Sign in to follow this  
barclay4ever

Why Is Dave the Striker Taking So Long To Sign??

So the price has been agreed, a contract has been agreed, hes passed the medical, trained with the squad and even seems to hav a squad number lol, so why isn''t he signing until "the end of the week"?

can anybody shed any light on the reason why it is taking so long to seal? i cant think of any reasons which will be holding this deal up now, unless he doesnt want to com?

[quote user="barclay4ever"]

So the price has been agreed, a contract has been agreed, hes passed the medical, trained with the squad and even seems to hav a squad number lol, so why isn''t he signing until "the end of the week"?

can anybody shed any light on the reason why it is taking so long to seal? i cant think of any reasons which will be holding this deal up now, unless he doesnt want to com?

[/quote]

I guessing here, but I remember there being a mention of him turning out for one last game with them. He wouldn''t be able to do that if he was on our books... that how I figured it... (this is a total guess BTW!)

wouldnt it be hilarious if someone else came in and snapped him up from under our noses at Colney...

Remeber when we had Jussi Jaskelainen and never snapped him up? Bolton came in and poached him.

jas :)

Apparantly we are waiting for international clearance. He will sign, as Banik Ostrava are already lining up his replacement.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]They''re making sure that he isn''t actually 2 Polish dwarves in a big man costume.[/quote]but i know a polish person who is 14 and 6''5 so polish people are big

[quote user="ricky knight"]because if we wait long enough maybe someone will nick him off us as per usual.[/quote]What do you mean as per usual? Who have we had nicked from under our noses when training at Colney apart from Jaskelainen?

I think the answer might be that he stated that he would not have another trial after the way boothroyd treated him. By hanging out his signing, Peter is effectively having him on trial at training to check him out properley and protect our valuable coffers.

Quite clever i would say.

[quote]but i know a polish person who is 14 and 6''5 so polish people are big[/quote]Polish dwarves are slightly bigger than normal dwarves too.  That''s why they''re wearing the big man suit, not just a normal sized man suit.

[quote user="The Priest"]

I think the answer might be that he stated that he would not have another trial after the way boothroyd treated him. By hanging out his signing, Peter is effectively having him on trial at training to check him out properley and protect our valuable coffers.

[/quote]

I would say nail hit head perfectly [Y]

Press conference today, I expect he is to be unveiled officially

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="The Priest"]

[/quote]

I would say nail hit head perfectly [Y]

[/quote]

So Smudge, does that mean will you back PG''s judgement if the press conference is the revealing of Dave the Striker, and wait until he plays a couple of games (no, not preseason walkabouts) before saying he''s cr@p? [:D]

For a player that doesnt like trials... what''s he doing right now? Unsigned yet training with us... it''s a flaming trial people!!! I think the fact that he hasn''t signed is down to Grant, we''re using this opportunity to take a good look at him, the whole international clearance thing is rubbish... Czech Republic are now classed as europe therefore a permit is not required. Very clever move by Grant. If he doesn''t like what he sees this week, i hope he pulls the plug... i''m sure if that happens, people here will start moaning but this is a good move. Sounds like we have first refusal, and Duffy rates him highly so thats why the speculation is positive about him... and that''s all it is right now... speculation!

If he was THAT good, we''d have snapped him up by now, so there must be question marks on his ability. They also spoke of his "culture shock", she clearly there''s a question mark there too. So, as it stands, we sold Earnshaw, sign Cureton... and have a 50/50 unproven player on trial... i''m actually quite nervous about this.