Sign in to follow this  
Dr Terrible

Who do you blame if next year goes wrong? Delia or Grant?

My workmate has drawn my attention to this site and theres one big question i have for all norwich supporters.

If next season we continue in the same standard that we have since winning promotion-3 years-who then do we blame? Delia will have been there for the duration of this regin and worthington took the original blame, but if it continues would you blame her or grant and why?

Grant or Delia? and why?

i suspect it would be grant taking the flak but dont ask me why.

think we have covered this already.

I think you need to look at some of the player contributions in some cases too? However, i''m a firm believer in believing, and this is a very negative post lol.

It really depends on how the season goes though doesn''t it?  I see no point in determining pre-season who''s fault it will be but it has to fall to Grant if it goes very horribly wrong.

At the end of the day, we have the nucleus of a good side here and if Grant can get the likes of Etuhu to step up to the next level then we could have a good season ahead of us.  This maybe un-ambitious but I will settle for us being competitive next season and for us to have made progress.  By that I mean I will be happy if we are in or challenging for the play off''s all season and I will be even happier if I can see signs that Grants team have the potential to get better.   That’s been my biggest problem over the last few seasons, you could only see our side getting worse and the better players sold.  What we need to see is a side that can grow together.

you do need to look at the players too.

For me though I couldn''t answer that, would all depend on the circumstances.

If funds are not realised then blame heads toward the board.

If funds are released and then wasted, or the team doesnt perform then its Grant.

If the funds are released, spent well, but Earnie breaks a leg, Hucks tears a groin and New Player A and New Player B are involved in a freak training ground accident resulting in career ending injuries then its just a season of bad luck!

I wouldn''t blame anyone as a matter of course, or decide that now, but if there are mistakes made then................

I firmly believe that we should all blame Gordon Ramsay...

If he wasn’t on the TV so much then Delia would surely be offered more TV work and not have time to sit on a football club board.

If we fail to make the play offs (fairly likely I would say), then I would blame Delia and the board. Why? Because, how can you have any realistic chance of promotion operating on a shoestring budget. Correct me if I''m wrong, but very few clubs win promotion to the Premiership without having a substantial transfer budget to work with. I still blame Delia and her cronies, as much as Worthy, for our poor showing in our single year''s adventure in the Premiership. If we''d bought a decent striker at the start of that campaign we may have survived.

If we are in the disastrous position of being relegated from the Championship at the end of next season, then I would blame Granty and his coaching staff, because we ought to have a good enough squad to avoid that calamity.

[quote user="Blainsey"]

quite right too!!

she stole the milk from me at my primary school.

thatcher the milk snatcher

:(

[/quote]

I hold her directly responsible for the broken metatarsals that so many footballers suffer from these days. That lack of calcium has clearly caused a weakness in the bones of the modern day footballer.

This is question is not as negative as I  first thought Wayne.

If you consider how much money we have invested in the football team over the past two seasons, and compare that to the likes of Colchester, then I would think most of us would agree that the football team and manager have under-performed and could have done better. But if you believe that the board could have invested more on players as some other clubs have then you would blame them too.

So, the way I see it - If the board give Grant money to spend and we continue to the same standard I would blame Grant. If Grant doesn''t have money to spend but still has a decent player budget then I would blame Grant and the board if there''s no improvement. But if he has to sell players then I would blame the board.

There''s no doubt in my mind - that although we could have invested more in the team over the last two seasons - the squad has underperformed  compared to many squads that cost a lot less.

I don''t really see how you can personalise this to Delia though, I thought cluck had gone [;)]

FAO NUTTY NIGEL: comparing us with colchester is a ridiculous example. do we not get 5 times athe gates they do?

How have i made this a personal thing with delia, i simply asked who would get the blame.

[quote user="wayne gardner"]

My workmate has drawn my attention to this site and theres one big question i have for all norwich supporters.

If next season we continue in the same standard that we have since winning promotion-3 years-who then do we blame? Delia will have been there for the duration of this regin and worthington took the original blame, but if it continues would you blame her or grant and why?

Grant or Delia? and why?

[/quote]

Who will we give the credit to if we gain promotion, should surely be the question?

In the first instance of things going wrong, the manager will always take the blame. But if things carry on going wrong, the fans will blame the board. At that stage the board will blame the manager. Personally, I blame the parents.

How have i made this a personal thing with delia, i simply asked who would get the blame.

[/quote]

Well, I''ll make it personal Wayne, its Delia''s fault NOW for our failure THIS season..............let alone the next one.

Her arrogant refusel to even entertain foreign investors says it all!.

So.......not Thatcher then, and I was convinced.

What about....the media........or.....the PC lobby?

Tell you what, who would you congratulate if we won the league next year?

Blame, blame, I know your name.

If we won the league next year, I''d blame the fans for setting unrealistic expectations which the team managed to meet by pure luck.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Well, I''ll make it personal Wayne, its Delia''s fault NOW for our failure THIS season..............let alone the next one.

