own to win the long balls (nice tactic, that... just as with Earnshaw), and the supposed central three (Rossi, Spillane and Lappin) didn''t seem to know which opponents they were meant to be covering. In the 4-5-1, the two wide attacking players are supposed to be pushed further forward, but not only did they keep coming deep, but they seemed afraid to hug the touchline, thus stretching the play and giving us good opportunities to get the ball in the box.When we actually played well this season (ie. last half-hour against Southampton), it was because we had solid, consistent wide partnerships - Croft and Otsemobor on the right, Drury and Huckerby on the left. I could go on for hours, but the basic point is that our squad of players is not bad at all for this division (although we obviously need one more centre back), but the tactics and style of football are shockingly naive and downright confusing. With a proper, experienced manager with a great penchant for motivation and inspiration, this squad is good enough to challenge for the top six. With Grant in charge, we might just avoid the drop.Just the usual caveat to end, though - who is available to take over who wouldn''t cost the earth?

We dont have a board that can invets millions into the club and maybe they are not everything that we want,  but likewise there is not a board in the country which is completely supported by its fans.   Our our not the best but they are also far from the worst.   Whoever we have as the owners/board members will always be inadequate in my eyes and so I am very ambivalent over needing them replaced.

The only time I can be sure we are being completely financially mismanaged is when we have a smaller squad and spend less on wages than any of our competitors.  That we have 20 clubs sitting above us in the league (and the vast majority of them with a far smaller budget that grant has to play with) is down to the players and coaches not the board.

Our budget is not a relegation sized one but,  our performances,  driven by the manager,  are. 

Currently give me our board with Colchester or Scunthorpes managers and players and I will be a far happier fan than having Abramovich with our managers and playing staff. 

I got up this morning fully expecting to see Grant had done the decent thing and resigned, but alas, he is still here to torment me and send Norwich closer to League 1. This is the worst position Norwich City has been in for over 20 years. It is an utter disgrace and quite frankly Grant MUST go for the benefit of this club. We need an experienced manager in now, and the board seriously need to grow a spine and act before it''s too late, or else it''s going to get very very nasty. Unacceptable is the verdict so far. Our club is an utter shambles at the moment.

Be careful what you wish for though. As I understand it Delia/MWJ have put 8million GBP without any return. If they have enough of the abuse from fans and took their money out of the club then we really would be in deep trouble. I''m not happy with our league position but investing money in a championchip football club is a high risk, unprofitable venture for which you are more likely to get abuse rather than thanks. Ideally, we need more investment but I hardly see investors queuing up to invest in a blackhole and when you see the comments you see posted here then it certainly does not help.

[quote user="T"]Be careful what you wish for though. As I understand it Delia/MWJ have put 8million GBP without any return. If they have enough of the abuse from fans and took their money out of the club then we really would be in deep trouble. I''m not happy with our league position but investing money in a championchip football club is a high risk, unprofitable venture for which you are more likely to get abuse rather than thanks. Ideally, we need more investment but I hardly see investors queuing up to invest in a blackhole and when you see the comments you see posted here then it certainly does not help.[/quote]

Dear God....another apologist predicting an impending apocalypse if Smith and her sidekicks were to leave. Oh no!...what are we going to do now?...etbloodycetera!

It''s been done to death mate and just won''t work any more. The only interest Smith has (and has had) relates to her catering career and personal empire. The only interest Grant has now is to hang on for his "pay-off".

Put a plug in it and get real eh? The bogey man no longer lurks in the cupboard.........

[quote user="T"]Be careful what you wish for though. As I understand it Delia/MWJ have put 8million GBP without any return. If they have enough of the abuse from fans and took their money out of the club then we really would be in deep trouble. I''m not happy with our league position but investing money in a championchip football club is a high risk, unprofitable venture for which you are more likely to get abuse rather than thanks. Ideally, we need more investment but I hardly see investors queuing up to invest in a blackhole and when you see the comments you see posted here then it certainly does not help.[/quote]

If she can''t stand the heat.....

[quote user="T"]Be careful what you wish for though. As I understand it Delia/MWJ have put 8million GBP without any return. If they have enough of the abuse from fans and took their money out of the club then we really would be in deep trouble. I''m not happy with our league position but investing money in a championchip football club is a high risk, unprofitable venture for which you are more likely to get abuse rather than thanks. Ideally, we need more investment but I hardly see investors queuing up to invest in a blackhole and when you see the comments you see posted here then it certainly does not help.[/quote]We are already in debt so how would them taking their money away hurt.Anyclub that sells its best players,sells out nearly all its home games and never spends any money on players and still has no money is being badly run.Bring in sonone with half a brain and they will easily make norwich more profitable

[quote user="Coelho"]I honestly don''t believe the squad of players we have, on balance, is any worse than it was for the last year under Worthy. We''ve gotten rid of a lot of dead wood in the last year or two, which all the fans were clamouring for us to do, and some of the players we''ve brought in I believe are good players (Marshall, Lappin, Otsemobor, Brellier, Cureton, Smith, Murray, Strihavka). Okay, a lot of them were cheap options, and we never truly replaced Earnshaw (although with the right team around him Cureton will score loads, as he proved last season), but I think the players we have are good enough for us to aspire towards a play-off place.

The problem is not with the playing staff, it''s with the management. When PG was first appointed, I was as amazed as everyone else that we''d gone for a ''manager'' with no experience whatsoever, and I thought it was a mistake to appoint him. I really wanted to support PG, though - it was refreshing how he was prepared to lambast his team, rather than use the tired old ''I can''t fault the work-rate and commitment'' we became used to under NW. However, as time has ticked by, it has become apparent that he has no idea of how to get a team to play well, and yesterday was the final straw. Neil Adams said on Canary Call that the system was a ''4-5-1 cum 4-3-3'', but I couldn''t work out what it was supposed to be. The back four was obvious, but then we had no player wide on the right, Huckerby was not in his natural position on the left of midfield (he was drifting infield all the time), Brown seemed to be coming back into midfield (and even right-back at one point!) to get the ball, leaving Cureton on his own to win the long balls (nice tactic, that... just as with Earnshaw), and the supposed central three (Rossi, Spillane and Lappin) didn''t seem to know which opponents they were meant to be covering. In the 4-5-1, the two wide attacking players are supposed to be pushed further forward, but not only did they keep coming deep, but they seemed afraid to hug the touchline, thus stretching the play and giving us good opportunities to get the ball in the box.

When we actually played well this season (ie. last half-hour against Southampton), it was because we had solid, consistent wide partnerships - Croft and Otsemobor on the right, Drury and Huckerby on the left. I could go on for hours, but the basic point is that our squad of players is not bad at all for this division (although we obviously need one more centre back), but the tactics and style of football are shockingly naive and downright confusing. With a proper, experienced manager with a great penchant for motivation and inspiration, this squad is good enough to challenge for the top six. With Grant in charge, we might just avoid the drop.

Just the usual caveat to end, though - who is available to take over who wouldn''t cost the earth?
[/quote]

Spot on. We have competent to good players in every position. A decent manager would have them playing as a team. With so many new signings in the summer it was always likely to take a while, but when Grant insists on changing the personnel and the formation every week we have no chance.

Regardless of what you think about the board, the management of Colchester, Bristol City, Scunthorpe etc have got their inferior players playing as better teams than ours, and that is utterly unacceptable. Anything less than six points from the next two games and Grant must go, to give us the international break to sort out a replacement.

Couldn''t agree more.

Saturdays performance summed peter grant up....inept!!!

GRANT OUT!!!!!!!!