Sign in to follow this  
Canary Ben

Well Who would have thought that then?

West Ham, 6 weeks ago i would have put my mortgage of them going down, This morning i would have put my car on them getting beat, But wow! Ohhh and who is it that performed to keep west ham up, yup you know it, GREENO!!! GGRRR!

Oh well, welcome back to our world again watford, charlton and sheffield!!!

[quote user="Ben Jones"]

West Ham, 6 weeks ago i would have put my mortgage of them going down, This morning i would have put my car on them getting beat, But wow! Ohhh and who is it that performed to keep west ham up, yup you know it, GREENO!!! GGRRR!

Oh well, welcome back to our world again watford, charlton and sheffield!!!

[/quote]

It just goes to show the perils of gambling Ben.

Just think, you could have been without a house and a car now. lol

Nothing would please me more to see a legal challenge and have those smug wet sham fans placed back in the champs where they belong

As far as Warnock is concerned he has come across superbly this season - a far more honest manager than the vast majority in the prem.   

i thought they would scrape out of it, i tought they had the ability and sheffield and wigan, and possibley fulham dont have the same money or players to there disposal.

There will he one hell of a load of scapping now over the ridiculous fine West Ham were given, but I doubt it will affect who is relegated.

That said, if I was a Sheffield United fan I would be livid at what happened. If all 19 remaining Premiership teams stood together, maybe some sort of justice could be handed out because at the moment, if you lie and cheat (which West Ham admitted) it only costs you £5.5m, but ensures you £30+. 

Mbncfc - try £76 million:  £30m next years leaue position, + 2* £23m increase in parachute payments minimum!

[quote user="7rew"]Mbncfc - try £76 million:  £30m next years leaue position, + 2* £23m increase in parachute payments minimum!
[/quote]

Dam straight - and thank you for not picking up the missing ''m''... [:$]

[quote user="mbncfc"]

There will he one hell of a load of scapping now over the ridiculous fine West Ham were given, but I doubt it will affect who is relegated.

That said, if I was a Sheffield United fan I would be livid at what happened. If all 19 remaining Premiership teams stood together, maybe some sort of justice could be handed out because at the moment, if you lie and cheat (which West Ham admitted) it only costs you £5.5m, but ensures you £30+. 

[/quote]

There are many things that do not sit right with this at all and it''s a very sorry affair. 

Although it was an external decision the Premier League are in deep doo-doo anyway which is why they will do nothing.  Firstly it took until March to charge West Ham in relation to an issue arising from an August transfer.  At the end of the day the PL should not have allowed the players clearance to play unless they were fully satisfied.  Clearly they could not have been but did nothing until March. 

I think the point deduction was avoided 1) because the people who did the deal are no longer at West Ham, 2) the PL took until March to charge them showing a shocking ineptitude on their part and 3) they thought West Ham were as good as relegated anyway.

Ultimately the PL needs to shape up because at the moment it looks weak.

It’s also interesting that no-one is challenging the legitimacy of Mascherano playing for Liverpool, who is after all on “loan” from West Ham.

Sorry, just need to clarify something here - Mascherano is not on loan from West Ham, it was a permanent transfer to the tune of 1.5 million into West Ham''s coffers, and a reported £10 million going to MSI who actually owned his contract.The issue of Mascherano & Tevez was regarding a section of the registration process that was not correctly completed, and Liverpool ensured this was done within days of signing Mascherano. (West Ham soon followed suit after being warned Tevez would be ineligible to play if it wasn''t completed.).The fact that Liverpool own Mascherano''s contract Lock, Stock, and that they fully registered the player correctly as per the demands of the FA is why no-one is challenging them, as they have nothing to get challenged over...