Her arrogant refusel to even entertain foreign investors says it all!.

[/quote]

Wayne Gardner , meet 1st Wizard  !   LOL  , he yearns  for Delia  .......[:P]

Since you ask  ,  IF it goes tits up  next season   , then  at this point,  you have to make a guess based on whats happened in the past ,  and it`ll be a toss up with the manager and the players !    and it HAS to be said,  we have had some real tossers   in the team ......  they`ve either  gone belly up   if the opposition gives them a hard stare   ,  squander their unearned wealth   in nightclubs , or throw teddy out the pram if they don`t get all their own way !   not to mention   turning up on the field  as , and when THEY feel like it ...

Sure you get the picture ?    luckily   we have got rid of some of them  , and its up to Grant  to see he doesn`t import any more   freeloaders !   because , sure as sh*t  , the words got around that we  are an easy touch ....  and I wouldn`t touch a certain player with a bargepole  who`s actually begging to come here !!    gotta be something wrong somewhere LOL .

Re Colchester  ,  you mentioned we have 5 times their gate  ? is that a great indicator  of who has the best team ?   because   they have a TEAM !  you know , play as one  , all fingers out respective holes,  want it badly  .....   no prima donnas  with inflated ideas about their " talent "  .......  dare I say this ?  IF we had a team like Colchester   , we could well be in the play offs   ( loud scoffings all round  [:$] )    but thats just my opinion  ...........

As for Delia  ? she NEVER  claimed to be a footballer , or even to understanding it !   she`s a fan who`s put her money where her mouth is  ,  she leaves the football side of the club to the board  and the coaching staff  , and , wisely , runs the part of the club she DOES  understand  !    [<:o)]

theres one big question i have for all norwich supporters.....Why do we have pointless threads containing really silly questions??

[quote user="blahblahblah"]It will be all my fault, ask Mello and Mystic Megson. 
[/quote]

it''S yOur FAulT mY kEYbOArd''s aCtIng uP!

I would most certainly put the blame fairly and squarely on the NCFC board.......(and bleurghblurblare). 

Just because, I can.

Oh, and I personally blame all those "toy, nodding car parcel-shelf Delia''s doggies," who sit in the first three rows (have you booked your front seat yet, bleurgh?) at the: "It''s not stage-managed y''know!" NCFC AGMs, including those superb insomnia curing roadshow''s........Oh, and I also blame that Dark Overseeing Overlord ''Darth Donkster'' and his army of ''galactic-cyber-eventguard-stormtroopers''......I''d also like to blame ''Skipper the Wallybee,'' but he''s jumped over the fence ''BOING!''.........I could go on........so I will.

Just the board really........They have the vertebrae of short strips of cheap hemp washing line.

I would also like to blame the arrival of the ''Turner Two'' for our demise as well.....but if they TURN it all around ......I''ll just deny that I said it, so the statistical anal-ists, can go and immediately plough through the forum archives and produce the damning evidence and smugly state "Oh yes you did Mello! It''s all here - and you''ll go to hell and you''ll die! For tellin'' those indefensible porkies about those who are the Messiah''s!" Or should that read ''messyliars?''

Who is actually to blame?...........Well, it''s li''l ole me, I suppose........Now, wot yer gonna do aboot it, eh? Nowt, because you''re all woosies and sleep with the bed-side light on, clutchin'' teddy!

And that''s why we''re in the mess we''re in.....Because we, the fans, are to blame for the situation we find ourselves in. The board see us all flock to the stadium, regardless........

[quote user="nolegs"]theres one big question i have for all norwich supporters.....Why do we have pointless threads containing really silly questions??[/quote]

Because we''re all pointlessly silly, and just can''t help ourselves in replying to them?.........[:|]

Thatcher on general principlesThe random nature of football. (Injuries, Anyone that mucks up badly enough to actually effect the outcome of the season.

[quote]it''S yOur FAulT mY kEYbOArd''s aCtIng uP![/quote]

Ifit''smyfaultyourkeyboardsactingup,itmustbeyourfaultmyspacebar''snotworking!!!!!

Ah, that''s better.  I agree, it is partly the fans'' fault.  By maintaining full houses for mediocrity, they remove their only veto for poor performance.  In the "good old days" of Chase, if we played badly, 12,000 would show.  If we played well, it would be 16-18,000.

[quote]Who is actually to blame?...........Well, it''s li''l ole me, I suppose........Now, wot yer gonna do aboot it, eh? Nowt, because you''re all woosies and sleep with the bed-side light on, clutchin'' teddy![/quote]

Have you been bugging my house ?

[quote user="SPat"][quote user="Shack Attack"]I blame Thatcher.[/quote]

me too, for most things ;-)
[/quote]

I blame Thatcher for you SPat.... Now get back to work!