Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Worthy gets a win

Worthy gets a win with a last minute goal so it looks like Leicester are safe now.

Will he now become the new Leicester hero and get the job ful-time?

Told you Leicester and Worthy would do it...  not so sure that they will give him the job on a permanent basis though!!!

We are absolutely delighted, great performance by the boys, looks like we are safe and are now feeling greedy by hoping Leeds are relegated.

The under 18s beat your side 3-0 today to clinch the title, hopefully see a few more of them in the first team next year as Mattock has been superb, a player Worthington has brought into the side.

Hope you guys beat the tractor boys tomorrow, never liked ipswich and i have links with Norwich so would be good to see you win. Dion to score the winner maybe?!?!?

[quote user="foxile"]

We are absolutely delighted, great performance by the boys, looks like we are safe and are now feeling greedy by hoping Leeds are relegated.

The under 18s beat your side 3-0 today to clinch the title, hopefully see a few more of them in the first team next year as Mattock has been superb, a player Worthington has brought into the side.

Hope you guys beat the tractor boys tomorrow, never liked ipswich and i have links with Norwich so would be good to see you win. Dion to score the winner maybe?!?!?

[/quote]not if u still have worthy he plays one youngster evry 5 years

[quote user="foxile"]

[/quote]

When I heard it was 0-0 at half time I thought "Leicester will probably win this now".  It''s trademark Worthy - keep it tight until the interval while the opposition run themselves ragged, then accelerate in the second half.  It wasn''t a fluke, at least I don''t think so.  Sounds like they''re starting to play the way he wants them to, and winning in that fashion should build their confidence.  I''ve no particular interest in Leicester City but I wish him well.

PS.  Anyone NOT want to see Leeds relegated?!

[quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="foxile"]

[/quote]

When I heard it was 0-0 at half time I thought "Leicester will probably win this now".  It''s trademark Worthy - keep it tight until the interval while the opposition run themselves ragged, then accelerate in the second half.  It wasn''t a fluke, at least I don''t think so.  Sounds like they''re starting to play the way he wants them to, and winning in that fashion should build their confidence.  I''ve no particular interest in Leicester City but I wish him well.

PS.  Anyone NOT want to see Leeds relegated?!

[/quote]

Totally agree MM!

I wish Worthy well and think he will be succesful, after all he was for us until it went wrong!

What I find so hard to understand is how fans can welcome back and  follow the careers of ex-players who had less success at this club than Worthy and yet so badly want to see him fail.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Totally agree MM!

I wish Worthy well and think he will be succesful, after all he was for us until it went wrong!

What I find so hard to understand is how fans can welcome back and  follow the careers of ex-players who had less success at this club than Worthy and yet so badly want to see him fail.

[/quote]

Obviously you forgot his barbed remarks and the acrimonious circumstances that he left under.... I''m sure it will all be forgotten soon enough, but we are still in the season that was wasted because the board did not sack him in the summer.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Totally agree MM!

[/quote]

Obviously you forgot his barbed remarks and the acrimonious circumstances that he left under.... I''m sure it will all be forgotten soon enough, but we are still in the season that was wasted because the board did not sack him in the summer.

[/quote]

So the man is to blame for not getting the sack earlier. Personally i think he has been quite dignified since leaving and has said all the right things and i agree with NN''s sentiments.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Totally agree MM!

[/quote]

[/quote]

So the man is to blame for not getting the sack earlier. Personally i think he has been quite dignified since leaving and has said all the right things and i agree with NN''s sentiments.

[/quote]

But remember, he doesn''t care what the fans think - which is when the axe should have fell - yes, very dignified...

[quote user="ricky knight"]

So the man is to blame for not getting the sack earlier. Personally i think he has been quite dignified since leaving and has said all the right things and i agree with NN''s sentiments.[/quote]

I guess you were a real fan then eh....  he is a ****.   You are right though...  Our jobs for friends Inept Board are really to blame for this season.  but hey, how many fans predicted this season before it started....  Loads.  In fact by not releasing enough funds to Worthy at the start of the premiership season who is really to blame for our relegation (with a points tally that has always been relegated) - especially considering when we find out in January that funds were available.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

So the man is to blame for not getting the sack earlier. Personally i think he has been quite dignified since leaving and has said all the right things and i agree with NN''s sentiments.[/quote]

I guess you were a real fan then eh....  he is a ****.   You are right though...  Our jobs for friends Inept Board are really to blame for this season.  but hey, how many fans predicted this season before it started....  Loads.  In fact by not releasing enough funds to Worthy at the start of the premiership season who is really to blame for our relegation (with a points tally that has always been relegated) - especially considering when we find out in January that funds were available.

[/quote]

I say again i wanted Worthy out after the Fulham game, but still appreciate the play-off final and promotion to the premier and i dont see him as an ogre, although this inept board is a different story, but dont get me started on that.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

I say again i wanted Worthy out after the Fulham game, but still appreciate the play-off final and promotion to the premier and i dont see him as an ogre, although this inept board is a different story, but dont get me started on that.

[/quote]

Agree with everything that you say there Ricky... although even I was prepared to give Worthy a shot at getting us back to the promised land...  his time was up in my books in November 2005... then Paul McVeigh saved his job over Christmas... but the board still should of pushed Worthy in February 2006 at the very latest imo.

Every Norwich fan should be grateful for what Worthy achieved in his time with us however.

While Worthy has moved on... the board of directors are still here... and they are the real ones who are harming this fotball club.

Give it a rest smudger! The board are harming this football club, with out the board we wouldnt have a club! What we have is what we have- Accept it or get a new club, Love NCFC for what it is and could be, not for what you think it should be!!

Wothy, best of luck mate, i hope you can make a name for yourself again there, im sure you will!!

And smudger, go away -Yawn

[quote user="Ben Jones"]

Give it a rest smudger! The board are harming this football club, with out the board we wouldnt have a club! What we have is what we have- Accept it or get a new club, Love NCFC for what it is and could be, not for what you think it should be!!

Wothy, best of luck mate, i hope you can make a name for yourself again there, im sure you will!!

And smudger, go away -Yawn

[/quote]

So we have to accept mediocrity otherwise we should find a new club, what a load of claptrap. We want the best in life whatever we do, best job, best house, best life and try to achieve it, its the same for our club, i dont think this boards ambitions match the size of this club and should let somebody else have ago, Worthy stayed too long, now he is an ogre, same will happen to Delia and co. If you are content with lower half of the championship, good luck, but dont expect us all to feel the same.

[quote user="spud nud"]

worthy was never a bad manager

if we ever went 1-0 up he would attack  (under worthy)

if we ever go 1-0 up now granty would make us sit back!!!!! (under granty)

[/quote]

You obviously have a very short memory Spud, because thats not the way I remember Worthy''s tactics.

Fair enough but although I too wanted Worthie out, I can''t help wondering what might have been if he was able to buy his transfer targets in the summer.....