As a matter of interest ( and because I can`t be arsed [:D] )   if  the goals scored by Tevez were to be deducted  , where would  WHam  be now ?   I believe he scored 7

[quote user="sheded"]As a matter of interest ( and because I can`t be arsed [:D] )   if  the goals scored by Tevez were to be deducted  , where would  WHam  be now ?   I believe he scored 7[/quote]

Put simply, they would have been relegated long ago, and never made it to a final day "Survival Sunday" - he has been a match winner for them. Pretty much carried the team.

I hope they get what they deserve.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Sorry, just need to clarify something here - Mascherano is not on loan from West Ham, it was a permanent transfer to the tune of 1.5 million into West Ham''s coffers, and a reported £10 million going to MSI who actually owned his contract.

The issue of Mascherano & Tevez was regarding a section of the registration process that was not correctly completed, and Liverpool ensured this was done within days of signing Mascherano. (West Ham soon followed suit after being warned Tevez would be ineligible to play if it wasn''t completed.).

The fact that Liverpool own Mascherano''s contract Lock, Stock, and that they fully registered the player correctly as per the demands of the FA is why no-one is challenging them, as they have nothing to get challenged over...
[/quote]

Thanks for that.  I can''t find anything on Liverpool buying him though only that they loaned him for 18 months.  Any links you know of?

[quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="mbncfc"]

[/quote]

There are many things that do not sit right with this at all and it''s a very sorry affair. 

Although it was an external decision the Premier League are in deep doo-doo anyway which is why they will do nothing.  Firstly it took until March to charge West Ham in relation to an issue arising from an August transfer.  At the end of the day the PL should not have allowed the players clearance to play unless they were fully satisfied.  Clearly they could not have been but did nothing until March. 

I think the point deduction was avoided 1) because the people who did the deal are no longer at West Ham, 2) the PL took until March to charge them showing a shocking ineptitude on their part and 3) they thought West Ham were as good as relegated anyway.

Ultimately the PL needs to shape up because at the moment it looks weak.

It’s also interesting that no-one is challenging the legitimacy of Mascherano playing for Liverpool, who is after all on “loan” from West Ham.

[/quote]

Here''s the extract from the Independent Commissioners Judgement giving their reasons.

"      Many clubs may be of the view that all competitions

should be decided on the pitch and not by tribunals.

Whilst that is a natural and understandable view, the

fact remains that some breaches will be of such

a serious nature that only a deduction of points would

be appropriate.

Some clubs, here perhaps those who are locked in the

relegation battle with West Ham, may be of the view that

only a points deduction would be appropriate.

Here, we have finally come to the view that

a deduction of points would not be proportionate
           punishment.

We have taken the following factors into account:

One, the club''s pleas of guilty.

Two, the fact that the club is under new ownership

and management.  True it is that Mr Duxbury remains, but

we are impressed by Mr Sturman''s point that Mr Magnusson

could have cynically dispensed with his services so as

to reflect more favourably upon the club.

Three, had the club in time made disclosure of the

third party contracts to the FAPL, then, in all

probability, contracts could have been entered into

which would not have offended the Rules.  Mr Mascherano

is now playing football for Liverpool.  He is doing so

pursuant to a contract entirely different in form to

these contracts, and which has been approved by the

FAPL.  We have no reason to suspect that the same could

not have been achieved with West Ham in August 2006.

Four, there has been a delay between the discovery

of these breaches and these proceedings.  Whilst that

delay is due to no party''s fault, the consequence is

that a points deduction, say in January, whilst

unwelcome, would have been somewhat easier to bear than

a points deduction today which would have consigned the

club to certain relegation.

Five, Tevez has continued to play for the club after

the discovery of these breaches.  The FAPL had the power

to have then terminated his registration.  For

understandable reasons, they did not.  Had it not been

for these proceedings, the club and the FAPL might have

reached a similar situation to that pertaining to

Liverpool and Mascherano.  Tevez, we note, has played in

more games post-24th January than before it.

Six, we have considered the position of the players

and the fans.  They are in no way to blame for this

situation.  Of course, if the impact upon players and

fans was to be the overriding consideration, there may

never be a deduction of points.  However, in this case,

the fans and the players have been fighting against

relegation.  They have been doing so from between

January and April.  They have been so doing against the

ever-present threat of a deduction of points.  Those

efforts and that loyalty would be to no avail were we to

now, on what might be termed the eve of the end of the

season, to deduct points.

Seven, it was Mr Igoe, thus the club, then under new

ownership, who brought attention to these breaches.

Thus we do not order any deduction of points.

We repeat we do take these breaches as being extremely

serious.  They could have merited a points deduction,

and thus the financial penalty must reflect that."

Where the fans considered when other clubs had points deducted...I think not

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/6657697.stm

"Fifa has the power to use all 14 sanctions of the disciplinary code - ending with exclusion of a member via relegation and deduction of points"

Fifa president Sepp Blatter

[/quote]

oh how id laugh if they got relegated and got a 10 point deduction to start next season with... be even funnier once Tevez is in a chelsea shirt.

jas :)

That''s OK then!! Good old FIFA!!! That''ll put everyones mind at rest that justice will prevail!!!!

FIFA... Possibly the most corrupt governing body in sport! (Alledgedly!) [;)]

Cheers WN, it makes interesting reading hey?

So, the FAPL considered the West Ham fans because they had faught so long and hard against the threat of relegation... give me strength! Does that make the issue any more right or wrong?

The change at boardroom is also irrelevant. It is the club which is being dealt with, not individuals. Everyone would simply change their boardroom in future to ensure they only get a fine.

And how can the delay play any part in this too? Surely everyone would simply hold things up in future to ensure they only get a fine.

A lot of people are saying how they are board of the matter now, and that the punishment has been given, the season over, so let''s just forget about it and let it go.

But the simple fact backed up by the above verdict is West Ham should have received a points deduction for their breach of the rules, but were not for a variety of lame excuses. Therefore, no-one should let it go until justice is done and the top of the game can  look itself in eye and realise people will cheat if they''re only going to be fined £5.5m.

I hope FIFA do what the FAPL, The FA or their associated boards and panels should have done in the first place.

[quote user="mbncfc"]

So, the FAPL considered the West Ham fans because they had faught so long and hard against the threat of relegation... give me strength! Does that make the issue any more right or wrong?

The change at boardroom is also irrelevant. It is the club which is being dealt with, not individuals. Everyone would simply change their boardroom in future to ensure they only get a fine.

And how can the delay play any part in this too? Surely everyone would simply hold things up in future to ensure they only get a fine.

A lot of people are saying how they are board of the matter now, and that the punishment has been given, the season over, so let''s just forget about it and let it go.

But the simple fact backed up by the above verdict is West Ham should have received a points deduction for their breach of the rules, but were not for a variety of lame excuses. Therefore, no-one should let it go until justice is done and the top of the game can  look itself in eye and realise people will cheat if they''re only going to be fined £5.5m.

I hope FIFA do what the FAPL, The FA or their associated boards and panels should have done in the first place.

[/quote]

My feelings exactly. It is blatantly unfair and the whole thing stinks of money. I hope that the several clubs in the Prem continue with their promise of litigation and do not hide now their top flight status has been secured.

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="mbncfc"]

[/quote]

My feelings exactly. It is blatantly unfair and the whole thing stinks of money. I hope that the several clubs in the Prem continue with their promise of litigation and do not hide now their top flight status has been secured.

[/quote]

Agree although I think it would carry more weight if the bigger clubs got involved.  Would Man U be more interested in contesting this if Tevez''s goal on Sunday had cost them the title?

having read the extract from the Independent Commissioners Judgement giving their reasons.  I cannot find a single reason justifying the non points deduction.  Other clubs have been relegated in the past by points deductions...

If this had been Wigan, Sheffield United, Reading, Watford or any other smaller side they would have been given a points deduction.  What a disgrace our association is.